Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Browns in first, Bengals need a win
(09-30-2019, 09:06 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: The Bengals are 1-10 over the last 11 games. Have to relearn how to win.

We can beat Mason Rudolph and declare mission accomplished !
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2019, 10:00 AM)ochocincos Wrote: The Browns were in first place all the way into late November in 2014 and they ended up last place at 7-9 after 5 straight losses.
I'm not too concerned with the Browns. They have good talent but will have up and down weeks.
Even if the Browns win the division, it's better than the Steelers IMO.

7-9 could win this division at this rate (well, close to it). The entire division is 4-10(soon to be 5-11 barring an odd tie) with the Ravens winning over the historically bad Dolphins, the Cardinals who went from worst to still close to worst, and the Browns beating the Jets' 3rd string QB and having the only decent win by beating the Ravens in Baltimore.

I'm not sold on the Browns, but an entire month into the season (regardless of the results of tonight's game) they'll be the only team in the division with what looks to be a legitimately difficult win.
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2019, 10:03 AM)Nately120 Wrote: 7-9 could win this division at this rate (well, close to it).  The entire division is 4-10(soon to be 5-11 barring an odd tie) with the Ravens winning over the historically bad Dolphins, the Cardinals who went from worst to still close to worst, and the Browns beating the Jets' 3rd string QB and having the only decent win by beating the Ravens in Baltimore.

I'm not sold on the Browns, but an entire month into the season (regardless of the results of tonight's game) they'll be the only team in the division with what looks to be a legitimately difficult win.

My concern with the Bengals is Dalton usually does better in Sept and Oct, not Nov and Dec.
I don't believe the Bengals make it to postseason this year unless Dalton can win (at least) 3 games by their bye week.
I don't think any team in the AFC North would be favored to win a playoff game right now regardless who wins the division.
The Chiefs and Patriots just look too darn good.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(09-30-2019, 10:47 AM)ochocincos Wrote: My concern with the Bengals is Dalton usually does better in Sept and Oct, not Nov and Dec.
I don't believe the Bengals make it to postseason this year unless Dalton can win (at least) 3 games by their bye week.
I don't think any team in the AFC North would be favored to win a playoff game right now regardless who wins the division.

Agree

I'm in no way sold on either the Browns or the Ravens. In fact like has been said 8-8 probably wins this division this season.
Reply/Quote
Look at it this way, MB is used to the Stealers and the Ravens winning the Division, so if Baltimore wins, it's status quo. If the Brown's climb out of their decades in the basement to win, as much as MB hates that team, maybe it will finally light a fire under him to keep them from dominating the division.
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2019, 10:47 AM)ochocincos Wrote: My concern with the Bengals is Dalton usually does better in Sept and Oct, not Nov and Dec.

The thing with the Chiefs and Pats too is that they both looked very mortal today...but they both won.  They've both blown out teams this year and won close games when things went pretty wrong.  This is a bizarre year for the AFC North because it could be the first or second time in decades the Steelers won't factor into the picture...maybe.
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2019, 11:12 AM)Nately120 Wrote: The thing with the Chiefs and Pats too is that they both looked very mortal today...but they both won.  They've both blown out teams this year and won close games when things went pretty wrong.  This is a bizarre year for the AFC North because it could be the first or second time in decades the Steelers won't factor into the picture...maybe.

Steelers finish in last place.

You heard it here first.
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2019, 11:14 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Steelers finish in last place.

You heard it here first.

I assure you 95% of Steeler fans said this the second Pig Ben was doing the Rodney Dangerfield "my arm's broke!" routine.

[Image: MessyGrippingEgret-size_restricted.gif]
Reply/Quote
I'm an old coot. I was a Brown's fan before the Bengals existed. It took a few years for me to convert. So if nothing else but for old times sake, if the Bengals can't get it done, I'd prefer to have the Browns win the division.
Reply/Quote
(09-29-2019, 09:23 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Unfortunately, I think this is much closer to who the Browns really are than the team that got curb stomped by the Titans.

Mayfield is young and will make mistakes, but he’s shown he can put up big numbers. With the weapons he has at WR and also Nick Chubb, if their defense is even halfway decent they will be a tough team. Probably the best in the division like many predicted.

Browns have been up and down, next 3 games will be interesting to see where they are...at SF, home with Seattle and NE,  I see them 3-4 after 7 games
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2019, 08:58 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Browns have been up and down, next 3 games will be interesting to see where they are...at SF, home with Seattle and NE,  I see them 3-4 after 7 games

That’s a tough few weeks.

Reply/Quote