Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Browns to release Manziel
Browns are going to be releasing Johnny Manziel in March Big Grin

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000631373/article/browns-will-cut-johnny-manziel-on-march-9

Pretty much threw his career away ..
Former Contributor for StripeHype

CEO/Founder of CUE Sports Media

Reply/Quote
Not surprised they're releasing him. I say he'll get one more shot somewhere.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
Dallas gets their man
Reply/Quote
(02-02-2016, 06:58 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Dallas gets their man

And then they should be fined 10 million dollars when he screws up again, which he will, but they won't be fined because they're America's team.

If he played for us, we'd be fined 10 million dollars for even looking up his cell phone number.
Reply/Quote
Boy, he played the Brownies like fiddle.
[Image: Defensewcm.gif]
Reply/Quote
Well hue wasn't gonna play with a midget Qb.
Reply/Quote
Good for the Browns!  They should have done it last year.  People sometimes forget that part of being a professional football player, is being a professional.  I'd like to feel sorry for the kid, I really do.  I had bouts with alcohol abuse when I was young.  No one could tell me anything then, and I suppose the same is true for J. Manziel.  He'll get older, and realize what a horse's ass he was.  But, by then it will be too late..
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(02-02-2016, 09:52 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Well hue wasn't gonna play with a midget Qb.

Well he  does have a QB he drafted on the Browns
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Flopzel has never developed into a starter like McCarron did with the Bengals. Hue will get a decent QB by draft or trade.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
Good, extremely good.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(02-03-2016, 12:49 AM)guyofthetiger Wrote: Flopzel has never developed into a starter like McCarron did with the Bengals. Hue will get a decent QB by draft or trade.

Have the Browns tried to develop a QB yet?  Maybe Goff or Wentz sits behind McCown for the 3.4 seconds it takes the fanbase to get sick of him and/or for him to get hurt flying around like a maniac.
Reply/Quote
Manziel will never be more than a decent backup in the NFL, and that is he stays away from the alcohol.
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote
Manziel is probably done in the NFL.

He hasn't shown that much and now this disaster.

Why would an owner get involved ,even as a backup.

He'll grow up and regret it.
Reply/Quote
I honestly thought he had the potential to be a decent starter in the league someday. Not a top-tiered guy, but middle of the road kind of starter. And on a team with a good ground game and a solid defense, he could have done well in the league. BUT all this baggage he is creating and has created is nullifying any of that at this point.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
(02-07-2016, 04:47 PM)Millhouse Wrote: I honestly thought he had the potential to be a decent starter in the league someday. Not a top-tiered guy, but middle of the road kind of starter. And on a team with a good ground game and a solid defense, he could have done well in the league. BUT all this baggage he is creating and has created is nullifying any of that at this point.

Yeah, the guy isn't without talent. But, when your own Dad says in an interview that you won't live to see 24 if you don't get your shit together, then that's a pretty sad state of affairs. One that you would hope would jar this dummy into getting said shit together.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
Yeah, but he's completely stable. Safe and secure. What does his Dad know.
Reply/Quote
(02-06-2016, 02:44 PM)tigerseye Wrote: Manziel is probably done in the NFL.

He hasn't shown that much and now this disaster.

Why would an owner get involved ,even as a backup.

He'll grow up and regret it.

John Manziel won't grow up, he'll be Johnny for life. We'll check back in on him when he's 50 to see how his life went (if he's still alive, and if we are).
Reply/Quote
The guy's agent dropped him, which makes me think he expects Johnny to become the next Ray Rice when it comes to marketability.
Reply/Quote
I can see a guy just out of school after majoring in Astrology with a History minor and not being able to find a job except for on a pack line for a fastener company at minimum wage and a wife and three kids at home not knowing if they are going to have a roof over their heads next month going out and drowning his sorrows and being a bad and stupid drunk.

But a professional football player making millions upon millions of dollars playing a kids game and being loved by 100's of fans up in Cleveland going out, getting drunk and acting a fool...I will never understand. I understand having a problem and all, but come on dude!

By the way, did you like that 100's of fans slight I threw I threw in there slamming the Browns? Lol, I thought it was clever.
Song of Solomon 2:15
Take us the foxes, the little foxes, that spoil the vines: for our vines have tender grapes.
Reply/Quote
Manziel is nothing more that Uncle Rico from Napoleon Dynamite. 

Uncle Rico: How much you wanna make a bet I can throw a football over them mountains?... Yeah... Coach woulda put me in fourth quarter, we would've been state champions. No doubt. No doubt in my mind.
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote