Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Browns game had nothing to do with Chase out
Not having Chase hurt, but the way the game unfolded it sure felt like a loss would be the outcome even with #1 on the field.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2022, 08:49 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: OP is correct, that beatdown had nothing to do with Chase Young.  If anything, the team should look at Chase's absence as a blessing that exposed all of the underlaying issues with the offense, namely the offensive line.

Team can't even establish any semblance of a rushing attack, team can't pass protect to save their lives (or Burrow's).  The biggest disappointment has to be the performance of Left Tackle Jonah Williams, the ONE player that the team was banking on when they did a bold makeover of the offensive line this past offseason.  If Williams isn't getting beat physically, he often looks indecisive on weather to protect the edge or block down.

I'd love to give the interior OL some credit, for at least stopping the gushing hole up the middle that we so often saw last year, but they can't seem to generate any consistent push in the running game, that would enable so much pressure to be taken off of the passing game.

Was Chase Young missed in last night's game?  Absolutely.

Was his absence the reason the offense was  putrid?  Hell naw.

Uhhh...Chase Young is a Commander.
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2022, 09:35 AM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: I don’t understand how Chase being out had nothing to do with the result.

I grant you - they were pathetic. All over the field. But Chase being out was a huge factor.

Definitely a factor, but would Burrow have had time to get him the ball? Even on Tee's touchdown he got knocked to the ground and barely got the throw off. They predominantly rushed four and ate our lunch. Oline needs to run gassers for a week.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(11-01-2022, 09:38 AM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Not having Chase hurt, but the way the game unfolded it sure felt like a loss would be the outcome even with #1 on the field.

Yeah, when Mac missed the FG and XP, I knew it wasn't our night, lol. Halloween games suck for us. In fact, all prime time games on the road suck for us. We are 1-24 since 2000 in such contests. 

Reply/Quote
(11-01-2022, 09:36 AM)Whatever Wrote: At this point, Pollack has to go.  The team has dumped way too many resources into the OL in terms of draft picks and FA dollars for it to be struggling this much.  The regression of Jonah pretty much seals it for me.  Not to mention he's the run game coordinator.

Simmons should also be canned at this point.  His unit caused a 5 point swing for the Browns in this one.  Huber continues to shank punts, Evans continues to make bad decisions on bringing the ball out, Taylor calls fair catches with nobody within 5 yards of him, pet boys that contribute nothing at their actual position blow contain, etc.  

I gotta agree. 

Reply/Quote
They're just making every team over confident so they can lower the boom on the way to the upcoming draft.. First overall pick!  That'll get blown up too..
I almost miss those days when both the Bengals and Browns super bowl was the first pick of the draft.. At least Ohio teams could count on something. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(11-01-2022, 09:40 AM)Wyche Wrote: Yeah, when Mac missed the FG and XP, I knew it wasn't our night, lol. Halloween games suck for us. In fact, all prime time games on the road suck for us. We are 1-24 since 2000 in such contests. 

and sometimes, an entire decade suck for us.  Hilarious

Who Dey
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2022, 09:39 AM)Whatever Wrote: Uhhh...Chase Young is a Commander.

Yes, yes he is.  I mean Jamar Chase.   Mellow

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2022, 08:23 AM)Housh Wrote: We had a bunch of injuries

Not really much hope here. Last year we stayed relatively clean with injuries. We’re getting a real NFL load of them now and it’s too much. DJ Reader would’ve been important yesterday. Chase would’ve been important yesterday.

Sometimes the injuries are too much

And I’m starting to get really really tired of Zac needing to see something for 6 weeks before he can finally make a gameplan. Dude has no adjustment ability at all. It took us 5 weeks before we realized Tyler Boyd exists. That’s dumbass coaching period.

So with Chase being out i predict he’ll make a good gameplan in about 5 weeks.

So did the Browns and they were even starting their back up QB 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
You mean our defense gave up 32 points to a no name jacoby brissett???
Reply/Quote
Without Chase out there,Higgins got exposed.Not a #1 WR by any means.Similar to Auden Tate.Makes contested catches.Burrow finally became frustrated and threw it up for grabs,and Higgins comes down with it and scores a touchdown, but,that doesn’t always work,and it’s risky.

Hurst and Boyd should have been targeted early and often in this game.I’m thinking Hurst wasn’t even targeted until maybe late in the second quarter or early in the third.Yes,the play calling again was terrible.Outcoached and outplayed.
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2022, 08:23 AM)Housh Wrote: We had a bunch of injuries

Not really much hope here. Last year we stayed relatively clean with injuries. We’re getting a real NFL load of them now and it’s too much. DJ Reader would’ve been important yesterday. Chase would’ve been important yesterday.

Sometimes the injuries are too much

And I’m starting to get really really tired of Zac needing to see something for 6 weeks before he can finally make a gameplan. Dude has no adjustment ability at all. It took us 5 weeks before we realized Tyler Boyd exists. That’s dumbass coaching period.

So with Chase being out i predict he’ll make a good gameplan in about 5 weeks.

The Browns starting CB was out. and the Browns were 2-5. If you have to be totally healthy to beat 2-5 teams...

The Patriots beat them with Zappe out. Do you think if Burrow was out we'd beat them with Allen?
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2022, 09:35 AM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: I don’t understand how Chase being out had nothing to do with the result.

I grant you - they were pathetic. All over the field. But Chase being out was a huge factor.

Because Chase has nothing to do with Bengals losing 8 of the last 9 Browns Games.  

And because the Bengals Play Calling was Awful.   As ESPN announcers mentioned, other teams run the ball easily through Browns defense.  Mixon started off OK, but Zac as usual went PASS HAPPY.  He does that in many games as if this is Arena League.  So ESPN announcers were amazed how few running plays Zac called in the game.  You can NOT blame lack of a run game on O Line if Zac refuses to call running plays each and every game. 

Besides Bad Coaching,  All the players played Lousy for Bengals.   The Browns are NOT a great team, they just look like one every time they play the awful Bengals. 

CBS SPORTS gives BENGALS an F for last nights game.  I might say an F minus.  

CHASE INJURY is NO EXCUSE for how AWFUL the BENGALS were last night, or for going 0-3 in AFC North, or for going 1-8 in last 5 seasons of Browns games.  Joe Burrow has never beat Cleveland, and until he does he is a second rate QB.  Zac is a second rate coach until he beats Cleveland.   I'm also noticing McPherson makes his worst kicks if there is a Ref delay or the other coach calls time ouhttp://thebengalsboard.com/index.phpt to freeze him. I've been seeing this year, he does have a weakness after all.  Any delay on the field and he freezes up and misses the kick, short or long. If he just runs out and kicks it, he is fine, but any delay where he has to stand around often causes him to miss.

The sad thing is, I could see Browns coming into Cincy at seasons end and beating Bengals again, and Bengals going to 1-9 against them lately. The Bengals show up to play Touch Football Arena League, and the Browns show up to play NFL Tackle football. Zac Taylor tries to PASS ALL GAME. It got Burrow killed his rookie year. Due to Burrow injury Zac used the Run more in 2021 Super Bowl Season, but most of 2022 Zac refuses to give Mixon any carries, as it is al PASS, PASS, PASS. You do NOT win in the AFC North going PASS, PASS, PASS all game. Zac often is too West Coast or Arena League, and that PASS HAPPY stuff doesn't win in the AFC NORTH.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2022, 08:40 PM)kevin Wrote: Because Chase has nothing to do with Bengals losing 8 of the last 9 Browns Games.  

And because the Bengals Play Calling was Awful.   As ESPN announcers mentioned, other teams run the ball easily through Browns defense.  Mixon started off OK, but Zac as usual went PASS HAPPY.  He does that in many games as if this is Arena League.  So ESPN announcers were amazed how few running plays Zac called in the game.  You can NOT blame lack of a run game on O Line if Zac refuses to call running plays each and every game. 

Besides Bad Coaching,  All the players played Lousy for Bengals.   The Browns are NOT a great team, they just look like one every time they play the awful Bengals. 

CBS SPORTS gives BENGALS an F for last nights game.  I might say an F minus.  

CHASE INJURY is NO EXCUSE for how AWFUL the BENGALS were last night, or for going 0-3 in AFC North, or for going 1-8 in last 5 seasons of Browns games.  Joe Burrow has never beat Cleveland, and until he does he is a second rate QB.  Zac is a second rate coach until he beats Cleveland.   I'm also noticing McPherson makes his worst kicks if there is a Ref delay or the other coach calls time ouhttp://thebengalsboard.com/index.phpt to freeze him. I've been seeing this year, he does have a weakness after all.  Any delay on the field and he freezes up and misses the kick, short or long. If he just runs out and kicks it, he is fine, but any delay where he has to stand around often causes him to miss.

The sad thing is, I could see Browns coming into Cincy at seasons end and beating Bengals again, and Bengals going to 1-9 against them lately.  The Bengals show up to play Touch Football Arena League, and the Browns show up to play NFL Tackle football. Zac Taylor tries to PASS ALL GAME. It got Burrow killed his rookie year.  Due to Burrow injury Zac used the Run more in 2021 Super Bowl Season, but most of 2022 Zac refuses to give Mixon any carries, as it is al PASS, PASS, PASS.   You do NOT win in the AFC North going PASS, PASS, PASS all game.  Zac often is too West Coast or Arena League, and that PASS HAPPY stuff doesn't win in the AFC NORTH.

We could finish 10-7...but make no mistake, we could lose any of our remaining games. There's no easy wins this year.
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2022, 09:21 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: We could finish 10-7...but make no mistake, we could lose any of our remaining games. There's no easy wins this year.

But the person was saying Chase was a big factor last night.   I say that does not explain why Burrow or Zac never beat The Browns. 

Now you say there are no easy wins.  For most NFL teams The Browns are still an easy win.  

So there are 2 words that describes Zac, Burrow and The Bengals of 2022.  OVER RATED.   Not only could Bengals lose any of the remaining games as you say, they could lose ALL of the remaining games.  The MAGIC of 2021 Bengals just isn't there,  The 2022 Bengals aren't as good as last years team at 4-4 and 0-3 in AFC North. 

CBS is correct.  The Bengals get an F for last nights poor effort by coaches and players. 
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2022, 11:31 AM)ezekiel23 Wrote: Without Chase out there,Higgins got exposed.Not a #1 WR by any means.Similar to Auden Tate.Makes contested catches.Burrow finally became frustrated and threw it up for grabs,and Higgins comes down with it and scores a touchdown, but,that doesn’t always work,and it’s risky.

Hurst and Boyd should have been targeted early and often in this game.I’m thinking Hurst wasn’t even targeted until maybe late in the second quarter or early in the third.Yes,the play calling again was terrible.Outcoached and outplayed.

Nailed it
We are on the exact page w all of this.
Reply/Quote
Offensive play calling was like a 14 year old plying Madden, only worse.
Reply/Quote
This Sunday the Bengals will beat the Carolina Panthers easily and over the bye week everyone will think all is well in Cincinnati.

Trust me, it’s not. All is not well.
Reply/Quote
It’s both lines but mostly the Oline. Every time we face a team with 1 stud on the D line, he wrecks the whole damn game plan on offense which effects the defense. If our offense played anything like the first gave of the Atlanta game we would have blew them out. Our coaches with limited creativity as is, can’t scheme the bests receivers in the league open. Even with Chase out, it’s no excuse. Lack of any type of run game only compounds the situation.

Then our D line can’t get to the likes of Cooper Fush, Tribiscuit whatever his name is. We can’t rattle these guys? They sit back and pick apart our D with scrub wr’s WIDE OPEN. 3rd and 15,17,20 wtf.

You have got to start with the trenches. Both sides. Can’t have this many talented skill players just rotting away because this team is rotten from the inside out. Literally.

New line is worse than last years historically bad line. We’re looking at you Pollack.
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2022, 09:37 PM)kevin Wrote: But the person was saying Chase was a big factor last night.   I say that does not explain why Burrow or Zac never beat The Browns. 

Now you say there are no easy wins.  For most NFL teams The Browns are still an easy win.  

So there are 2 words that describes Zac, Burrow and The Bengals of 2022.  OVER RATED.   Not only could Bengals lose any of the remaining games as you say, they could lose ALL of the remaining games.  The MAGIC of 2021 Bengals just isn't there,  The 2022 Bengals aren't as good as last years team at 4-4 and 0-3 in AFC North. 

CBS is correct.  The Bengals get an F for last nights poor effort by coaches and players. 

It's what many analysts said when Burrow went here. The coaches are holding him back.
Reply/Quote