Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Browns Screw Up AGAIN!!!!!!!!
They take Johnny Football 2.0! Mayfield is the 5th best QB!

I knew it was coming, but I kept telling myself that "no......... there's no way that they're THAT stupid."

He'll get KILLED!
Reply/Quote
And then again by not taking Chubb!
Reply/Quote
Yea but the Denzel Ward pick is great. Chubbs a beast but they need a corner. The bengals this year are gonna be lock down on defense and it’s gonna be due to the play of Dennard Jackson and Kirkpatrick. Look at Jacksonville. The browns have a lot of talent on the d front. Denzel Ward is IMO actually a GREAT pick. As a bengals I love the baker mayfield pick to cuz we gonna make him our *****. He doesn’t worry me at all.
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2018, 09:41 PM)SadFaceBengal15 Wrote: Yea but the Denzel Ward pick is great.  Chubbs a beast but they need a corner.  The bengals this year are gonna be lock down on defense and it’s gonna be due to the play of Dennard Jackson and Kirkpatrick.  Look at Jacksonville.  The browns have a lot of talent on the d front.  Denzel Ward is IMO actually a GREAT pick.   As a bengals I love the baker mayfield pick to cuz we gonna make him our *****.  He doesn’t worry me at all.

Ward vs AJ Green is a matchup I'd take every sunday.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Wouldn’t it be insulting to the future hall of famer not to.....smh.
Reply/Quote
They only missed on Chubb. Couldve easily gotten a cb with later pick in the round.

So sad Baker is a Brown. Hes very good so i dont see why you think it was a miss? Watch tape on him or repeating what dum dums keep saying about him?
Reply/Quote
Mayfield will be a good to very good player not sure he can reach being great though. Not something to celebrate for us though.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
If they were going to take Mayfield, they could have gotten Barkley 1st and Mayfield at 4.

But instead they take a 6 ft QB and a 5'10" CB. Genius.
Reply/Quote
Yeah. Look where we draft our CBs. Around pick 20. And we've done pretty well. I wouldn't spend a top 5 pick on a CB. You have to take a pass rusher or QB or Left tackle. Unless there's an elite, elite, elite prospect at another position. They passed on an elite pass rusher in Chubb. If they take Chubb, they could have gotten Josh Jackson or Isaiah Oliver in the 2nd, or both.

Denver is gunna make out pretty well with both Von Miller and Chubb. They might be able to get Mason Rudolph in the 2nd round too.
Reply/Quote
Walter football had a great take on this pick:

Cleveland Browns: Baker Mayfield, QB, Oklahoma C Grade
*** All reports indicate the Browns will select Baker Mayfield first overall, so I'm going to publish a grade for it. If Mayfield is not the pick, I'll change this grade. ***

This "C" grade doesn't have much to do with Mayfield, as it does the position Cleveland is selecting. The Browns are the first team since the 1992 Colts to have both the top pick and another choice in the top five. They have more top-five selections in this draft than wins over the past two years! They needed to do something special with this pick, and this is not it.

I really like Mayfield. He's a great leader and a hard worker. He's very accurate and mobile. He fits what the Browns want. However, the Browns legitimately liked three quarterbacks in this process. Considering the amount of time it took them to make this decision, there can't have been much of a difference between Mayfield, Josh Allen and Sam Darnold. Thus, the correct move would have been selecting Saquon Barkley No. 1 overall. Barkley would have completely transformed Cleveland's offense, much like Marshall Faulk did with the Rams in 1999. Passing on a special player like Barkley is a mistake.

There's a very small chance Barkley will be available at No. 4 (the Giants will need to trade down or select a quarterback.) However, if the Browns take Barkley first, there's a 100-percent chance one of their three preferred signal-callers would be available at the four spot. This would be a completely different situation if the Browns had, say, the first and ninth picks. They would absolutely have to take a quarterback in that scenario. But they're in such a unique situation, and their inability to take advantage of it seems like an egregious error.

Read more: http://walterfootball.com/nfldraftgrades.php#ixzz5DqsdHJav
Reply/Quote
There were two players I really hoped they didn't draft--Barkley and Chubb. Well done, Browns.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
What's the point in covering 1 receiving when the qb will have all day in the pocket, every other receiver will be wide open and your front 7 will get pushed back 3 yards every snap? At least the secured the 1st overall pick next year already.
[Image: Cz_eGI3UUAASnqC.jpg]
Reply/Quote