Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Browns/Steelers game should be interesting
(09-11-2018, 08:20 PM)StrictlyBiz Wrote: A) wth kind of analogy is that?

B) People forget that Gurley was signed after Bell failed to reach a deal and had to play under the Tag, so when the Steelers offered Bell $33M guaranteed, it was easily the highest guaranteed money to a running back.

C) Bell is better than Gurley. But.....Gurley is younger, a better team player and character guy, and not one hit from a bong away from a 1 year suspension.

D) Is it Bell or is it his line?
https://247sports.com/nfl/pittsburgh-steelers/Article/James-Conner-LeVeon-Bells-market-value--121708394/

Bell didn't write the rules about the tag, You think he is rewriting the rule book when he is exercising  his CBA rights. If you are mad about Bell not being on your team you need to be mad at the front office not BELL. This is not on Bell. The FO took their stance and now it comes to fruition. If you think he won't be paid you are mistaken.
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2018, 08:20 PM)StrictlyBiz Wrote: A) wth kind of analogy is that?

B) People forget that Gurley was signed after Bell failed to reach a deal and had to play under the Tag, so when the Steelers offered Bell $33M guaranteed, it was easily the highest guaranteed money to a running back.

C) Bell is better than Gurley. But.....Gurley is younger, a better team player and character guy, and not one hit from a bong away from a 1 year suspension.

D) Is it Bell or is it his line?
https://247sports.com/nfl/pittsburgh-steelers/Article/James-Conner-LeVeon-Bells-market-value--121708394/

Bell didn't write the rules about the tag, You think he is rewriting the rule book when he is exercising  his CBA rights. If you are mad about Bell not being on your team you need to be mad at the front office not BELL. This is not on Bell. The FO took their stance and now it comes to fruition. If you think he won't be paid you are mistaken.
Reply/Quote
(09-04-2018, 06:09 PM)The Real Deal Wrote: The Steelers locker room is so full of divas. Makes me wonder if this is the season the wheels fall off.

(09-04-2018, 06:19 PM)JS-Steelerfan Wrote: ... say the fans of every AFCN Steeler rival, every year. 

Ahem ... 
Reply/Quote
(11-19-2018, 02:45 PM)JS-Steelerfan Wrote: Ahem ... 

It isn’t over.

Reply/Quote
(11-19-2018, 05:39 PM)The Real Deal Wrote: It isn’t over.

No, it isn't. But if those wheels were going to fall off for the reason you suggested in September, they'd have done so by now. They may yet show they are not the best team in the league, but they've more than proven they have the fortitude to survive 'divas'.
Reply/Quote
(11-20-2018, 06:14 AM)JS-Steelerfan Wrote: No, it isn't. But if those wheels were going to fall off for the reason you suggested in September, they'd have done so by now. They may yet show they are not the best team in the league, but they've more than proven they have the fortitude to survive 'divas'.

Do you really think I care what reason the wheels come off?

Pittsburgh has no doubt become a top 5ish team to this point this season. But if you think that your team can pee the bed for 3 quarters like they did against Jacksonville, against any of the good teams, and have a chance to beat them, you’ve gone bonkers.

Nice win Sunday, no doubt. But it has to be concerning when thinking ahead to the playoffs. So don’t get too comfortable.

Reply/Quote
(11-20-2018, 10:12 AM)The Real Deal Wrote: Do you really think I care what reason the wheels come off?

Pittsburgh has no doubt become a top 5ish team to this point this season. But if you think that your team can pee the bed for 3 quarters like they did against Jacksonville, against any of the good teams, and have a chance to beat them, you’ve gone bonkers.

Nice win Sunday, no doubt. But it has to be concerning when thinking ahead to the playoffs. So don’t get too comfortable.

I admit that if I'm going to listen to Bengals fans about anything it's this.  They are experts at watching a team fall apart, crapping the bed for long stretches and losing to good teams.   Cool
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(11-20-2018, 10:12 AM)The Real Deal Wrote: Do you really think I care what reason the wheels come off?

Jacksonville, for whatever reason, seems to be a bad matchup for them. I'm not happy they put themselves in the position they did, but I think it's a good sign that they were able to overcome it (something they didn't do as much of in similar situations last year).
Reply/Quote
(11-20-2018, 10:28 AM)GMDino Wrote: I admit that if I'm going to listen to Bengals fans about anything it's this.  They are experts at watching a team fall apart, crapping the bed for long stretches and losing to good teams.   Cool

Listen up and listen good.

Reply/Quote
(11-20-2018, 01:28 PM)JS-Steelerfan Wrote: Jacksonville, for whatever reason, seems to be a bad matchup for them.  I'm not happy they put themselves in the position they did, but I think it's a good sign that they were able to overcome it (something they didn't do as much of in similar situations last year).

Yes, that is a head scratcher. They seem to dominate Steelers in the trenches, but not other, weaker teams like the Titans.  I also think that, like the Ravens, they always give Pittsbrugh their best game.  They may be better than their record too, as they did stomp the Patriots with Bortles at quarterback.

More than a "good sign" that they overcame a 16-0 deficit. They've had two classic Steeler trap games this year, and have come away 1-0-1 from them.  I just hope they can make it past the Raiders and Broncos. If they can then maybe they are approaching Patriot consistency, which they lacked in the past.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-20-2018, 10:28 AM)GMDino Wrote: I admit that if I'm going to listen to Bengals fans about anything it's this.  They are experts at watching a team fall apart, crapping the bed for long stretches and losing to good teams.   Cool

I love a good back-handed compliment ... ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
(11-20-2018, 01:28 PM)JS-Steelerfan Wrote: Jacksonville, for whatever reason, seems to be a bad matchup for them.  I'm not happy they put themselves in the position they did, but I think it's a good sign that they were able to overcome it (something they didn't do as much of in similar situations last year).

Yeah it's weird.  Isn't that the game Ben threw something like 5 INTs last year?  And 3 this year.  Can't remember how he did in the playoff game.  
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote

And you're experts at being doo doo heads. (I'd put a drop the mic thing here, but I hate that drop the mic thing so I'm not going to.)
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(11-21-2018, 09:58 AM)michaelsean Wrote: And you're experts at being doo doo heads.  (I'd put a drop the mic thing here, but I hate that drop the mic thing so I'm not going to.)

So, you emphasized your point by sharing with us that you don't like mic drops.  Strong.  Mellow
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2018, 12:34 PM)JS-Steelerfan Wrote: So, you emphasized your point by sharing with us that you don't like mic drops.  Strong.  Mellow

Way stronger than you.  (Place non-mic drop here.)

Reply/Quote
(11-21-2018, 02:43 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Way stronger than you. (Place good smack here) (Place non-mic drop here.)

Cool

Reply/Quote
(11-21-2018, 02:59 PM)JS-Steelerfan Wrote: Cool

Squealer just embarrassing himself now.  

Reply/Quote
(11-21-2018, 03:51 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Squealer just embarrassing himself now.  

Well, I can’t beat name calling, so I guess you won. You’re really good at this.
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2018, 09:57 AM)michaelsean Wrote: Yeah it's weird.  Isn't that the game Ben threw something like 5 INTs last year?  And 3 this year.  Can't remember how he did in the playoff game.  

There was 2 more that were called back by penalties, although the one penalty that guy caught it because he pushed off on Brown. I just hate seeing Ben throw the ball when he's inside the 5 yard line. 
Reply/Quote