Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Browns interested in McCarron per Mary Kay Cabot
No doubt a smokescreen, nothing to see here folks. McCarron isn't going anywhere
Reply/Quote
Have to think Hue would be more interested in a QB that he knows can run his system than any of the 3 guys predicted to go in round 1. Doesn't seem to be much hype around any of the 3, which is odd I really think Watson will make a good Pro. The other 2, look like projects.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
If he isn't traded a few days before the draft or on the day of the draft, it won't happen. I don't see it happening anyways. We might want too much, or don't want to pay for two first round picks.

Unfortunately, only time will tell.

[Image: tumblr_nmz43uky8c1rtim7ko1_500.gif]

Feel free to support my Film/TV Review YouTube Channel  - Youtube.Com/NaterTot
Reply/Quote
(04-08-2017, 12:54 AM)Pat5775 Wrote: No doubt a smokescreen, nothing to see here folks. McCarron isn't going anywhere

I still think a draft day trade is possible, if the price is right.
Reply/Quote
I still think they want a solid backup if anything happens to Andy so the asking price has to remain the sun, moon and stars. Is there anyone confident Driskel is able to come in and keep them competitive  ? Oddly enough they have quite a bit invested in McC.
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(04-07-2017, 03:27 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Would love to get the first pick of the 2nd round for AJM = Do it. Mellow

This would actually make a ton of sense for Cleveland, and I am not just saying that because it benefits us.

They have a low dollar investment if AJM (low salary for two more years).  He starts and plays great, they don't have to draft one of the really high ranked QBs from USC and UCLA, who might be the highest rated QB prospects since Andrew Luck.  If he falters, no harm financially, and they will still be in line for one of those QBs.

I would have no doubt that AJM would beat Osweiler.  
Reply/Quote
(04-08-2017, 09:21 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: This would actually make a ton of sense for Cleveland, and I am not just saying that because it benefits us.

They have a low dollar investment if AJM (low salary for two more years).  He starts and plays great, they don't have to draft one of the really high ranked QBs from USC and UCLA, who might be the highest rated QB prospects since Andrew Luck.  If he falters, no harm financially, and they will still be in line for one of those QBs.

I would have no doubt that AJM would beat Osweiler.  

Not enough. It does not benefit us enough. We have a great backup QB who we know can win games if AD goes down for less than $750K a year for next 2 years. He has proven he can win games in the NFL and has upside for another NFL team with options of grabbing a 1st round draft choice who is unproven and that team has to pay them 5 times more than AJM to see if they pan out.

I think our fans are severely under valuing AJM due to him being a mid round pick. The Bengals made a great draft pick and no different than players like Geno Atkins, Wilson or others, he simply has outperformed his draft position. Jimmy G. same thing for the Pats.

I stick #1 pick or we keep him (and trade him next year) to back up our QB at least 1 more year. A veteran  back up QB would cost us more and may give us no confidence in their ability to win if AD went down.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(04-08-2017, 12:17 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Not enough. It does not benefit us enough. We have a great backup QB who we know can win games if AD goes down for less than $750 a year for next 2 years. He has proven he can win games in the NFL and has upside for another NFL team with options of grabbing a 1st round draft choice who is unproven and that team has to pay them 5 times more than AJM to see if they pan out.

I think our fans are severely under valuing AJM due to him being a mid round pick. The Bengals made a great draft pick and no different than players like Geno Atkins, Wilson or others, he simply has outperformed his draft position. Jimmy G. same thing for the Pats.

I stick #1 pick or we keep him (and trade him next year) to back up our QB at least 1 more year. A veteran  back up QB would cost us more and may give us no confidence in their ability to win if AD went down.

We could draft a starter with a first or second rd pick. Why wouldn't that be valuable?
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(04-08-2017, 12:17 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Not enough. It does not benefit us enough. We have a great backup QB who we know can win games if AD goes down for less than $750 a year for next 2 years. He has proven he can win games in the NFL and has upside for another NFL team with options of grabbing a 1st round draft choice who is unproven and that team has to pay them 5 times more than AJM to see if they pan out.

This is like having a great backup first baseman and a terrible starting outfield in baseball. The value is meaningless unless you get a return on it, and the player you're acquiring is going to play and affect more games.

McCarron could also come in and crap all over himself and kill his value. This is the highest it will be, so cash in and take advantage. There are holes in the roster that would benefit.

Yeah, some people underrate McCarron, but good Lord do some of you overrate him. 
Reply/Quote
(04-08-2017, 12:54 AM)Pat5775 Wrote: No doubt a smokescreen, nothing to see here folks. McCarron isn't going anywhere

What would be the purpose of the smokescreen?
Reply/Quote
(04-08-2017, 01:19 PM)PikesPeakUC Wrote: This is like having a great backup first baseman and a terrible starting outfield in baseball. The value is meaningless unless you get a return on it, and the player you're acquiring is going to play and affect more games.

McCarron could also come in and crap all over himself and kill his value. This is the highest it will be, so cash in and take advantage. There are holes in the roster that would benefit.

Yeah, some people underrate McCarron, but good Lord do some of you overrate him. 

Goodness gracious yes. The hype is out of control.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

Not enough? We could get an instant impact player that could put us over the hump for a backup QB that
would just ride the bench and leave next year for nothing. Having two early 2nd round picks would be great
for this team.

McCarron holds onto the ball for too damn long, get something for him while he has value.

(04-08-2017, 01:14 PM)J24 Wrote: We could draft a starter with a first or second rd pick. Why wouldn't that be valuable?

Yeah, don't understand this line of thinking. We could get a player that positively impacts our team immediately.

(04-08-2017, 01:19 PM)PikesPeakUC Wrote: This is like having a great backup first baseman and a terrible starting outfield in baseball. The value is meaningless unless you get a return on it, and the player you're acquiring is going to play and affect more games.

Well said PikesPeak, well said. :andy:
Reply/Quote
(04-08-2017, 01:14 PM)J24 Wrote: We could draft a starter with a first or second rd pick. Why wouldn't that be valuable?

It is highly unlikely that we could draft a starter in the second round, and no one will give us a first.
Reply/Quote
(04-08-2017, 02:25 PM)fredtoast Wrote: It is highly unlikely that we could draft a starter in the second round, and no one will give us a first.

Most likely would start soon though and would make an immediate impact as a rookie rotating depending on the position.

More value than a backup QB IMHO.
Reply/Quote
(04-08-2017, 02:25 PM)fredtoast Wrote: It is highly unlikely that we could draft a starter in the second round, and no one will give us a first.

Wait. So, you're saying the Bengals aren't smart enough to find a starter in the second?

Andrew Whitworth, Jeremy Hill, Gio Bernard, Carlos Dunlap, Chad Johnson, to name a few, say otherwise.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(04-07-2017, 02:57 PM)ochocincos Wrote: http://www.cincyjungle.com/2017/4/7/15218890/browns-interested-in-aj-mccarron-per-report

I know this sounds like it probably came from months ago, but this was just reported yesterday and updated today.
What might be going on is that the Browns didn't get a chance to land Garoppolo and might not be too high on the crop of QBs that they are seeing in this draft class (no surprise). Therefore, there could be more buzz happening with this than initially thought.

All of this might just be a smokescreen too or just speculation on Cabot's part, but I'm interested in seeing what (if anything) happens over the next three weeks leading up to the draft.
I got creamed when I suggested this trade month ago.  

If the Cincinnati Bengals can get the first pick in the second round they can get a very good player.  I could care less that he would be in the same division.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(04-08-2017, 02:57 PM)McC Wrote: Wait.  So, you're saying the Bengals aren't smart enough to find a starter in the second?

Andrew Whitworth, Jeremy Hill, Gio Bernard, Carlos Dunlap, Chad Johnson, to name a few, say otherwise.

Andy Dalton
Reply/Quote
(04-08-2017, 03:08 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Andy Dalton

Duh.  How did I forget him?
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
chad Johnson

Corey Dillon

was collingworth a second rounder?
Reply/Quote
(04-07-2017, 09:30 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Why would MB trade AJM for a 2nd round pick to a division rival? MB would just tell them to go away.

Maybe I'm crazy, but I wouldn't mind if the Browns were a bit better.  As it is now they are pretty much 4 free wins for our division rivals.  It would be pretty nice to have some hope that they could help us out against the Steelers/Ravens rather than just knowing they're going to lie down for them.
Reply/Quote