Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Browns sign Kareem Hunt
(02-12-2019, 01:50 AM)McC Wrote: Not defending that incident whatsoever but he's been a model citizen since he's been here.

I agree Mixon so far has been a good pick up for the Bengals.
When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.

Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(02-12-2019, 10:16 AM)Wyche Wrote: I hear ya.....I was incredulous over the Mixon draft pick.....but he has been nothing but a great teammate and model citizen since he arrived in Cincy.  Hopefully Hunt gets his act together too.  

As fans we can only hope they change their ways, was a shame Josh Gordon could never get his head straight...but now he has a Super Bowl ring. Sad

Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(02-12-2019, 09:07 PM)Vambo Wrote: As fans we can only hope they change their ways, was a shame Josh Gordon could never get his head straight...but now he has a Super Bowl ring. Sad

Familiar story. If ya want a Super Bowl ring get the eff out of cleaveland.
Reply/Quote
(02-12-2019, 09:02 PM)Vambo Wrote: I agree Mixon so far has been a good pick up for the Bengals.

I doubt if Hunt will be in any more trouble.  Big question is how long the suspension will be.  Talking head on ESPN saying it could be as long as 12 games.

Seems like the Browns were already set at RB with Duke and Chubb.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(02-12-2019, 09:07 PM)Vambo Wrote: As fans we can only hope they change their ways, was a shame Josh Gordon could never get his head straight...but now he has a Super Bowl ring. Sad

LMAO....we have quite a few of those around here....and they are mostly Patriots or ex-Patriots. LOL 

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-13-2019, 12:57 PM)Wyche Wrote: LMAO....we have quite a few of those around here....and they are mostly Patriots or ex-Patriots. LOL 

And Patriots who aren't good enough to start like Jeremy Hill.
Reply/Quote

That guy might be the greatest waste of talent ever.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

Reply/Quote
(02-13-2019, 02:27 PM)Cartman Wrote: And Patriots who aren't good enough to start like Jeremy Hill.

True dat. :andy:

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
Kareem Hunt contract details revealed: Browns might not even have to pay him $1 million in 2019

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/kareem-hunt-contract-details-revealed-browns-might-not-even-have-to-pay-him-1-million-in-2019/

The Browns' decision to sign Kareem Hunt this week might be a PR risk, but the team definitely didn't risk anything financially when they signed the former Chiefs running back on Monday.

Not only did the Browns get Hunt to sign a one-year deal that includes zero dollars in guaranteed money, but the contract also includes a roster bonus for every game during the regular season that he's active, which means, if Hunt gets suspended, he won't be seeing much money in 2019.

According to ESPN.com, the contract is worth a total of $1.1 million; however, it's not going to be easy for Hunt to collect all of that. The biggest part of Hunt's contract is his base salary, which will pay him a total of $645,000 in 2019. The running back will also get paid a $25,000 bonus for every game that he's on the Browns' active roster. Hunt can also collect another $55,000 if he meets the criteria for his offseason workout bonus.

Of course, the only way that Hunt can earn all that money is if he's active all 16 games in 2019, which isn't a given. The former Chiefs running back has been under investigation by the NFL since December after a video was released that showed him shoving and kicking a woman during an altercation that took place at Cleveland hotel in February 2018. The NFL placed him on the commissioner's exempt list shortly after the video surfaced, and that's where he's been ever since.

If the league decides to suspended Hunt for just four games in 2019, that means he would lose out on a total of $62,941 per week ($37,941 in base salary and $25,000 for his active roster bonus) for a total loss of $251,764. If that were to happen, Hunt's contract in 2019 would be worth just $848,236. If the suspension were to go on for six games, Hunt would lose out on nearly $380,000.

Although Hunt won't be making much with the Browns, the money he'll be making in Cleveland will actually be a raise over what he would have made with the Chiefs. As a third-round pick in the 2017 NFL Draft, Hunt would have only made a maximum of $678,750 if the Chiefs had decided to keep him for the 2019 season.

The Browns might not be taking a financial risk with Hunt, but there is some risk associated with signing him and general manager John Dorsey definitely realizes that. Dorsey, who drafted Hunt back in 2017 while both men were in Kansas City, told Cleveland.com that he signed the running back as a way to give him a second chance.

"I think we're all appalled by it," Dorsey said of Hunt's actions. "But after doing extensive research, analyzing the situation, we came to the conclusion that I'm willing to help a man from a second chance moving forward to be a better person. My faith tells me that."

Dorsey also noted that the team did its due diligence on Hunt before giving him the one-year deal.

"We've done our extensive research," Dorsey said. "He's extremely remorseful for that. I've always believed that if a person wants to better themselves and be a better person, I'm willing to give them a chance. I truly believe he'll be a better man today than he was yesterday."

The upside for the Browns is that if Hunt has a breakout season, he'll be a restricted free agent in 2020, which will make it easier for Cleveland to keep him. On the other hand, if Hunt struggles on the field or struggles to stay out of trouble, the Browns can dump him without taking a financial hit thanks to the way his deal is structured.

Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(02-13-2019, 11:41 PM)Vambo Wrote: Kareem Hunt contract details revealed: Browns might not even have to pay him $1 million in 2019

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/kareem-hunt-contract-details-revealed-browns-might-not-even-have-to-pay-him-1-million-in-2019/

The Browns' decision to sign Kareem Hunt this week might be a PR risk, but the team definitely didn't risk anything financially when they signed the former Chiefs running back on Monday.

Not only did the Browns get Hunt to sign a one-year deal that includes zero dollars in guaranteed money, but the contract also includes a roster bonus for every game during the regular season that he's active, which means, if Hunt gets suspended, he won't be seeing much money in 2019.

According to ESPN.com, the contract is worth a total of $1.1 million; however, it's not going to be easy for Hunt to collect all of that. The biggest part of Hunt's contract is his base salary, which will pay him a total of $645,000 in 2019. The running back will also get paid a $25,000 bonus for every game that he's on the Browns' active roster. Hunt can also collect another $55,000 if he meets the criteria for his offseason workout bonus.

Of course, the only way that Hunt can earn all that money is if he's active all 16 games in 2019, which isn't a given. The former Chiefs running back has been under investigation by the NFL since December after a video was released that showed him shoving and kicking a woman during an altercation that took place at Cleveland hotel in February 2018. The NFL placed him on the commissioner's exempt list shortly after the video surfaced, and that's where he's been ever since.

If the league decides to suspended Hunt for just four games in 2019, that means he would lose out on a total of $62,941 per week ($37,941 in base salary and $25,000 for his active roster bonus) for a total loss of $251,764. If that were to happen, Hunt's contract in 2019 would be worth just $848,236. If the suspension were to go on for six games, Hunt would lose out on nearly $380,000.

Although Hunt won't be making much with the Browns, the money he'll be making in Cleveland will actually be a raise over what he would have made with the Chiefs. As a third-round pick in the 2017 NFL Draft, Hunt would have only made a maximum of $678,750 if the Chiefs had decided to keep him for the 2019 season.

The Browns might not be taking a financial risk with Hunt, but there is some risk associated with signing him and general manager John Dorsey definitely realizes that. Dorsey, who drafted Hunt back in 2017 while both men were in Kansas City, told Cleveland.com that he signed the running back as a way to give him a second chance.

"I think we're all appalled by it," Dorsey said of Hunt's actions. "But after doing extensive research, analyzing the situation, we came to the conclusion that I'm willing to help a man from a second chance moving forward to be a better person. My faith tells me that."

Dorsey also noted that the team did its due diligence on Hunt before giving him the one-year deal.

"We've done our extensive research," Dorsey said. "He's extremely remorseful for that. I've always believed that if a person wants to better themselves and be a better person, I'm willing to give them a chance. I truly believe he'll be a better man today than he was yesterday."

The upside for the Browns is that if Hunt has a breakout season, he'll be a restricted free agent in 2020, which will make it easier for Cleveland to keep him. On the other hand, if Hunt struggles on the field or struggles to stay out of trouble, the Browns can dump him without taking a financial hit thanks to the way his deal is structured.

Thanks for no longer keeping us in suspense over Hareem Kunt's deal.

Couldn't effing care less dude.
Reply/Quote
Must be an insurance policy deal. They got rid of Hyde to feature Chubb, who played great. Johnson is a decent change of pace guy. I'm guessing they will endure his suspension as an insurance policy against Chubb getting hurt.
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2019, 09:30 PM)Cartman Wrote: Thanks for no longer keeping us in suspense over Hareem Kunt's deal.

Couldn't effing care less dude.

[Image: 060c09f268ab73e57874_1.jpg]

Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(02-13-2019, 11:41 PM)Vambo Wrote: Kareem Hunt contract details revealed: Browns might not even have to pay him $1 million in 2019

Or, maybe just maybe Dorsey is not Mother Theresa, Gandhi, the Pope and Jesus all rolled into one and it's because the guy is a bad assed player and he wants his skills.   Just an alternate theory.

Reply/Quote
(02-15-2019, 09:02 PM)Vambo Wrote: [Image: 060c09f268ab73e57874_1.jpg]

As much as I consider you and your kind(Browns fans) my sworn enemy, that is some funny shit.

Reply/Quote
The Browns are the new king of the North Division.
Reply/Quote
(02-19-2019, 07:35 AM)BakertheBeast Wrote: The Browns are the new king of the North Division.

You're saying that because they had a winning record last year and beat all those teams with winning records and won the division, right?

Reply/Quote
(02-20-2019, 02:05 PM)McC Wrote: You're saying that because they had a winning record last year and beat all those teams with winning records and won the division, right?

No. I'm saying this for three reasons.

1) The steelers window has closed and that team is in disarray.

2) Andy Dalton is a back QB at best and doesn't have what it takes to lead a team to a championship.

3) Lamar Jackson will get killed the second time around with his running.

Even though we beat your brains out twice this past season, don't stop believing.
Reply/Quote
(02-22-2019, 08:00 AM)BakertheBeast Wrote: No. I'm saying this for three reasons.

1) The steelers window has closed and that team is in disarray.

2) Andy Dalton is a back QB at best and doesn't have what it takes to lead a team to a championship.

3) Lamar Jackson will get killed the second time around with his running.

Even though we beat your brains out twice this past season, don't stop believing.

Ah yes, the fool's gold of thinking the Steelers are going away.  Took Bengals fans awhile to get over that loser thinking too.

As to having what it takes to lead a team to  a championship, so far, your guy hasn't even led your team to the playoffs or even a winning season.  When he had the chance to have that winning record, he choked in clutch time.

Gee, I guess we won't get any of our players back or get to participate in free agency or the draft.

Get back to me when you have a winning record or stop throwing parties over third place and a losing record.  I realize mediocre is a brand new concept to you guys, so I'm gonna let you slide over your false arrogance. 

Maybe you take the next step, maybe you don't.  The future is not yet written.  We beat you seven straight times and never once acted like we won the SB.

I'll just leave you with this---we will see, won't we?

Reply/Quote
(02-15-2019, 09:02 PM)Vambo Wrote: [Image: 060c09f268ab73e57874_1.jpg]

Good one V.  ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
(02-19-2019, 07:35 AM)BakertheBeast Wrote: The Browns are the new king of the North Division.

Browns fans kill me... 3rd place equals Kings.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote