Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Browns win a playoff game before the Bengals do
(01-11-2021, 04:04 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: No. Not even close. The vast majority thought he could mask some deficiencies, which he did. I can't think of one single person that thought getting Burrow was the one and only thing the Bengals needed to do to get right. 

His injury was because they kept running a LG out there that was getting blown up constantly. 

I bet if you want to exhaust yourself in researching the posts you can find at LEAST a few who thought once Lewis and Dalton were gone, and Burrow drafted, this franchise was SB bound!
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2021, 02:54 PM)Destro Wrote: Love when the Steelers lose. This one almost felt as good as us beating them...almost. The Browns won a playoff game and a much better than us. Hasn't always been that way, may not stay that way, but they are better.

The opportunity was put in front of them and they TOOK it. They danced with what got them there, they didn't abandon it like some goddamn playoff team I won't mention. For a while they looked like they were just sitting on the lead waiting for the game to end, but they finally woke up and put the knee back on their neck. And the best thing is, the refs are looking at everything - no more turning a blind eye to the cheap shots the Steelers always got away with.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(01-11-2021, 01:46 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: Had the Bengals not imploded in 2015, and the NFL didn't screw them with the Joey Porter incident on the field, would you really feel any different?  This "years without a playoff win" means nothing to me.  Had they won in 2015 and lost a week later, they wouldn't be on this list but nothing would really have changed.  The media likes to throw it in our faces, but it will all change next year.  

Tough call. In hindsight, no, I'd not be feeling any different. In 2015, after a playoff win, I might have been feeling optimistic. The 30 years without a win just adds more fuel to the Mike Brown owner/GM dumpster fire, I suppose.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2021, 04:32 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: I bet if you want to exhaust yourself in researching the posts you can find at LEAST a few who thought once Lewis and Dalton were gone, and Burrow drafted, this franchise was SB bound!

There's always one or two lunatics in every crowd. I just tend to dismiss them.   Smirk

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2021, 05:28 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: There's always one or two lunatics in every crowd. I just tend to dismiss them.   Smirk

I mean, we even have a few people that think Zac Taylor is a good coach...

Reply/Quote
(01-11-2021, 02:29 PM)JSR18 Wrote: IIRC, things are now as they were in 2011,12,13,14,15 and those were all playoff years. Of course, Merv was coaching instead of the "Big Mac Zac Attack"...

I believe there may be a couple of points you might have overlooked in your comparison of 2011-15 and the past couple of years.

You did mention the change, but not effects of the change. In the 90's Marvin was also not coaching the team. Now he is also not the coach again.

The result when Marv was not the coach in the 90s are quite similar to the result of him not being the coach now.

Reply/Quote
(01-11-2021, 09:14 PM)BengalChris Wrote: The result when Marv was not the coach in the 90s are quite similar to the result of him not being the coach now.

Marvin Lewis may have been underrated.  Now I don't want him back, of course, but he brought the Bengals back from the abyss.  Unfortunately his successor is not even close to what he was.
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2021, 09:14 PM)BengalChris Wrote: I believe there may be a couple of points you might have overlooked in your comparison of 2011-15 and the past couple of years.

You did mention the change, but not effects of the change. In the 90's Marvin was also not coaching the team. Now he is also not the coach again.

The result when Marv was not the coach in the 90s are quite similar to the result of him not being the coach now.

The point I was making was someone posted that we can't make the playoffs with the FO group not changing. My point was that the playoffs were attained with the same FO group. However, there was a different HC and some players...
The only thing I hate worse than Pittsburgh football...

...is Pittsburgh fans!!

SLIM--gone, but never forgotten...

Original Bengals message boards
Rep Points: 4726

Reply/Quote
(01-12-2021, 02:54 PM)JSR18 Wrote: The point I was making was someone posted that we can't make the playoffs with the FO group not changing. My point was that the playoffs were attained with the same FO group. However, there was a different HC and some players...

Ah, you are very correct!

Reply/Quote
(01-13-2021, 10:26 PM)BengalChris Wrote: Ah, you are very correct!

HOGWASH!!!

The coaches and players have been a revolving door since 1991, BUT the OWNER has been the only COMMON denominator!
Reply/Quote