Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Browns traded for Tyrod Taylor
Looks like AJ McCarron will be looking for another home. Hue is not likely going to invest in another veteran QB on top of this trade.

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Tyrod Taylor? Really didn’t see that one coming?

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Tyrod will be a stop gap for Darnold to get acclimated. The trade for Jarvis Landry is nasty! McCarron may be begging to resign here before its all over!
Reply/Quote
Seems like they also traded for Damaious Randle, CB from the Packers.

Browns did well getting Landry, then a couple of head scratchers with Taylor and Randle..

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2018, 08:42 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Seems like they also traded for Damaious Randle, CB from the Packers.  

Browns did well getting Landry, then a couple of head scratchers with Taylor and Randle..

they traded DeSHone Kizer as part of that deal

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Taylor's contract voids at the end of 2018, so he will be a FA next year.

They weren't going to convince a FA to sign there and pull a Mike Glennon, so this was the best option.
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2018, 09:22 PM)pally Wrote: they traded DeSHone Kizer as part of that deal

Ok, and??  So they took Green Bay's 1st round garbage for their second round garbage, what is the significance?

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
And Jarvis Landry. Bad moves by Browns good news for AFCN. Not a fan of either.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
Damn. Was hoping AJMC would get a hig payday so we would get a 3rd round comp. Looks unlikely now. Unless Vance Joseph comes calling
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2018, 09:42 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Damn. Was hoping AJMC would get a hig payday so we would get a 3rd round comp. Looks unlikely now. Unless Vance Joseph comes calling

I think AJ really was ready to call Cleveland home.

Reply/Quote
(03-09-2018, 09:42 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Damn. Was hoping AJMC would get a hig payday so we would get a 3rd round comp. Looks unlikely now. Unless Vance Joseph comes calling

Predicted weeks ago AJM would get left out in the cold when it comes to being handed the keys as a starter somewhere. 

The market is flooded with QB's right now and did not even think Taylor was in that mix. 

Still got Bradford, Cousins, Keenum, Bridgewater, and a slew of good rookies that are cheap available. 

Bridgewater will not get a starters job either even though he has been to pro bowl already per his injury question mark.  

Should have traded AJM a long time ago for his sake and ours as well. We both got screwed over by not. 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
But do agree that Taylor is just a stop gap until whoever they draft is ready.

Probably Darnold unless they take Barkley first.

Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2018, 01:10 AM)Go Cards Wrote: Predicted weeks ago AJM would get left out in the cold when it comes to being handed the keys as a starter somewhere. 

The market is flooded with QB's right now and did not even think Taylor was in that mix. 

Still got Bradford, Cousins, Keenum, Bridgewater, and a slew of good rookies that are cheap available. 

Bridgewater will not get a starters job either even though he has been to pro bowl already per his injury question mark.  

Should have traded AJM a long time ago for his sake and ours as well. We both got screwed over by not. 
I don't think the Bradford market is going to be that big. His injury history is rough. AJ will land with the Bills is my prediction, Keenum to Cardnials, and  Cousins to Broncos.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2018, 01:58 AM)Jakeypoo Wrote: I don't think the Bradford market is going to be that big. His injury history is rough. AJ will land with the Bills is my prediction, Keenum to Cardnials, and  Cousins to Broncos.

Maybe but there is a lot of good rookies to choose from as well that will come cheap per rookie pay scale. 

We shall see. Still think they will use the leverage of all available QB's to try and sign AJM to a back up spot and if he takes over the starters spot good for the team. 

Just think he will have to prove it in lieu of a big payday and the keys handed to him. Wrong time wrong place for him. Last year it would have been different but Bengals kept him. 

The bad part is that is what his biggest supporters wanted for him.

Have been wrong before though. 

Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote