Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Browns just got Amari Cooper...
(03-12-2022, 05:04 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: I wouldn’t give up 31, the guy has serious red flags. From play perspective only, sure he’s worth that. I don’t think he’s worth that price for the risk that comes with him though. That said, I’m not sure it makes sense for them cap wise to move him before the draft anyway trade or cut. Might end up giving a 2023 pick for him after June 1.

He doesnt have serious red flags.  This has been very overblown, but surely the Bengals are using it as leverage.  I am actually more concerned about things that are not really public than what is generally known.

The reason they will deal him before June 1, like they are all the players they are dumping, is that they want to pay the bill now.  Any cuts/trades after June 1 moves dead money to 2023. Jerry wants a clean slate and over 75M in cap availability.

Reply/Quote
Ain’t this guy old by receiver standards?
Reply/Quote
Who cares? Let this thread die we ain't worried about Cleveland overpaying a WR for Baker to overthrow.

Cigar
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2022, 07:16 PM)casear2727 Wrote: He doesnt have serious red flags.  This has been very overblown, but surely the Bengals are using it as leverage.  I am actually more concerned about things that are not really public than what is generally known.

The reason they will deal him before June 1, like they are all the players they are dumping, is that they want to pay the bill now.  Any cuts/trades after June 1 moves dead money to 2023. Jerry wants a clean slate and over 75M in cap availability.

Trade pre June 1:

Dead cap $13.95 mil in 2022, $8.7 mil 2023 and $3.45 mil 2024

Trade post June 1:

Dead cap $5.25, $5.25 and $3.45

He does have serious red flags. Had them in college, got suspended last year as well. Word is they plan to cut him if they can’t trade him. I’m not giving up a first round pick for that guy and bengals likely wouldn’t have to. I’m all for bringing him in but gotta be low risk, 5th round or later pick.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2022, 07:50 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: Trade pre June 1:

Dead cap $13.95 mil in 2022, $8.7 mil 2023 and $3.45 mil 2024

Trade post June 1:

Dead cap $5.25, $5.25 and $3.45

He does have serious red flags. Had them in college, got suspended last year as well. Word is they plan to cut him if they can’t trade him. I’m not giving up a first round pick for that guy and bengals likely wouldn’t have to. I’m all for bringing him in but gotta be low risk, 5th round or later pick.

I disagree on seriousness of the red flags.

He was a team Captain at LSU, never in trouble.

He was the #1 rated tackle in college.

His GF was murdered right before the draft.  Teams were obviously cautious, he went from potential #1 pick to a 2nd round or worse.  His agent claimed he would not sign with a team that drafted him later than the 1st round. bfine found this abhorrent.  It was brilliant.  He wasnt drafted because of this and was able to choose his team after he was cleared from the GF thing and signed the largest rookie free agent deal ever. Has been a starter from day one.

He was suspended last year because the prior year he missed 7 drug tests for marijuana out of 187.  Dallas strength coach died on one of those tests days and he was at a family funeral on another.

He was given a suspension for those misses but fought it as the new CBA took weed off the banned list.  A tester claimed that Collins told him he would "hook him up" if he ever tested positive or covered for him if he missed a test.

There are some things not public Im not thrilled with and the Bengals probably dont like either, but this public stuff is nothing and blown out of proportion.  

Anyone worried about the risk really should be a little more specific, every player is a risk in some fashion, none more riskier than draft picks.

He is the best RT in the game and has a ridiculous team friendly contract which allows us to add another free agent.

Reply/Quote
Cleveland.com listed Jack Conklin and JC Tretter as potential cap casualties for the Browns with this trade. May want to be patient on the RT move, as cuts are coming and may not cost picks.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2022, 08:41 PM)jj22 Wrote: Cleveland.com listed Jack Conklin and JC Tretter as potential cap casualties for the Browns with this trade. May want to be patient on the RT move, as cuts are coming and may not cost picks.

Do they really want to sign Conklin though? He’s old and has been injured last year. He’s fine, an upgrade to Prince.

So Sign Conklin and Reiff if he wants to keep playing, have Reiff be RT/RG back up when Conklin gets injured again and hope Carman doesn’t let himself go in the off-season and weighs in at whale size and bury hisself in the depth chart, then hope D’Ante Smith has developed more, maybe resign Spain since Carman isn’t really thinking about football and just wants to be a massive beached whale forever?

Yeah I went on a silly tangent lol, but that has a realistic chance of happening.
Reply/Quote
It feels like Cooper has been with more teams than years he's been in the league already and i had really hoped he would've been a Bengal when he was drafted..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(03-12-2022, 07:01 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: The shoulder was on his non throwing arm. We just saw our QB make a Super Bowl run with a busted up finger on his actual throwing hand…

Anyway, it’s not just last year. Baker has never built off that promising rookie season. The next season he threw almost as many picks as TD, and he’s yet to throw for 30 TD’s in a single season or break a 100 rating. And with the OL and running game he’s had that falls largely on him. Not to mention the HoF pass rusher he has on his defense. They’ve put a lot of really good pieces around him up there.

You'd almost think the Stains would be standing in line to trade their entire D and Oline, guaranteed money for everyone of them paid by them just for a 1 year rental of Burrow..  Tongue
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
Lol who
"Whose kitty litter did I just s*** in?"

"He got Ajax from the dish soap!"
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2022, 08:11 PM)casear2727 Wrote: I disagree on seriousness of the red flags.

He was a team Captain at LSU, never in trouble.

He was the #1 rated tackle in college.

His GF was murdered right before the draft.  Teams were obviously cautious, he went from potential #1 pick to a 2nd round or worse.  His agent claimed he would not sign with a team that drafted him later than the 1st round. bfine found this abhorrent.  It was brilliant.  He wasnt drafted because of this and was able to choose his team after he was cleared from the GF thing and signed the largest rookie free agent deal ever. Has been a starter from day one.

He was suspended last year because the prior year he missed 7 drug tests for marijuana out of 187.  Dallas strength coach died on one of those tests days and he was at a family funeral on another.

He was given a suspension for those misses but fought it as the new CBA took weed off the banned list.  A tester claimed that Collins told him he would "hook him up" if he ever tested positive or covered for him if he missed a test.

There are some things not public Im not thrilled with and the Bengals probably dont like either, but this public stuff is nothing and blown out of proportion.  

Anyone worried about the risk really should be a little more specific, every player is a risk in some fashion, none more riskier than draft picks.

He is the best RT in the game and has a ridiculous team friendly contract which allows us to add another free agent.

I'm sold. I just hope if he ends up a Bengal, it's via trade and not FA.
"Whose kitty litter did I just s*** in?"

"He got Ajax from the dish soap!"
Reply/Quote
My friend who is a big Browns fan likes the deal. He mentioned the Browns were considering not signing Landry. Cooper fills in the void. And we still know Baker can't throw worth a darn.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
Amari's father will be posting videos next of how open his son is but Baker won't throw him the damn ball.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2022, 05:52 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: I don’t like baker but he was playing injured this year

He’s a media whipping boy

Baker Mayfield's best completion percentage across 4 years is 63.8%.
Baker's never thrown for 4000 yards or 30 TDs in a season.
Baker threw for 21 INTs his sophomore year.
Baker's career QB Rating average is 87.8.

Baker had OBJ, Landry, Hooper, Njoku, and Chubb/Hunt.
Baker Mayfield also has one of the best OLs in the NFL.
He hasn't been devoid of offensive talent or protection.

The reality is Baker is closer to Andy Dalton than Joe Burrow.
He can be solid, but he's probably not going to be one of the elites.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(03-12-2022, 07:26 PM)Gdale_Bengal Wrote: Ain’t this guy old by receiver standards?

Sure feels like he SHOULD be because it seems like he's been around for forever, but this is just his age 28 season in 2022.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote

:lol:

Reply/Quote
Not worried unless they get a new QB. Baker is the current AFC North equivalent of Andy Dalton. He needs great players all around. Except Andy was more successful consistently early, and didn’t have the undeserved cockiness Baker does.
Reply/Quote
If the Stains lose Jarvis Landry this will basically be a lateral move for the most part; although I do think Cooper is a slight upgrade.

If they keep Landry, this is not good.
Reply/Quote
I read the Browns have already given Landry permission to seek a trade. It does seem like they are going to let him go either via trade or cut due his $16.4 million cap hit. Apparently Cooper is slated to cost $20 million against the Browns’ salary cap. So I don't see them keeping Landry and paying 36 million for the two receivers.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
http://thebengalsboard.com/Thread-Amari-Cooper-to-the-Browns

Already made a thread on this but ok.
[Image: hFcJI4.png]
Reply/Quote