Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Browns/Steelers game should be interesting
(09-09-2018, 09:17 AM)6andcounting Wrote: Illegal hands to the face can only be called on blockers.

Sorry, my mistake.  I thought that I had read something about extending that to ball carriers.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2018, 09:14 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Let's see...a guy that's not playing, against a team the Steelers aren't playing today.

Real relevant.  Mellow

steeler fans are just obsessed with the Bengals.   They deny it, of course.  But the evidence is overwhelming.  Look how many of their answers include Bengals, even if the topic does not.  But, to be fair, what else could one expect from their low intelligence fan base?  Also, it helps in their denial of how their organization is wasting their star's careers by not being quite as good as they should be and takes their minds off how loudly the clock is now ticking.

I'm sure they'll easily beat the Browns today. That much is a given. After that, we'll just have to wait and see. But they seems as intent on self destructing as they are chasing another championship.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
Bell who? Conner ripping it up through 3 quarters. 124 yards on 14 touches with 2 TDS. 11/90 on the ground. Bye bye asshole
Reply/Quote
Refs need a effing physics lesson. That "no touch" punt is one of the worst calls I've seen in the history of the NFL. Typical Tomlin slop fest against a vastly inferior team though.
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2018, 06:00 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Refs need a effing physics lesson.  That "no touch" punt is one of the worst calls I've seen in the history of the NFL.  Typical Tomlin slop fest against a vastly inferior team though.

I was half expecting Chubb to go into concussion protocol after having the punt bounce off his head like that.

At least Damarious Randell recovered from the cramp he developed immediately after he realized he called a timeout with none left. Those things sneak up on you at the craziest of times.  Rolleyes
[Image: Cz_eGI3UUAASnqC.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Popcorn

Reply/Quote
The Tyrod Taylor era in Cleveland might already be over. Mayfield would have won that game.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

Reply/Quote
Popcorn

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(09-10-2018, 09:46 AM)McC Wrote: The Tyrod Taylor era in Cleveland might already be over.  Mayfield would have won that game.

Any QB with average ability would win that game for Cleveland.

Taylor was 0 for his last 9 before hitting the TD pass (great catch btw).

19 for 40? Awful.  And he didn't run all that well either...just often.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Warning: Reading signatures may hurt your feelings.
Reply/Quote
(09-07-2018, 01:02 PM)michaelsean Wrote: They offered him like $14.5 million a year.  He declined.  

What guaranteed money did they offer? The tag gave him 14million guaranteed. The Rams paid Gurley and he is not worth what Bell is. The problem is the FO has to keep their payroll manageable. The injuries and suspensions also had allot to do with his situation. Make no mistake he WILL get paid.
Reply/Quote
(09-07-2018, 01:02 PM)michaelsean Wrote: They offered him like $14.5 million a year.  He declined.  

What guaranteed money did they offer? The tag gave him 14million guaranteed. The Rams paid Gurley and he is not worth what Bell is. The problem is the FO has to keep their payroll manageable. The injuries and suspensions also had allot to do with his situation. Make no mistake he WILL get paid.
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2018, 11:53 AM)Catmandude123 Wrote: What guaranteed money did they offer? The tag gave him 14million guaranteed. The Rams paid Gurley and he is not worth what Bell is. The problem is the FO has to keep their payroll manageable. The injuries and suspensions also had allot to do with his situation. Make no mistake he WILL get paid.

$33 million
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(09-10-2018, 12:01 PM)michaelsean Wrote: $33 million

You can't include the 14mil on the tag. BTW Gurley got 45 mil. guaranteed. I don't think anyone doesn't see the Steelers position with all of their high paying contracts but Bell is worth more than Gurley and he knows it. 
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2018, 12:23 PM)Catmandude123 Wrote: You can't include the 14mil on the tag. BTW Gurley got 45 mil. guaranteed. I don't think anyone doesn't see the Steelers position with all of their high paying contracts but Bell is worth more than Gurley and he knows it. 

What?  They guaranteed $33 million. Gurley had a better year.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(09-10-2018, 11:46 AM)GMDino Wrote: Any QB with average ability would win that game for Cleveland.

Taylor was 0 for his last 9 before hitting the TD pass (great catch btw).

19 for 40? Awful.  And he didn't run all that well either...just often.
I don't get the love for him that some people have.  Yeah, he doesn't turn the ball over but he doesn't make enough throws.  Hell, a decent QB would have beaten the Jags in the playoffs last year in a game that was there for the taking.

Reply/Quote
(09-10-2018, 01:20 PM)michaelsean Wrote: What?  They guaranteed $33 million.  Gurley had a better year.

So just why are all you Steelers fans crying so loud? Every tread on every site is Steeler fans whining. It's like if I couldn't afford a new Corvette and took my frustration out on General motors. Get over it he is over you. 
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2018, 07:08 PM)Catmandude123 Wrote: So just why are all you Steelers fans crying so loud? Every tread on every site is Steeler fans whining. It's like if I couldn't afford a new Corvette and took my frustration out on General motors. Get over it he is over you. 

He's not a steelers fan...

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2018, 09:25 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: He's not a steelers fan...

I guess I should have said closet fan. Why would any Bengals fan care if the Steelers over paid for a player? I personally hope they give all their cap money to a handful of players so they can't pay the rest of their team . Subtraction by addition.
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2018, 07:08 PM)Catmandude123 Wrote: So just why are all you Steelers fans crying so loud? Every tread on every site is Steeler fans whining. It's like if I couldn't afford a new Corvette and took my frustration out on General motors. Get over it he is over you. 

A) wth kind of analogy is that?

B) People forget that Gurley was signed after Bell failed to reach a deal and had to play under the Tag, so when the Steelers offered Bell $33M guaranteed, it was easily the highest guaranteed money to a running back.

C) Bell is better than Gurley. But.....Gurley is younger, a better team player and character guy, and not one hit from a bong away from a 1 year suspension.

D) Is it Bell or is it his line?
https://247sports.com/nfl/pittsburgh-steelers/Article/James-Conner-LeVeon-Bells-market-value--121708394/
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2018, 07:13 AM)Catmandude123 Wrote: I guess I should have said closet fan
Just because a Bengal fan is knowledgeable enough, and comfortable with himself enough to have a rational conversation with a fan of a rival club, does not automatically make said fan a "closet fan" of the other team.   Rolleyes

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote