Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Browns vs Eagles
Good grief, anyone watching this? The Brownies have 3 takeaways and a Safety already...….Eagles look shell shocked. Browns D looks good....
Reply/Quote
(08-23-2018, 10:24 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Good grief, anyone watching this? The Brownies have 3 takeaways and a Safety already...….Eagles look shell shocked. Browns D looks good....

Browns defense does look good.

Yet it does appear the Browns are taking the game way more seriously than Eagles.

I mean look at Hue jumping and pumping fists on sideline like it is a big game.

But they do look better than I expected.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Wow, 4 turnovers to the Browns in the 1st half, plus the safety. Eagles are stinking the place up tonight....even their oline is letting Foles get hit....
Reply/Quote
Bad INT for young Mayfield. Hope to see lots more of those.

Reply/Quote
Browns will still be Browns. 1st and goal on 1yd line, 4 pass plays and no td. Come on man!

Reply/Quote
I watched a good bit of it and neither team even slightly impressed me ! The Browns D played decent I guess ? But I'm not sure how much of the 4 takeaways was good D and how much was just horrible Eagles O ?
Reply/Quote
(08-24-2018, 09:12 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I watched a good bit of it and neither team even slightly impressed me ! The Browns D played decent I guess ? But I'm not sure how much of the 4 takeaways was good D and how much was just horrible Eagles O ?

I think a lot of it was poor play be the Eagles, but enough of it was good play by the Browns D that teams better not sleep on them.....
Reply/Quote
(08-24-2018, 10:03 PM)Sled21 Wrote: I think a lot of it was poor play be the Eagles, but enough of it was good play by the Browns D that teams better not sleep on them.....

could they get any worse though... i did think their WR core looked very thin after Landry and even if they have Goridon, not much depth at WR.  still not impressed with Njoku very little production last year , good hands but did not see very good route running.  Defense though they will be very improved i believe.  Possible winning 4 to 6 games.. im glad Steelers are there week 1, the buzz is loud for an improved year and with Bell sitting preseason, possible slow out of the gate they just might keep it close enough for a miracle win.
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2018, 11:43 AM)Essex Johnson Wrote: could they get any worse though... i did think their WR core looked very thin after Landry and even if they have Goridon, not much depth at WR.  still not impressed with Njoku very little production last year , good hands but did not see very good route running.  Defense though they will be very improved i believe.  Possible winning 4 to 6 games.. im glad Steelers are there week 1, the buzz is loud for an improved year and with Bell sitting preseason, possible slow out of the gate they just might keep it close enough for a miracle win.

They can't count on Gordon, I really expected them to sign Dez….. and, they still might.
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2018, 11:43 AM)Essex Johnson Wrote: could they get any worse though... i did think their WR core looked very thin after Landry and even if they have Goridon, not much depth at WR.  still not impressed with Njoku very little production last year , good hands but did not see very good route running.  Defense though they will be very improved i believe.  Possible winning 4 to 6 games.. im glad Steelers are there week 1, the buzz is loud for an improved year and with Bell sitting preseason, possible slow out of the gate they just might keep it close enough for a miracle win.

Them stealing a win from Pittsburgh in week one would be huge for both them and us. Good post EJ.

Reply/Quote
(08-23-2018, 10:24 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Good grief, anyone watching this? The Brownies have 3 takeaways and a Safety already...….Eagles look shell shocked. Browns D looks good....

The Browns have 1 win and 31 losses in last 2 seasons, and they were awful long before these seasons.  Every year I hear how great the Browns are going to be.  Even if the Browns made some improvements, they have a long climb up from 0-16 season just to reach 8-8 season.  They needed everything and the kitchen sink and it still might not help.  

The Eagles haven't won in preseason.  They haven't had Wentz at QB.  They guy they thought was solid as back-up has been awful.  I look for Eagles to be looking for a new back-up QB.  It's too early to predict doom for Super Bowl Eagles.  Wentz will probably come back OK.  Still, it's hard to repeat and win Super Bowl again.  I also see Cowboys, Redskins, Giants giving them hard games. 

If Browns start season 3-0 or even 2-1, then I will believe they are better, not until then.  I look for them to start season 0-3 or 1-2. The Browns offense and defense was so bad last year that each week in Fantasy Football teams tried to grab free agents playing against Browns or defenses going against Browns. A team this bad has to do a lot more before I'm convinced.

As I say, every draft ESPN says how great Browns did which leads to every off season media and fans say how great Browns will be. I've been hearing this every year, only to see Browns in last place every year. I will only believe they can win regular season games, when they actually win regular season games. Of course, I'm rooting for Bengals and I don't live in Cleveland.

Somebody had on this site, Are Browns now better than Bengals. This gets posted every year on Bengals site. 7-9 record is much better than 0-16. If Bengals blocking improves they can improve on 7-9 to a play-off record. Browns however have to improve on 0-16 and 1-31. No they aren't better than Bengals.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(08-28-2018, 12:23 PM)kevin Wrote: The Browns have 1 win and 31 losses in last 2 seasons, and they were awful long before these seasons.  Every year I hear how great the Browns are going to be.  Even if the Browns made some improvements, they have a long climb up from 0-16 season just to reach 8-8 season.  They needed everything and the kitchen sink and it still might not help.  

The Eagles haven't won in preseason.  They haven't had Wentz at QB.  They guy they thought was solid as back-up has been awful.  I look for Eagles to be looking for a new back-up QB.  It's too early to predict doom for Super Bowl Eagles.  Wentz will probably come back OK.  Still, it's hard to repeat and win Super Bowl again.  I also see Cowboys, Redskins, Giants giving them hard games. 

If Browns start season 3-0 or even 2-1, then I will believe they are better, not until then.  I look for them to start season 0-3 or 1-2.  The Browns offense and defense was so bad last year that each week in Fantasy Football teams tried to grab free agents playing against Browns or defenses going against Browns.  A team this bad has to do a lot more before I'm convinced.  

As I say, every draft ESPN says how great Browns did which leads to every off season media and fans say how great Browns will be.  I've been hearing this every year, only to see Browns in last place every year.  I will only believe they can win regular season games, when they actually win regular season games.  Of course, I'm rooting for Bengals and I don't live in Cleveland.

Somebody had on this site, Are Browns now better than Bengals.  This gets posted every year on Bengals site.  7-9 record is much better than 0-16.  If Bengals blocking improves they can improve on 7-9 to a play-off record.  Browns however have to improve on 0-16 and 1-31.   No they aren't better than Bengals.
I never said they would be great, I said their D looked good.... and it did. I do not expect them to go winless this year. I also do not expect them to be "great". I think 8-8 would be overachieving for them. I see them getting maybe 5 wins.
Reply/Quote
The browns went 4-0 in the preseason last yr...just sayin'.
Reply/Quote