Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Browns release Desmond Harrison
Undrafted FA who started 8 games at Tackle for them last year. He was supposed to be their top sub, but he missed some meetings and they cut him. He'd be an extremely affordable backup tackle if we can claim him. Seeing how we're so thin there, seems like a no-brainer.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Why did he miss the meetings? Assuming it was not credible if that’s the real reason he was cut. Why would a player risk so much?

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-05-2019, 08:05 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Why did he miss the meetings? Assuming it was not credible if that’s the real reason he was cut. Why would a player risk so much?

He was an UDFA because he was a *******. Apparently still a *******. 

Having said that. He has the kind of physical ability that gets 2nd and 3rd chances. With our tackle depth I sure as heck would like to see us put in a claim. But he is nowhere near the type of character ZT is looking for so I am not going to get my hopes up.
Reply/Quote
(06-05-2019, 04:37 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Undrafted FA who started 8 games at Tackle for them last year. He was supposed to be their top sub, but he missed some meetings and they cut him. He'd be an extremely affordable backup tackle if we can claim him. Seeing how we're so thin there, seems like a no-brainer.

FWIW, Harrison was not good last year. 57.1 PFF rating (#67 OT).
From what I remember of him coming into the draft last year, he was rather raw and played for a small school, so he's a big boom or bust guy.
Adding him would be ok as a developmental backup but he's going to still need plenty of grooming.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Don't know anything about him but hell with our depth I'd give just about anybody a look.
Reply/Quote
claimed on waivers by the cardinals
Reply/Quote
(06-06-2019, 03:15 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: claimed on waivers by the cardinals

They had 1st dibs. Word was that a lot of teams were going to put in claims due to the cheap UFA contract and starting experience.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(06-06-2019, 04:37 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: They had 1st dibs. Word was that a lot of teams were going to put in claims due to the cheap UFA contract and starting experience.

well apparently the word was wrong as only 2 teams put in a bid.
Reply/Quote
Maybe it's because Desmond stayed at home to do his pretty face. Ob la di, ob la da, life goes on brah! Molly was working in the market place.. It's so obvious now in retrospect.. And if you want some fun take Ob la di bla da..  Nothing like being an ob la di bla da addict.. Cool
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
wonder if the browns new anything about this

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/07/17/cardinals-cut-desmond-harrison-sign-jalen-thompson/

Desmond Harrison just had a warrant issued for his arrest.
Reply/Quote