Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Browns o line or Bengals D line
Mayfield could have played in a tuxedo last week

Is this because the Browns o line is so fabulous or because the Bengals d line is pathetic

Burrow made some mistakes but if he had the same protection as Baker, Joe would have carved up the Browns.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Bill Callahan > Pollack > Turner.

And we all knew it when he was hired and we saw the connection. Yet even with their past and his son on the coaching staff ZT refused to try to get him (that we know of). Could have had him after year 1 when we sensed the issue with Turner and he was released from Washington.

He's turned their line into a powerhouse likely to dominate for years to come. That could have been us.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(11-10-2021, 05:48 PM)jj22 Wrote: Bill Callahan > Pollack > Turner.

And we all knew it when he was hired and we saw the connection. Yet even with their past and his son on the coaching staff ZT refused to try to get him (that we know of). Could have had him after year 1 when we sensed the issue with Turner and he was released from Washington.

He's turned their line into a powerhouse likely to dominate for years to come. That could have been us.

Yeah they just locked up both they're guards. They were quick to use up that OBJ money.
Reply/Quote
(11-10-2021, 05:44 PM)bengals67 Wrote: Mayfield could have played in a tuxedo last week

Is this because the Browns o line is so fabulous or because the Bengals d line is pathetic

Burrow made some mistakes but if he had the same protection as Baker, Joe would have carved up the Browns.

I may be wrong as don't really zero in on the trenches. But it does seem like the Bengals don't do some of the things other teams do to free up Dlineman very much and we know they don't blitz much. They just seem to have they're guys just go and try and beat the other guy. I would like to see us send just an extra rusher a little more. Doesn't need to be an all out blitz.
Reply/Quote
I'm wondering what's up with the defense the last couple of weeks. Lou looked like an absolute star with his plan against Baltimore, but the defense has not looked good since. It was like he planned for that one game and that was all he'd prepped for. Missed tackles, lack of pressure, giving up the middle. I haven't had a chance to look closely to see if this is a line issue or a breakdown somewhere else. But it's an interesting question, especially looking at the effort on the line every play until the whistle just a few weeks ago.
Reply/Quote
Okay wow. I just saw something that I think might deserve it's own thread. Ben Baby posts the GIF's of the player dots as certain plays unfold. I had noticed on the Peoples-jones TD that Bates was covering Njoku underneath while Awuzie was just hanging out completely all alone leaving Apple one on one with ppls-jones and no help it resulted in a TD.

Well with this thread and wondering whats up with the defense players or playcalling. It go me thinking that I didn't like Bates being down low and I think he's best deep as our safety net. I knew he posted a GIF of the Chubb long TD as well so I went back to see if Bates was down in the box on that play as well. Well not only was he literally all the way up to the line of scrimmage. But our deep man on the play our safety net........None other than Eli Apple. Yes the can't tackle machine himself.

Please tell me everybody finds that to be the most ridiculous play set up ever and makes you angry that we made it that easy for Chubb to score.

So when you add stuff like this and the fact that against the Jets we let Mike White go over 400 yds passing at an avg. 3.7yds per pass with no adjustment. The answer to atleast our defensive problems the last 2 weeks is none other than old sweet Lou.

I don't know how to post the GIFs but if someone can they our on Ben Baby's twitter.
Reply/Quote
https://twitter.com/i/status/1457437840506331145

Well maybe I figured it out. The Browns did get a hat on a hat but we also had Vonn Bell down on the line as well.
Reply/Quote
(11-10-2021, 10:01 PM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: Okay wow. I just saw something that I think might deserve it's own thread. Ben Baby posts the GIF's of the player dots as certain plays unfold. I had noticed on the Peoples-jones TD that Bates was covering Njoku underneath while Awuzie was just hanging out completely all alone leaving Apple one on one with ppls-jones and no help it resulted in a TD.

Well with this thread and wondering whats up with the defense players or playcalling. It go me thinking that I didn't like Bates being down low and I think he's best deep as our safety net. I knew he posted a GIF of the Chubb long TD as well so I went back to see if Bates was down in the box on that play as well. Well not only was he literally all the way up to the line of scrimmage. But our deep man on the play our safety net........None other than Eli Apple. Yes the can't tackle machine himself.

Please tell me everybody finds that to be the most ridiculous play set up ever and makes you angry that we made it that easy for Chubb to score.

So when you add stuff like this and the fact that against the Jets we let Mike White go over 400 yds passing at an avg. 3.7yds per pass with no adjustment. The answer to atleast our defensive problems the last 2 weeks is none other than old sweet Lou.

I don't know how to post the GIFs but if someone can they our on Ben Baby's twitter.

Maybe I'm missing something, but watching Baby's dot presentation he is stating Bates can't miss that tackle. Bates is blocked from the play by Wyatt Teller (77) The dots look to me like the people with the best opportunity to make the tackles were Larry O and Apple.
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2021, 09:40 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Maybe I'm missing something, but watching Baby's dot presentation he is stating Bates can't miss that tackle. Bates is blocked from the play by Wyatt Teller (77) The dots look to me like the people with the best opportunity to make the tackles were Larry O and Apple.

Yeah the point I was trying to make is I think Bates is best back as our safety net. Even Vonn Bell should be back in my opinion. When they are up that close you give those big guys an advantage to get up on them. Also Apple back is our safety net is ridiculous of all his bad plays and or weaknesses it seems to be tackling and he did what anyone who has watched him this season would expect and that's not be able to tackle in the open field.

Basically the Browns executed a good play but we are not putting out players in a position to succeed.
Reply/Quote
https://twitter.com/i/status/1457422050256113668

This is also the deep pass to Peoples-jones. Again the play just looks wonky to me and I think we're starting to see Lou's bad coaching starting to come thru.
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2021, 09:40 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Maybe I'm missing something, but watching Baby's dot presentation he is stating Bates can't miss that tackle. Bates is blocked from the play by Wyatt Teller (77) The dots look to me like the people with the best opportunity to make the tackles were Larry O and Apple.

No you're right on your assessment. What I can't figure out is why are we playing the best free safety in the game in the box and having a CB that is struggling with tackling at free safety? 
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2021, 12:25 PM)J24 Wrote: No you're right on your assessment. What I can't figure out is why are we playing the best free safety in the game in the box and having a CB that is struggling with tackling at free safety? 

This is the question I was asking. I mean linebackers have a hard time shedding blocks of lineman I don't want to ask Bates to do that. It just seemed like a very sketchy play design and then we know what the result.
Reply/Quote
(11-10-2021, 05:48 PM)jj22 Wrote: Bill Callahan > Pollack > Turner.

Don't think it could have been. The Browns invested in the OL and invested wisely. Good coaching generally can only get you so far without some talent to mold. 3 of their top 5 salary cap hits this year are OL... T, C, G and all are still signed past this season.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2021, 12:25 PM)J24 Wrote: No you're right on your assessment. What I can't figure out is why are we playing the best free safety in the game in the box and having a CB that is struggling with tackling at free safety? 

Baby needs to change that from Bates can't miss that tackle to Ogunjobi and Apple can't miss those tackles. Bates is never going to win against a Teller block, so I wonder why he's hating on Jessie
Reply/Quote