Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Steelers Cling to Sixth Seed Hopes; Undefeated Bengals Laugh
(11-14-2015, 05:47 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: You shouldn't talk about math when you say the Steelers are 2 back when they're actually 3.5 back. 

I realize that(google for some reason when you google a team schedule,it shows you at top of search page but leaves out the first game or 2).

Regardless, The Steelers arent in a hopeless situation as of yet and are capable of catching up or being a strong wildcard
Reply/Quote
(11-14-2015, 06:41 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: 1 + 1 = C  Ninja

Y always  equals 8
Reply/Quote
(11-14-2015, 06:53 PM)IsaacCurtis Wrote: I realize that(google for some reason when you google a team schedule,it shows you at top of search page but leaves out the first game or 2).

Regardless, The Steelers arent in a hopeless situation as of yet and are capable of catching up or being a strong wildcard

Hopeless? No. 

But they have a tough road.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(11-14-2015, 05:28 PM)IsaacCurtis Wrote: you have an interesting view of assumed math. The Steelers can easily make a wildcard and are only 2 games behind the Bengals.

youve seen the Seahawks lose and only beat weak teams while the Steelers have won with back ups and you think Seattle will be tough?
Indy is dead.

If the Bengals go 5-3 in their last 8 games, then it's mathematically impossible for the Steelers to catch them, even if they run the table.  It would take a substantial collapse by the Bengals combined with an incredible run by the Steelers for them to win the AFCN crown.

As far as the wild card goes, they will likely need a minimum of 10 wins.  That's a 5-2 run for a team that's currently 5-4.  It's not out of the realm of possibility, but they will be without their 2 best OL and Bell with a hobbled QB.  Yes, they have won some games with their backup QB, but they have also lost to crap teams like the Chiefs and Ravens.  They have been a terrible west coast team and Seattle is probably the toughest place to play in the league.  Indy is mediocre, but should have proven last week that they can be dangerous if overlooked.  They can make it, but they have a tough mountain to climb to get there.
Reply/Quote
(11-14-2015, 10:59 PM)Whatever Wrote: If the Bengals go 5-3 in their last 8 games, then it's mathematically impossible for the Steelers to catch them, even if they run the table.  It would take a substantial collapse by the Bengals combined with an incredible run by the Steelers for them to win the AFCN crown.

As far as the wild card goes, they will likely need a minimum of 10 wins.  That's a 5-2 run for a team that's currently 5-4.  It's not out of the realm of possibility, but they will be without their 2 best OL and Bell with a hobbled QB.  Yes, they have won some games with their backup QB, but they have also lost to crap teams like the Chiefs and Ravens.  They have been a terrible west coast team and Seattle is probably the toughest place to play in the league.  Indy is mediocre, but should have proven last week that they can be dangerous if overlooked.  They can make it, but they have a tough mountain to climb to get there.

Roth isnt hobbled. He has a minor foot problem and a bye week coming up. He'll be back.

http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/steelers/2015/10/23/This-season-not-as-bad-as-2010-for-the-offensive-line/stories/201510230141

regardless of this being a Pittsburgh paper,its still a fact of history.

the Patriots are undefeated with basically no offensive line of worth too
Reply/Quote
(11-14-2015, 11:15 PM)IsaacCurtis Wrote: Roth isnt hobbled. He has a minor foot problem and a bye week coming up. He'll be back.

http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/steelers/2015/10/23/This-season-not-as-bad-as-2010-for-the-offensive-line/stories/201510230141

regardless of this being a Pittsburgh paper,its still a fact of history.

the Patriots are undefeated with basically no offensive line of worth too

He's hurt badly enough to miss another start, and likely isn't completely over the knee injury that first put him down.  

Well, that's a brilliant point.  I guess Tomlin should just hope two more starters go down, and then the Steelers are Super Bowl bound, lol.

Ok, first off, the Pats are much better than the Steelers this year.  Second, the Pats can at least keep Brady healthy for 3 games straight.  Seriously, Ben lasted 2-1/2 games behind that line before getting injured, and was back for 1-3/4 games before going down again.  Plus, their backup went down with an injury after like 2-1/2 games.  What makes anyone think they can keep him upright for 6 games after the bye to make a run?  It's possible, but not very likely.
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2015, 04:02 AM)Whatever Wrote: He's hurt badly enough to miss another start, and likely isn't completely over the knee injury that first put him down.  

Well, that's a brilliant point.  I guess Tomlin should just hope two more starters go down, and then the Steelers are Super Bowl bound, lol.

Ok, first off, the Pats are much better than the Steelers this year.  Second, the Pats can at least keep Brady healthy for 3 games straight.  Seriously, Ben lasted 2-1/2 games behind that line before getting injured, and was back for 1-3/4 games before going down again.  Plus, their backup went down with an injury after like 2-1/2 games.  What makes anyone think they can keep him upright for 6 games after the bye to make a run?  It's possible, but not very likely.

yes Vick went down after he won a game in San Diego. And then Pitt beat the Cardinals with a third stringer. You know the Cardinals,that team that may be better than the Bengals. The Bengals barely beat the Steelers this first time. A split is very likely and Ben will be back for that. Pitt will beat the Browns with a back up tomorrow.
 They beat the Raiders who were threatening for a wild card. I'm picking Vikings to win tomorrow. You still have to account for all the other teams that can lose and have lost To keep Pitt well in line for a spot.

everyone in the AFC aside from Broncos,Bengals, Patriots is doing so bad they are practically holding the door open for Pittsburgh.
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2015, 05:20 AM)IsaacCurtis Wrote: yes Vick went down after he won a game in San Diego. And then Pitt beat the Cardinals with a third stringer. You know the Cardinals,that team that may be better than the Bengals. The Bengals barely beat the Steelers this first time. A split is very likely and Ben will be back for that. Pitt will beat the Browns with a back up tomorrow.
 They beat the Raiders who were threatening for a wild card. I'm picking Vikings to win tomorrow. You still have to account for all the other teams that can lose and have lost To keep Pitt well in line for a spot.

everyone in the AFC aside from Broncos,Bengals, Patriots is doing so bad they are practically holding the door open for Pittsburgh.

The Chargers are garbage, and everyone knows it.  I don't think many people put the Cardinals ahead of the Bengals.  The Bengals are 3-0 against teams that are .500 or better, while the Cardinals are 0-2.  Literally, the Cards' 6 wins are over the Saints, Bears, 9'ers, Lions, Ravens, and Browns, and their 2 losses are to the Rams and the Steelers with their third string QB.  It doesn't get any easier than they've had it, and they still lost to both of the middle of the pack teams they played.  The Raiders have been an awful east coast team for years.

A split with the Bengals could happen, but given the two teams' records, current health, and the fact that the Bengals won in Pittsburgh with the Steelers in full on desperation mode to keep their AFCN title hopes alive, it would be an upset, no question.  It certainly isn't something you can just pencil in as a W for the Steelers.

Looking at their remaining schedule, the Steelers should get to 9-7, which would leave them on the outside looking in due to tiebreakers most likely.  Yes, they could surprise in one of the games I would predict a loss in[@Seattle, Denver, @Cinci], but they've been suspect in covering the games they should have covered, so that could easily be offset by a loss to the Colts, Browns, or Ravens....well, maybe not the Browns.  They definitely need to a higher level than they have the first 9 weeks to make it.
Reply/Quote
The Chargers being horrible is irrelevant. They were still beat by a back up.
Ben Looks fine today apparently
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2015, 04:45 PM)IsaacCurtis Wrote: The Chargers  being horrible is irrelevant.  They were still beat by a back up.
 Ben Looks fine today apparently

The Chargers are starting how many backups?  They're a mediocre team who's roster is a MASH unit.

The only reason Ben is playing today is that once again, the Steelers paper mache OL got another one of their QB's injured, which only brings the question of whether they can keep Ben healthy for 6 games into sharper focus.  He's played well, but it's the Browns and they've spotted them like 100 penalty yards.  Besides, when has beating the Browns ever been the standard for a playoff team?
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2015, 05:45 PM)Whatever Wrote: The Chargers are starting how many backups?  They're a mediocre team who's roster is a MASH unit.

The only reason Ben is playing today is that once again, the Steelers paper mache OL got another one of their QB's injured, which only brings the question of whether they can keep Ben healthy for 6 games into sharper focus.  He's played well, but it's the Browns and they've spotted them like 100 penalty yards.  Besides, when has beating the Browns ever been the standard for a playoff team?

It makes no difference why he's playing. The fact is he was considered injured and wouldn't be ready. And people here thought he wasn't ready
 If the  Chargers were so bad,how come it takes till the last 2 minutes left to beat them in half  their games? I can counter every one of your sports cliches with my own. 
 You are trying to say the wins don't count when theg actually do count. Sports excuse logic.....isn't actual logic or reason
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2015, 05:56 PM)IsaacCurtis Wrote: It makes no difference why he's playing. The fact is he was considered injured and wouldn't be ready. And people here thought he wasn't ready
 If the  Chargers were so bad,how come it takes till the last 2 minutes left to beat them in half  their games? I can counter every one of your sports cliches with my own. 
 You are trying to say the wins don't count when theg actually do count. Sports excuse logic.....isn't actual logic or reason

When I make the point that the Steelers will have a hard time making a playoff run because they can't keep a QB healthy for 3 games, and another one of their QB's gets hurt, that is directly relevant to the discussion at hand.

So having a dismal record, but losing close, means you aren't really that bad?

Ok, so you'll argue moral victories to try and make the Chargers look better than they are, then immediately follow up "a win is a win."  Way to talk out of both sides of your mouth. Plus, I never said the Steelers would lose out, and the Browns weren't one of the teams I predicted them to lose to, so what is your point, exactly?

I also find it humorous that you'll declare the Colts done even though they've won games with their backup, but then suck off the Steelers and declare them playoff bound for doing the same, even though the Colts will have a much easier time making it.  You're arguments are so full of double standards that it's obvious that they are not rooted in any kind of logic or reasoning.  I stand by my argument.  The Steelers will have to play lights out down the stretch and have a little luck to make it, and I think they will come up a little short.
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2015, 06:51 PM)Whatever Wrote: When I make the point that the Steelers will have a hard time making a playoff run because they can't keep a QB healthy for 3 games, and another one of their QB's gets hurt, that is directly relevant to the discussion at hand.

Ok, so you'll argue moral victories to try and make the Chargers look better than they are, then immediately follow up "a win is a win."  Way to talk out of both sides of your mouth. Plus, I never said the Steelers would lose out, and the Browns weren't one of the teams I predicted them to lose to, so what is your point, exactly?

I also find it humorous that you'll declare the Colts done even though they've won games with their backup, but then suck off the Steelers and declare them playoff bound for doing the same, even though the Colts will have a much easier time making it.  You're arguments are so full of double standards that it's obvious that they are not rooted in any kind of logic or reasoning.  I stand by my argument.  The Steelers will have to play lights out down the stretch and have a little luck to make it, and I think they will come up a little short.

Apparently, like Fouts, he likes the taste of gray too.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2015, 06:51 PM)Whatever Wrote: When I make the point that the Steelers will have a hard time making a playoff run because they can't keep a QB healthy for 3 games, and another one of their QB's gets hurt, that is directly relevant to the discussion at hand.

this phrase makes no sense what so ever. I said nothing about moral victories. I said they almost won instead of losing a game because they were close at the end.
  Yes, A WIN is a win = yes, the Steelers have wins. theres no contradiction what so ever.

you are straddling both sides of a fence by saying a Steelers win is unimportant because the beat a weak team.
  A win is a win and good teams lose games too. These arent contradictions.

the Colts will make the playoffs sure but they wont matter in them. Nothing humorous about that. Its just my prediction. They play like  Philadelphia  ;off/on.

the Steelers dont have to play lights out,what ever that means? They just need to win like they did today with a QB that was supposed to be injured.

I havent said one single double standard. Ive made predictions and you think i'm wrong because you predict  the Bengals will run the table.
  I doubt that, Strongly.
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2015, 09:31 PM)IsaacCurtis Wrote: this phrase makes no sense what so ever. I said nothing about moral victories. I said they almost won instead of losing a game because they were close at the end.
  Yes, A WIN is a win = yes, the Steelers have wins. theres no contradiction what so ever.

you are straddling both sides of a fence by saying a Steelers win is unimportant because the beat a weak team.
  A win is a win and good teams lose games too. These arent contradictions.

the Colts will make the playoffs sure but they wont matter in them. Nothing humorous about that. Its just my prediction. They play like  Philadelphia  ;off/on.

the Steelers dont have to play lights out,what ever that means? They just need to win like they did today with a QB that was supposed to be injured.

I havent said one single double standard. Ive made predictions and you think i'm wrong because you predict  the Bengals will run the table.
  I doubt that, Strongly.

Well, first, I never predicted that the Bengals would run the table. Second, as I pointed out to you earlier, if the Bengals go 5-3 over their last 8 games, it is mathematically IMPOSSIBLE for the Steelers to win the AFCN.  That's not running the table.  You act like that "Steelers are only 2 games back" garbage that you spouted when you first entered this thread is true.  It's not.  In fact, I'm done debating the topic with "fan" that wants to talk about the Steelers playoff hopes, but doesn't even know how many games his team is up in the division, nor seems to understand basic math.
Reply/Quote
I of course get the math dude. But. It isn't mathematically  impossible yet for the Steelers to win division. ( a wildcard is well within reach)The Bengals barely got past a so called injured steelers team.
 I'm a fan of nfl, not a so called fan of steelers.
And thank you for the back and forth. It's hard to find a time sites sometimes.

I'm now at a bar in Salem Oregon watching the Cards/Seattle game.
Reply/Quote
He's no Bengals fan. Seen a thread he started said he was a Rams and Packers fan

http://bengalsboard.net/Thread-NFL-fan-in-general?pid=79716#pid79716
Thanks ExtraRadiohead for the great sig

[Image: SE-KY-Bengal-Sig.png]
Reply/Quote
Well..what I said about Steelers isnt so improbable yet. I thought the Bengals would at least win this week
Reply/Quote