Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Browns interested in McCarron per Mary Kay Cabot
http://www.cincyjungle.com/2017/4/7/15218890/browns-interested-in-aj-mccarron-per-report

Mary Kay Cabot Wrote:A few NFL sources have told me the Browns like McCarron because he knows the system, enjoys playing for Hue Jackson and has demonstrated that he can win in the NFL. He also wants to be traded. He’d give the Browns a good bridge QB while they develop their rookie. He’d give them a chance to win some games in 2017.

I know this sounds like it probably came from months ago, but this was just reported yesterday and updated today.
What might be going on is that the Browns didn't get a chance to land Garoppolo and might not be too high on the crop of QBs that they are seeing in this draft class (no surprise). Therefore, there could be more buzz happening with this than initially thought.

All of this might just be a smokescreen too or just speculation on Cabot's part, but I'm interested in seeing what (if anything) happens over the next three weeks leading up to the draft.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
She's reported something similar before. I think it comes down to do they trade up or wait and see what's there at 12 and 33. They have the draft capital to do pretty much what they want

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
bfine shows interest in Mary Kay Cabot

[Image: mkc.jpg]
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(04-07-2017, 03:12 PM)bfine32 Wrote: bfine shows interest in Mary Kay Cabot

Hit, even though that is not the most flattering pic...

Would love to get the first pick of the 2nd round for AJM = Do it. Mellow
Reply/Quote
(04-07-2017, 02:57 PM)ochocincos Wrote: http://www.cincyjungle.com/2017/4/7/15218890/browns-interested-in-aj-mccarron-per-report

I know this sounds like it probably came from months ago, but this was just reported yesterday and updated today.
What might be going on is that the Browns didn't get a chance to land Garoppolo and might not be too high on the crop of QBs that they are seeing in this draft class (no surprise). Therefore, there could be more buzz happening with this than initially thought.

All of this might just be a smokescreen too or just speculation on Cabot's part, but I'm interested in seeing what (if anything) happens over the next three weeks leading up to the draft.

Cabot has a great reputation when it comes to the Browns and has broken numerous stories involving them.  She's not the type to throw crap at a wall and see what sticks.  If she says they have interest, then they 99.9% have interest.
Reply/Quote
What's interesting there is they view him as a bridge qb. How much would you guys give up for a bridge qb on a team that just picked first overall and is still a few years from competing? I wouldn't give up a 2nd rounder that's for sure.

And I've been hoping we'd trade him but I wouldn't risk giving him to a division rival for anything less than a high 2nd
Reply/Quote
(04-07-2017, 03:12 PM)bfine32 Wrote: bfine shows interest in Mary Kay Cabot

Mary Kay keeps me wrinkle free.
Reply/Quote
(04-07-2017, 03:58 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: What's interesting there is they view him as a bridge qb. How much would you guys give up for a bridge qb on a team that just picked first overall and is still a few years from competing? I wouldn't give up a 2nd rounder that's for sure.

And I've been hoping we'd trade him but I wouldn't risk giving him to a division rival for anything less than a high 2nd

Should be their first pick of the 2nd if it is the Browns no doubt LF40.

Billings will destroy him once he becomes a Stain. No hard feelings AJMac. ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
(04-07-2017, 03:58 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: What's interesting there is they view him as a bridge qb. How much would you guys give up for a bridge qb on a team that just picked first overall and is still a few years from competing? I wouldn't give up a 2nd rounder that's for sure.

If they give up a 2nd then they are not looking at him as just a bridge.

I am beginning to think we won't trade McCarron, but on the other hand I would not be surprised if we did.  But if we do I don't think it will happen before the draft.  The Browns just have too many options (picks) to commit to McCarron too early.

Same goes for most other teams looking for a QB.  It all depends on what QBs go how early in the draft.
Reply/Quote
(04-07-2017, 04:03 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Should be their first pick of the 2nd if it is the Browns no doubt LF40.

Billings will destroy him once he becomes a Stain. No hard feelings AJMac. ThumbsUp

Browns need at least a #1 in my opinion so Browns pick #12 in round one or them to pound salt
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
Hue Jackson at the trade table again with the Bengals.

Last time it didn't go so well for Hue.
Reply/Quote
(04-07-2017, 04:27 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Browns need at least a #1 in my opinion so Browns pick #12 in round one or them to pound salt

If I were the Browns, I'd take Garrett #1, either Davis or Williams #12 to play opposite of Coleman as they need another big WR after Pryor bailed, and trade #33 for McCarron.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
I'd take pick #52 this year for McCaron with a 3rd next year that could become a 2nd based on performance.
Reply/Quote
The Browns wouldn't give up a first round pick (the Bengals' asking price) if they were only going to use McCarron as a stop-gag while they develop a rookie. If they trade for McCarron, they're not drafting a QB early.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(04-07-2017, 04:38 PM)Big Boss Wrote: The Browns wouldn't give up a first round pick (the Bengals' asking price) if they were only going to use McCarron as a stop-gag while they develop a rookie.  If they trade for McCarron, they're not drafting a QB early.

I agree, I believe they will attempt to get their target late in the first via possible trade up from pick 33. Remember, taking a QB at 32 is better than 33 because at 32 you get the 5th year option if he does pan out. If their targets are gone they will make a trade between round 1 and 2 with the Bengals for McCaron.
Reply/Quote
(04-07-2017, 04:49 PM)Au165 Wrote: I agree, I believe they will attempt to get their target late in the first via possible trade up from pick 33. Remember, taking a QB at 32 is better than 33 because at 32 you get the 5th year option if he does pan out. If their targets are gone they will make a trade between round 1 and 2 with the Bengals for McCaron.

Failing that, if they use aj as a bridge qb and don't resign him then they would get the comp pick when he leaves. They essentially lose a pick and position in another round and not necessarily 2 picks for him. They have no real veteran there and aj does know the system

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
I would take a second right now for McCarron. McCarron is a luxury right now, sitting on the bench while many other holes could be filled with a pick at the top of the 2nd round.
Reply/Quote
(04-07-2017, 05:09 PM)PikesPeakUC Wrote: I would take a second right now for McCarron. McCarron is a luxury right now, sitting on the bench while many other holes could be filled with a pick at the top of the 2nd round.

Inter division they gotta pay at least a 1st for a QB if they feel McCarron is the guy they will hand that up no problem.. Now which first we ask for is another question..  (gotta raise the price for the browns cant help the division get better without making them pay)
Reply/Quote
(04-07-2017, 04:49 PM)Au165 Wrote: I agree, I believe they will attempt to get their target late in the first via possible trade up from pick 33. Remember, taking a QB at 32 is better than 33 because at 32 you get the 5th year option if he does pan out. If their targets are gone they will make a trade between round 1 and 2 with the Bengals for McCaron.

if their target is gone? they have the 1st pick of the draft.
Reply/Quote
"He’d give the Browns a good bridge QB while they develop their rookie."

Just her opinion. Not an exact quote from anyone in Cleveland. If they trade for AJM, its with the intentions of him being their franchise QB. A second round pick is possible and I wouldn't be that surprised to see #12 or both seconds handed to us for him.

Think about it. The Browns are interested. Hue knows Mike's asking price by now or at least has a good idea. He's made a deal with the man once for a previous Bengals QB. They wouldn't share interest if they weren't willing to serve Mike what he wants. Or its a smoke screen. That simple.
Reply/Quote