Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Browns tougher with Flacco
I'll post looking ahead as a Bengals Fan here. Browns were all messed up at QB, but now they aren't. Flacco makes Browns at Cincinnati game much harder. Browns have a good team, but I was hoping Bengals would catch them with bad QB's, but that isn't going to be the case. Flacco has been named Browns starter rest of season, and the Super Bowl winning veteran QB has looked good, I'm sorry to say.

Still, I'll be rooting for a Bengals win in that one. I think both Defenses will be tough that day, and both QB's and offenses look good.

Tiger
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
My prediction is Flacco will have one or two good games, then flame out. At his age, he's not going to like getting hit.
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2023, 10:29 AM)Sled21 Wrote: My prediction is Flacco will have one or two good games, then flame out. At his age, he's not going to like getting hit.

I hope so, as Kev says, he looks good and it sucks for us. Honestly, I think we can win out, but the Browns with Flacco playing like 
he did against the Jags will be tough.
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2023, 10:29 AM)Sled21 Wrote: My prediction is Flacco will have one or two good games, then flame out. At his age, he's not going to like getting hit.

Agree, Flacco has probably already had his moment in the sun.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Luckily, we are historically successful against Flacco. We're 12-9 against Flacco, allowing only 215.3 yards per game, completing 59.7% of his passes at 6 yards per attempt, 1 TD per game but 1.3 INT per game, with a QB rating of 71.3.
https://www.statmuse.com/nfl/ask/joe-flacco-record-vs-bengals

Granted, this was mostly against the Marvin Lewis Bengals, but in the one game he had against the Taylor Bengals, he went 28 for 52 (53.8%) for 285 yards, 5.5 per attempt, 0 TD and 2 INT and we sacked him 4 times on September 25, 2022 when he played for the Jets. They only scored 12 points.
Reply/Quote
(12-15-2023, 12:03 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: Luckily, we are historically successful against Flacco. We're 12-9 against Flacco, allowing only 215.3 yards per game, completing 59.7% of his passes at 6 yards per attempt, 1 TD per game but 1.3 INT per game, with a QB rating of 71.3.
https://www.statmuse.com/nfl/ask/joe-flacco-record-vs-bengals

Granted, this was mostly against the Marvin Lewis Bengals, but in the one game he had against the Taylor Bengals, he went 28 for 52 (53.8%) for 285 yards, 5.5 per attempt, 0 TD and 2 INT and we sacked him 4 times on September 25, 2022 when he played for the Jets. They only scored 12 points.

Good stuff CJD, hope that trend continues for Flacco lol
Reply/Quote
The Browns are pretty beat up in general, injury wise. I don't see Flacco being the guy to lead them deep into the playoffs. In fact with the way the Bengals team has started hitting it's stride on both sides of the ball, I like the Bengals chances of winning that game. That game could very well determine which of the Browns/Bengals even gets into the playoffs.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote