Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Browns-Steelers Fines and Suspensions
Pending appeal he is out the rest of the season at least. Maurkice Pouncey out 3 games. Larry Ogunjobi suspended for 1. Each team fined $250,000. I'm sure more is to come. We still haven't seen the fines for the multiple head shots that occurred during the game.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/11/15/nfl-fines-teams-250k-each-suspends-others/

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/sports/browns-myles-garrett-suspended-indefinitely-over-helmet-attack-steelers-player-n1083236?cid=sm_npd_nn_fb_ma&fbclid=IwAR2Cu6ihyMwwgXAqfzszdj18rnZoQ_0NdgULuffjuytP-7wwvm4AZsGXcHM&fbclid=IwAR0uDP6_ySfY-JFlfbariEe2hiJXDWXrhxByOfcjzVfT-OTOEIMHBM1XdJY&fbclid=IwAR2Bhfjhr5Dnk2u-CGz9XTMuw5KrkOoeDjDGfIs4qpoX37IyBYN7VB_tohE

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(11-15-2019, 02:27 PM)pally Wrote: Pending appeal he is out the rest of the season at least....

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/sports/browns-myles-garrett-suspended-indefinitely-over-helmet-attack-steelers-player-n1083236?cid=sm_npd_nn_fb_ma&fbclid=IwAR2Cu6ihyMwwgXAqfzszdj18rnZoQ_0NdgULuffjuytP-7wwvm4AZsGXcHM&fbclid=IwAR0uDP6_ySfY-JFlfbariEe2hiJXDWXrhxByOfcjzVfT-OTOEIMHBM1XdJY&fbclid=IwAR2Bhfjhr5Dnk2u-CGz9XTMuw5KrkOoeDjDGfIs4qpoX37IyBYN7VB_tohE

BS. too quick of a decision. Should have reached a punishment for all and handed them out at the same time. Besides, Garrets actions weren't even near as bad as what Mike Brown and family do to us fans on a daily basis. 

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
They should give the fine money to DeCastro as a bonus.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(11-15-2019, 02:35 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: BS. too quick of a decision. Should have reached a punishment for all and handed them out at the same time. Besides, Garrets actions weren't even near as bad as what Mike Brown and family do to us fans on a daily basis. 

Agreed, seems kind of knee-jerk, to me.  I would have preferred to see all parties go to Commissioner's Exempt list, while all of this was thoroughly sorted out.

On another note, is Garrett now the new Burfict?

Edit: Just saw that suspension is indefinite, meaning the rest of this year and playoffs, at the very minimum.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
I dunno folks.. This almost makes the bengals look kind of decent in comparison. See? All it really takes for bengals success is being really bad and getting kicked out of football by the other teams.. See how easy that could be? 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(11-15-2019, 02:45 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Agreed, seems kind of knee-jerk, to me.  I would have preferred to see all parties go to Commissioner's Exempt list, while all of this was thoroughly sorted out.

On another note, is Garrett now the new Burfict?

Edit:  Just saw that suspension is indefinite, meaning the rest of this year and playoffs, at the very minimum.

Got to be on the field to stoke that reputation.  Garret won't be.
Reply/Quote
Mason started it, tried to rip off Garrett's helmet, kicked him in the sack twice, then charged Garrett.

No excuse for what Garrett did, that is horrible, however the media vilifies Garret and the Browns, while making

Mason and the Steeler's seem innocent. Rudolph gets no suspension.

Sound familiar Bengals fans?

The media says Kitchens has no control of his team, the Browns are the most penalized team in the league, the most ejections etc.

Why is it the darling Steelers can do no wrong?
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2019, 05:18 PM)bambino5130 Wrote: Mason started it, tried to rip off Garrett's helmet, kicked him in the sack twice, then charged Garrett.

No excuse for what Garrett did, that is horrible, however the media vilifies Garret and the Browns, while making

Mason and the Steeler's seem innocent. Rudolph gets no suspension.

The media says Kitchens has no control of his team, the Browns are the most penalized team in the league, the most ejections etc.

Why is it the darling Steelers can do no wrong?

The more things change the more they stay the same.
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2019, 02:35 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: BS. too quick of a decision. Should have reached a punishment for all and handed them out at the same time. Besides, Garrets actions weren't even near as bad as what Mike Brown and family do to us fans on a daily basis. 

I think your post is an assault on intelligence 
Reply/Quote
I don't generally like Pouncey but I am all for him going at Garrett after he hit his QB in the head with a helmet. I would defend all of my linemen if the situation was on my team. I also agree with him getting suspended for it, but in my opinion that is a suspension well respected and earned in this particular case.
Reply/Quote
NFL: New helmets prevent head trauma
Garrett: Hold my beer....
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(11-16-2019, 01:14 AM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: I don't generally like Pouncey but I am all for him going at Garrett after he hit his QB in the head with a helmet. I would defend all of my linemen if the situation was on my team. I also agree with him getting suspended for it, but in my opinion that is a suspension well respected and earned in this particular case.

Pouncey just showed what a ***** he is by kicking a man being held on the ground by two other players. DeCastro is the only person coming out of that melee that looked good.
Reply/Quote
More fines are coming:

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/11/17/report-nfl-to-fine-around-10-players-for-leaving-bench-during-thursdays-fight/
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2019, 10:02 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Pouncey just showed what a ***** he is by kicking a man being held on the ground by two other players. DeCastro is the only person coming out of that melee that looked good.

So your saying someone wearing this hat might not be a stand up guy?

[Image: HW7GPR55UYIFXJVQKHV5THQ67E.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2019, 10:02 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Pouncey just showed what a ***** he is by kicking a man being held on the ground by two other players. DeCastro is the only person coming out of that melee that looked good.

DeCastro definitely took the Professional approach, but either way he was still punching the crap out of him before he fell to the ground.  :andy: I really don't care if he was held to the ground or not after assaulting your QB in the head without his helmet on he deserves a beating IMO. Not to say Mason Rudolph wasn't being ridiculous in his own right, they all let it go to far, but I still respect the lineman for viciously defending his QB. And yeah I still think Pouncey's a scummy player.
Reply/Quote