Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Browns @ Steelers Game Day Thread
1:00PM on WKRC 12. Steelers clinch #1 seed with win & Pats loss.

Game thoughts go here.
Reply/Quote
Browns first win in over 2 years today.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Cleveland should be highly insulted. I would think the Steelers want a shot at the one seed, which requires they win. Apparently, they think Cleveland is so bad that they can win without their starting QB and RB. Go Brownies!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2017, 02:13 PM)bjf123 Wrote: Cleveland should be highly insulted. I would think the Steelers want a shot at the one seed, which requires they win.  Apparently, they think Cleveland is so bad that they can win without their starting QB and RB.  Go Brownies!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

And so far they would be right. Cleveland D couldn't look more pathetic on that opening drive.
[Image: hFcJI4.png]
Reply/Quote
Looks like Hue will be coaching elsewhere next season. When you send your starters out against backups with little experience and still get steam rolled, you don't survive...
Reply/Quote
I thought at least the game might be close, but the Browns defy all attempts to even the playing field. I expect an equal effort by the Bengals later.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
Several years ago the NFL decided the season would end with division games to create intrigue and impact for the playoffs.

There are 7 early games today. On paper, only 1 of those games shouldn't be crap fests or blowouts, Cowboys/Eagles.

I'd say the NFL's approach has not worked.
Reply/Quote
And Kizer calls TO with 2 secs on the game clock and play clock
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
Nothing about this Browns team screams "wow Hue Jackson is destined to be a great HC."  I see him like an offensive-minded Jim Schwartz.  Good coordinator, but not necessarily a HC type of guy.
Reply/Quote
Wow that was too easy. LOL
Reply/Quote
Not a TD by Gordon. 90% chance they don’t score a TD

Reply/Quote
(12-31-2017, 03:45 PM)Bilbo Saggins Wrote: Nothing about this Browns team screams "wow Hue Jackson is destined to be a great HC."  I see him like an offensive-minded Jim Schwartz.  Good coordinator, but not necessarily a HC type of guy.

I actually would like to see Schwartz be our next guy.

Personally I think he over achieved with the Detroit teams that he had.
Reply/Quote
No Ben, Brown, Bell, Pouncey, or DeCastro and still owning the Browns. Ridiculous roughing the passer call not helping.

Reply/Quote
That was roughing the passer? If it was the other way around do you really think they call that on the Steelers? No chance.
Reply/Quote
I really hate all of the TD celebrations. They are so contrived and awkward.

Reply/Quote
(12-31-2017, 04:12 PM)michaelsean Wrote: I really hate all of the TD celebrations. They are so contrived and awkward.

Yeah.  I loved Chad's early celebrations, but understood why they changed the rules.  The things being done since relaxing the rules are not harmless fun, as they were through '07.  It's 5, 6, 7, sometimes even all 11 guys wasting time to choreograph something that is more often intended to taunt the opponent rather that celebrate the success of scoring.  I hope they revisit things in the offseason.
Reply/Quote
Go Browns!
Reply/Quote
And just like that the Brownies are losing again.
Reply/Quote
Well it was tied for however long it takes JuJu to run 100 yds.

Reply/Quote
One penalty so far on Pitt and it was for kicking the ball out of bounds.

Reply/Quote