Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Browns or Steelers
Now that we have a reason to keep track of the playoff race (and this may be the wrong forum). We are back experiencing the confliction of being invested in something I haven't had to think about in the last 6 years. Who to root for in inner divisional games.

Who are you hoping win this game with playoff implications in the matchup between our rivals?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2021, 09:41 AM)jj22 Wrote: Now that we have a reason to keep track of the playoff race (and this may be the wrong forum). We are back experiencing the confliction of being invested in something I haven't had to think about in the last 6 years. Who to root for in inner divisional games.

Who are you hoping win this game with playoff implications in the matchup between our rivals?

Unless a Stoolers win directly helps us, I would always take the Browns.
Reply/Quote
Steelers win is probably better for the Bengals. It equalizes both near .500 instead of letting Cleveland reclaim any confidence at 5-3.
Reply/Quote
Not even sure I can root for the Steelers.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
Long term outlook is in our favor if the Steelers win. Like it or not the Browns are a good team with a lot of talent and are still a threat to take the division despite a recent rough patch that includes a lot of key injuries.

The Steelers are not a good team.

I will never cheer for a Steelers win. Im just saying it's better for us this week if they do.

If both the Bengals and Browns win this week then the Browns beat them the week after both teams sit at 3 losses and they have a win against us.

This is a no brainer.
Reply/Quote
Go tie!
Reply/Quote
Never Steelers, well unless they're a 3-14 team and the Browns are in playoff contention. The main thing is that this Bengals team needs to just keep winning and beating rivals and the rest of the divison stuff doesn't matter.

We won in Pittsburgh we won in Baltimore. So far little else matters when it comes to winning the division.
Reply/Quote
I’m with the others who said a Pitt win is better for us. Puts both close to .500 and further from us than if the Browns win. Plus the Steelers really aren’t concerning with that offense. So as painful as it is, I hope the Steelers win before losing a bunch more. If they lose I certainly won’t lose any sleep over it though Rock On
Reply/Quote
Steelers win. A Browns loss means they have a chance
To lose any AFC the breakers.
The Browns have already loss to the Chargers Chiefs.
Steelers loss means 1 and 3 in the AFC for the Browns
Reply/Quote
Every season we play well for playoff contention, at least 2 others in the division do so thing... never easy.
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2021, 10:03 AM)motoarch Wrote: Long term outlook is in our favor if the Steelers win.  Like it or not the Browns are a good team with a lot of talent and are still a threat to take the division despite a recent rough patch that includes a lot of key injuries.

The Steelers are not a good team.

I will never cheer for a Steelers win.  Im just saying it's better for us this week if they do.

If both the Bengals and Browns win this week then the Browns beat them the week after both teams sit at 3 losses and they have a win against us.

This is a no brainer.

Agree here
Reply/Quote
They both lose and are disbanded from the NFL.
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2021, 09:51 AM)Stewy Wrote: Unless a Stoolers win directly helps us, I would always take the Browns.

EXACTLY!  I would root for the Russians against the Steelers.

My 2nd favorite game last year was when the Browns beat the Steelers in the playoffs.

The first being the game the Bengals beat the Steelers!
Reply/Quote
If this team is as good as they think they are, they should be able to handle the Browns. Make a statement and take care of your own business.

I'd rather root for the other Ohio team than the bumblebee *****.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
Though I loathe wishing a Stealer victory, I gotta take the long picture on this. Beating the Brown's is better near term. Stealers won't be a factor in any playoff slot so I want next years draft pick to be as high as possible....they are going to need a QB.
Reply/Quote
Let me make it clear that I don't want to see anyone injured. Not even Rapistburger. So....

What I would like to see is the Stains and Stoolers just beat the ever loving crapsnot out of each other. Make it a full overtime, scoreless tie, which hurts them both in the standings. As a secondary benefit that would also help my fantasy teams, since I win without Clowns, Squealers or Ratbirds. Punk-ass Mayfield throws 4 picks and his insurance commercials are cancelled. Old Man Piggy gets so beat up that he gives the college girls a rest.

Bonus: When Rat Turds play Shittsburgh, Jackson runs over Harbaugh trying to escape JJ Watt and his puke-colored khakis get all grass stained and ripped up.
Reply/Quote
I would be worried about this if these were the "same ol' Bengals", but they're not.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
I can NEVER pull for Shitsburgh, so tie it is!

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(10-27-2021, 09:53 AM)JaggedJimmyJay Wrote: Steelers win is probably better for the Bengals. It equalizes both near .500 instead of letting Cleveland reclaim any confidence at 5-3.

I grew up in the beginning of our Franchise so yes I dislike the Browns and Steelers about the same and I agree with you, put Browns at 4-4 and we can really put a hurt on them next weekend and put them at 4-5 and if we take care of busy with Jets we would have a 3 game lead on them :).. Steelers do have a easy schedule coming up with Bears and Lions at home so they should be looking at 6-5 when we face them..
Reply/Quote
I'm related to, am friends with, and know a lot of Browns fans, and I want to see them all eat shit the next two weeks ThumbsUp
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote