Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Browns got OBJ
Dre can't wait to pull his jersey then turn and complain to the ref about being flagged.
Reply/Quote
Let's see how well the Browns' moves translates on the field when the season comes in full swing.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
The Browns have made big moves in the past and are still the Browns. I'll admit though I like a lot of the moves they've made this year. Almost the opposite of the Bengals. I liked our HC decision and hated everything else, with them I hated the HC decision and loved everything else.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Difference for the Browns now is John Dorsey
Fredtoast + Ignore = Forum bliss

Reply/Quote
(03-12-2019, 09:13 PM)Whodey614 Wrote: Well might as well get this post out of the way

Cleveland sees the Steelers and Ravens get weakened and they go out and swing a blockbuster trade for a top 3 WR

Bengals sign Preston Brown and Bobby Hart to overvalued contracts.

So much for the "Browns improving will motivate Mike to go all in on winning" theory

OBJ is not a top 3 WR...
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2019, 01:19 AM)jason Wrote: OBJ is not a top 3 WR...

He’s right there. Certainly top 5.

Reply/Quote
Goes to show you. Tanking it for 20 years can really pay off.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
eh we still have AJ Green

be fun to watch W Jackson vs OBJ.. but wont matter if our Dline can get home
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2019, 09:10 PM)BengalFanInNJ Wrote: Giants get a 1st, 3rd and Jabrill Peppers.

Good move by the giants . They get a Peppers for cheap to replace Collins who got a mega contract. They can now have enough draft capital to get a top QB and OBj's replacement. All the while getting rid of a major pain in the ass. 
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2019, 03:02 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: He’s right there. Certainly top 5.

Eh... I'd take the usual suspects before him. On top of that his shit attitude, and me, me, me knock him down a peg or two as well. OBJ may be the better athlete, but give me Ju Ju and Theilen over him too.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2019, 09:44 PM)Au165 Wrote: The Giants ineptitude makes me feel a little better.

They got rid of OBJ for a reason, and they got a nice lil haul out of that trade.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2019, 11:13 AM)jason Wrote: They got rid of OBJ for a reason, and they got a nice lil haul out of that trade.

Not enough. Most NYG fans are livid over this.

Reply/Quote
(03-13-2019, 11:17 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Not enough. Most NYG fans are livid over this.

OBJ is a lesser receiver than AB but the Giants got a first round safety for two years and a first and a third to go with the other picks. The Giants have an aging QB and need to rebuild. The Browns were played. Wish we could have traded AJ for that kind of haul. All the Cincy fans would scream bloody murder but say nothing when our great FO basically brings back the same team who went 6-10.
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2019, 11:09 AM)jason Wrote: Eh... I'd take the usual suspects before him. On top of that his shit attitude, and me, me, me  knock him down a peg or two as well. OBJ may be the better athlete, but give me Ju Ju and Theilen over him too.

Oh so it's based on your Opinion.
Can't argue with that.
But it's
1. AB
2. Julio Jones
3. OBJ
4. Deadre Hopkins
5. AJ Green
6. Keenan Allen
7. Mike Evans
8. Michael Thomas
9. Stephon Diggs
10 TY Hilton

So your ranking of JuJu and Thielen is a bit off.
I will admit they are both good, but not that elite yet.
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2019, 11:06 PM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: The Browns have made big moves in the past and are still the Browns. I'll admit though I like a lot of the moves they've made this year. Almost the opposite of the Bengals. I liked our HC decision and hated everything else, with them I hated the HC decision and loved everything else.

I'm betting it takes at least 8 games before they are really hitting on all cylinders.

They could be very tough in the second half of the season. 

Mayfield is the difference maker here. He will finally be able to use the talent they get every year from their high draft picks.
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2019, 12:30 PM)Catmandude123 Wrote: OBJ is a lesser receiver than AB but the Giants got a first round safety for two years and a first and a third to go with the other picks. The Giants have an aging QB and need to rebuild. The Browns were played. Wish we could have traded AJ for that kind of haul. All the Cincy fans would scream bloody murder but say nothing when our great FO basically brings back the same team who went 6-10.

AB is 4 years older than OBJ, and the situations were completely different. The Browns did not get played at all. They added an elite WR who’s in his prime, and under contract for the next 5 years.

Amari Cooper brought back a 1st, and OBJ is far better than he is. All the Browns had to add was a 3rd, and an above average safety. They won that trade.

Reply/Quote
(03-15-2019, 11:52 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: AB is 4 years older than OBJ, and the situations were completely different. The Browns did not get played at all. They added an elite WR who’s in his prime, and under contract for the next 5 years.

Amari Cooper brought back a 1st, and OBJ is far better than he is. All the Browns had to add was a 3rd, and an above average safety. They won that trade.
Disclaimer : Fred Alert: do not read this if your feelings are easily hurt when discussing FO shortcomings.
The Giants were going nowhere this year or the foreseeable future with their roster. They lost their safety to free agency(84 mil to skins). Replaced him with a younger version for seven million the next two years. They acquired a first and third round draft pick to possibly trade up for a replacement for Manning while jettisoning 18 million / year for OBJ. If they trade Manning they could get more picks and cut another eleven million of the roster in 2019. Seems like the Giants have a plan. Do you feel any type of plan is being prepared for the Bengals? We will just keep planning to put more money in the Brown families pockets
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2019, 12:23 PM)Catmandude123 Wrote: Disclaimer : Fred Alert: do not read this if your feelings are easily hurt when discussing FO shortcomings.
The Giants were going nowhere this year or the foreseeable future with their roster. They lost their safety to free agency(84 mil to skins). Replaced him with a younger version for seven million the next two years. They acquired a first and third round draft pick to possibly trade up for a replacement for Manning while jettisoning 18 million / year for OBJ. If they trade Manning they could get more picks and cut another eleven million of the roster in 2019. Seems like the Giants have a plan. Do you feel any type of plan is being prepared for the Bengals? We will just keep planning to put more money in the Brown families pockets

The Giants have a plan? Lol! Look up anything the talking heads or their fans are saying about them right now. Nobody can figure out what they’re doing. Rebuilding? Then why add Golden Tate? Also, another lol at trading Eli. NOBODY is trading for Eli at this point.

Not sure why you keep bringing the Bengals into it? I’m no homer, and I’m extremely frustrated with everything they’ve done/not done since hiring Taylor.

My point is I like what the Browns are doing, and I’m jealous they have someone like Dorsey that knows how to build a really good team.

Reply/Quote
(03-15-2019, 11:52 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: AB is 4 years older than OBJ, and the situations were completely different. The Browns did not get played at all. They added an elite WR who’s in his prime, and under contract for the next 5 years.

Disclaimer : Fred Alert: do not read this if your feelings are easily hurt when discussing FO shortcomings.
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2019, 01:36 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Oh so it's based on your Opinion.
Can't argue with that.
But it's
1. AB
2. Julio Jones
3. OBJ
4. Deadre Hopkins
5. AJ Green
6. Keenan Allen
7. Mike Evans
8. Michael Thomas
9. Stephon Diggs
10 TY Hilton

So your ranking of JuJu and Thielen is a bit off.
I will admit they are both good, but not that elite yet.

Wait... How is OBJ better than DeAndre Hopkins? Is it the fewer games played, less yardage, and fewer TDs the past couple of years?

Can't argue with that.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote