Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Browns may not lay down like before
The Bengals of late could always count on the Browns to lay down and assure them of two wins a year. Without those win in 2016 we would have been4-11-1 , in 2017 6-10. The Browns have singlehandedly kept Marvin as our coach and cheated us from getting higher draft choices. If only somehow they can defeat the Bengals in their two games we may not get another win and not only get a high draft pick but finally rid us of Marvin. But alas they probably won't do it because as bad as he is even he can't screw up beating the lowly Browns. CAN HE?????????
Reply/Quote
The Browns are competitive now. A lot of close losses.

They have a good, young TE and a good, young RB. Our defense is going to have to be on point to win.
Reply/Quote
The Browns are better then the current Bengals (blame injuries if you want). The two franchises are headed in opposite directions.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
100% agree.

(11-19-2018, 11:06 AM)jj22 Wrote: The Browns are better then the current Bengals (blame injuries if you want). The two franchises are headed in opposite directions.
Reply/Quote
Duh
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
Hue Jackson could hand the Bengals defense the Browns playbook and we probably still couldn’t stop them. Mayfield can make some plays and I can’t wait to see this defense attempt to tackle Nick Chubb. Duke Johnson and Njoku will have a field day with are linebackers. The Browns defense is pretty scrappy as well with Myles Garret at DE and Denzel Ward is having a very good year at CB.
Reply/Quote
The new Browns motto: If Lamar can do it, so can Mayfield.
Reply/Quote
Not even two losses to Cleveland — which may happen — will be enough for the Front Office to make the changes they’ve needed to make since 2007.
Reply/Quote
(11-19-2018, 11:59 AM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Not even two losses to Cleveland — which may happen — will be enough for the Front Office to make the changes they’ve needed to make since 2007.

That is because the front office (ie the corner office) wont change the front office.

Changing players and/or coaches on this team won't matter much. The team is not built from top down to win in this league. it is built to make money in this league. 
Fredtoast + Ignore = Forum bliss

Reply/Quote
(11-19-2018, 11:59 AM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Not even two losses to Cleveland — which may happen — will be enough for the Front Office to make the changes they’ve needed to make since 2007.

Assuming this is talking about Marvin. I think I was fine with Marvin until the 2010 season (I gave him a pass for having Ryan Fitzpatrick at QB in 2008). That's when I think they needed to make the change.

They didn't though, and the 2011 season was a surprise success and the 2012 season was a letdown and a case could have been easily made after it... but 2013, losing to a far inferior Chargers team, was unacceptable and that is when I again thought he should have been gone. Nothing I have seen since has made me change my mind.

It was also perfect timing as it would have allowed Zimmer to be hired as HC rather than let him go to Minnesota. In his first four years in Minnesota they are 39-25 with 2 division championships and a playoff win (with Case freaking Keenum at QB) and a shanked 27-yard gimme FG away from at least one more.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(11-19-2018, 12:22 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Assuming this is talking about Marvin. I think I was fine with Marvin until the 2010 season (I gave him a pass for having Ryan Fitzpatrick at QB in 2008). That's when I think they needed to make the change.

They didn't though, and the 2011 season was a surprise success and the 2012 season was a letdown and a case could have been easily made after it... but 2013, losing to a far inferior Chargers team, was unacceptable and that is when I again thought he should have been gone. Nothing I have seen since has made me change my mind.

It was also perfect timing as it would have allowed Zimmer to be hired as HC rather than let him go to Minnesota. In his first four years in Minnesota they are 39-25 with 2 division championships and a playoff win (with Case freaking Keenum at QB) and a shanked 27-yard gimme FG away from at least one more.

I think we can say the shank is evened out by the TD that gave him the playoff win.  
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote

This team getting swept by Cleveland would in no way shock me. I've said all along we'll split at best.

And I agree we'll stick to the same shit that hasn't worked for 16 years, what's another year ?  Sick
Reply/Quote
Don’t forget a rookie QB they almost always kill us
Reply/Quote
(11-19-2018, 11:45 AM)Bengalitis Wrote: The new Browns motto:  If Lamar can do it, so can Mayfield.

and our DEs will continue to crash down inside exposing how bad our DBs are at tackling...
Reply/Quote
The Browns beat the brakes off us at home in 2014, and got ys the year before too... I'm not sure they ever lay down for the Bengals...
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote