Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Browns to release Manziel
(02-02-2016, 08:26 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: And then they should be fined 10 million dollars when he screws up again, which he will, but they won't be fined because they're America's team.

If he played for us, we'd be fined 10 million dollars for even looking up his cell phone number.

What exactly has JFB done to warrant such a heavy fine or any fine at all? Which rules, specifically has he broken?

I think it's insane to hold athletes/entertainers to higher standards than we would for Joe Schmoe. 

As long as Johnny doesn't become violent towards woman, and so far he hasn't been charged with such a crime, why would any of us care if what he does?
-That which we need most, will be found where we want to visit least.-
Reply/Quote
(02-08-2016, 05:11 PM)Devils Advocate Wrote: I think it's insane to hold athletes/entertainers to higher standards than we would for Joe Schmoe. 

You're right, I don't hold famous sons of white Texas millionaires to the same standard as I do Joe Schmoe.  It's not fair, but I accept the fact that they can get away with approximately 1000x more egregious things than a regular person.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Seems as if this latest incident has legs. 

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/14742073/johnny-manziel-strike-ruptured-ex-girlfriend-eardrum-lawyer-says

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Wasn't it week 13 or so when Mike Pettine pretty much earned the ire of everyone on earth by saying Manziel was a d-bag and he shouldn't be the starting QB? I feel like the Browns owe that guy an apology, or something.
Reply/Quote
(02-09-2016, 12:33 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Wasn't it week 13 or so when Mike Pettine pretty much earned the ire of everyone on earth by saying Manziel was a d-bag and he shouldn't be the starting QB?  I feel like the Browns owe that guy an apology, or something.

Yup, I agree.  People were calling him "dumb", "lousy", etc for benching Lil' Johnny Fartball.....turns out, Pettine was trying to send a viable message to the little prick that he is too dense to receive.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
No, IMO Mike Pettine is actually dumb. He and Johnny both needed to go. I have heard all of his press conferences. And this is coming from someone who watches all or Marvin's press conferences too. I live in CLE so I get to hear a little more about Pettine than anything else, he is no good, out of place in his profession.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(02-09-2016, 05:22 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: No, IMO Mike Pettine is actually dumb. He and Johnny both needed to go. I have heard all of his press conferences. And this is coming from someone who watches all or Marvin's press conferences too. I live in CLE so I get to hear a little more about Pettine than anything else, he is no good, out of place in his profession.

I'm not saying Pettine was good or better than Hue, but he got a lot of heat for pretty much doing the same thing the Browns and fans are saying is the most OBVIOUS thing now.
Reply/Quote
Now they're saying that Manziel didn't really have a concussion. It was a cover because he was showing up to practice drunk. If this is true, I can see the Browns getting another harsh penalty.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(02-09-2016, 05:48 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: Now they're saying that Manziel didn't really have a concussion. It was a cover because he was showing up to practice drunk. If this is true, I can see the Browns getting another harsh penalty.

Lord, doesn't this fall under the area of "Haven't they suffered enough?"  I'm no Browns fan, but man this guy is just the gift that keeps on giving.

*gleefully goes to lurk on Browns' board*
Reply/Quote
I thought Flopzel was heading to Dallas? Following in the footsteps of Weeden. Heck, Jerry Jones must be a heroin addict to pick these mess ups.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
(02-09-2016, 10:54 PM)guyofthetiger Wrote: I thought Flopzel was heading to Dallas? Following in the footsteps of Weeden. Heck, Jerry Jones must be a heroin addict to pick these mess ups.

Manziel might be suspended for a while.  MIGHT be.  Looks bad.  Even Jerrah is going to be overruled on picking him up, I'd wager.
Reply/Quote
(02-09-2016, 05:24 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I'm not saying Pettine was good or better than Hue, but he got a lot of heat for pretty much doing the same thing the Browns and fans are saying is the most OBVIOUS thing now.

This....

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote