Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Browns win a playoff game before the Bengals do
(01-11-2021, 01:38 AM)Interceptor Wrote: You can thank our front office for that.

Not just the front office
[Image: ?u=https%3A%2F%2Fupload.wikimedia.org%2F...f=1&nofb=1]
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2021, 01:28 AM)Trademark Wrote: I feel absolutely sick to my stomach. Of course the Browns win a playoff game before the Bengals.

What the hell are you talking about??? Of course, the Browns have won multiple playoff games before the Bengals. Dude, they won 8 Championships!!!! WTF, are you whining about!!!!

As for as the Superbowl era, we won two AFC Championships and were in two Superbowls to zero for the Browns.

So in both cases you are dead wrong. 

A. The Browns have won Playoffs/Championships before the Bengals.

B. The Bengals were in two Superbowls before the Browns.

Get your facts straight!!!

[Image: f68132fac21ad569709392a048de36b2.jpg]
[Image: 4540978331_3e8fe35323.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2021, 02:00 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Question: Can Bengal's fans use the Steelers getting beat in  the playoffs as an opportunity to be mad

Answer:

We did use the Browns being bad as a reason to be glad with the Bengals for many years, so now they've overtaken us I think it's quite fair that we are mad at the Bengals.  

And a 4th expansion team that didn't exist when our playoff drought started has notched a playoff win. 100% of 'em have.  Plenty of logical reasons to point out how bad this makes us look.  It's downer talk, but it's not unwarranted. 
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2021, 05:50 AM)BURROWorBUST Wrote: Not just the front office

You know you could've posted a pic of every player from that decade minius Marvin Jones, Cedric Benson, Leon Hall, and Vontaze Burfict, but its more fun to pick on the ginger.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2021, 01:28 AM)Trademark Wrote: I feel absolutely sick to my stomach. Of course the Browns win a playoff game before the Bengals.

I was kind of afraid this would be the sentiment.  The Browns are my second (and it is a distant second) favorite team.  I watched that game in utter disbelief as a team that lost a couple more of their offensive linemen kept Mayfield VERY clean and just picked pitt apart.  

I loved watching Piggy throw 4 INTs, and I am still a little bitter than one DB didn't catch #5 that Piggy threw right at him.

Props to the Browns.  They had a really good season and last night, they kept their foot on the gas and pounded the steelers. 

Piggy should probably be sent to slaughter and turned in to bacon, but I sure hope he comes back next year.  Fourth best QB in the AFC North has a nice ring to it.
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2021, 01:58 AM)Benton Wrote: At least it wasn't the Steelers.

And it WAS the steelers, and Piggy, that got throttled on National TV to possibly end Pig Ben's career.  That was a very nice end to the weekend.
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2021, 05:21 AM)Bengalstripes9 Wrote: Yeah. They won because of their running game and defense. Who would have thought the better offensive line/ running game/ defense would win a game in the AFC north? Lesson to be learned here?

Pitt is definitely decimated with injuries on defense, and needs to fix their run game/oline in the offseason. Their defense will be better with players getting healthy. Will be a competitive division next year. Agree that the Ravens are the best team representing our division right now. Either the Chiefs, Bills, or Ravens rep the AFC this year (likely the Chiefs).

In order to be competitive next year, we’ll need to find a way to generate more pressure on defense, improve our offensive line and running game, and just improve our defense overall. We’re likely still a year away from being competitive at least. But Burrow might make up for our deficiencies and keep us competitive (if he’s fully healthy and gets adequate protection to stay healthy).

I know this is dripping with sarcasm at the beginning, but you are dead on there.  And as far as injuries go, the front line of the steelers, their strength, was 100% healthy.  

To be competitive next year, the Bengals need to protect Burrow, give him weapons, and fortify the defensive line.  I really think they can accomplish all three of those things with one draft and one FA.  Will it happen?  I actually believe it will.  I can imagine Burrow watching this at home is going crazy.  He will want to be there next year.  
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2021, 08:32 AM)Nately120 Wrote: We did use the Browns being bad as a reason to be glad with the Bengals for many years, so now they've overtaken us I think it's quite fair that we are mad at the Bengals.  

And a 4th expansion team that didn't exist when our playoff drought started has notched a playoff win. 100% of 'em have.  Plenty of logical reasons to point out how bad this makes us look.  It's downer talk, but it's not unwarranted. 

The real bottom line is there are four teams that have never been in the Super Bowl.  Before the so-called "Modern Era" doesn't really matter to me.  I give props to the Browns and Bears for all their championships before I was alive, but hardly relevant with the structure of today's NFL.

Cleveland Browns
Detroit Lions
Houston Texans
Jacksonville Jaguars

Those are the four teams that have never been to the Super Bowl, and I root (a little) for all of them except the Texans. I hate that team for some reason.  Not as much as pitt, but I hate them.  I think they killed at least 5 long-shot parlays and they are on my banned list.   Hilarious

It has been a LONG time for the Bengals to make a real run in the playoffs, but let's be honest:  In 2005, and 2015, the Bengals were good enough to win it all and had every chance before injuries to the QB ended it.  People will point out some team that won it all with a backup QB (like Kurt Warner) but those are as common as good looking female steeler fans.  

Looking forward, we may not have a lot of faith in the coaching staff or ownership, but I have tons of faith in Burrow and that he will get the Bengals there in the next few years.  
Reply/Quote
Just like that The Bengals without question are the most inept team in the NFL.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
I mean they went 0-16 3 years ago and had like 200 million in cap space to spend with like 40 first round picks.

After line another 3 coaching changes it get finally pulled it off.

That’s probably what the bengals needed to do like 3 years ago too but we get mike brown.
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2021, 05:50 AM)BURROWorBUST Wrote: Not just the front office

Or Giggles. He never dances with whomever took him to the dance. He dumped Ground Game one too many times, especially when Defense was there to pick her up off the playoff floor where he left her.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(01-11-2021, 10:12 AM)jj22 Wrote: Just like that The Bengals without question are the most inept team in the NFL.

Most ineptly run team in the NFL. We have a good product that is mismanaged by horrible decisions both on and off the field.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(01-11-2021, 06:09 AM)BengalYankee Wrote: What the hell are you talking about??? Of course, the Browns have won multiple playoff games before the Bengals. Dude, they won 8 Championships!!!! WTF, are you whining about!!!!

As for as the Superbowl era, we won two AFC Championships and were in two Superbowls to zero for the Browns.

So in both cases you are dead wrong. 

A. The Browns have won Playoffs/Championships before the Bengals.

B. The Bengals were in two Superbowls before the Browns.

Get your facts straight!!!

[Image: f68132fac21ad569709392a048de36b2.jpg]

There was a Browns fan that posted somewhere in a reply to an NFL article a couple of years ago that the NFL was celebrating it's 100th anniversary but only recognizes the 50 or so champions/championships of the Super Bowl era.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
The Bengals showed the stains how to beat the squeelers.

They won because of us.
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2021, 05:21 AM)Bengalstripes9 Wrote: Yeah. They won because of their running game and defense. Who would have thought the better offensive line/ running game/ defense would win a game in the AFC north? Lesson to be learned here?

Pitt is definitely decimated with injuries on defense, and needs to fix their run game/oline in the offseason. Their defense will be better with players getting healthy. Will be a competitive division next year. Agree that the Ravens are the best team representing our division right now. Either the Chiefs, Bills, or Ravens rep the AFC this year (likely the Chiefs).

In order to be competitive next year, we’ll need to find a way to generate more pressure on defense, improve our offensive line and running game, and just improve our defense overall. We’re likely still a year away from being competitive at least. But Burrow might make up for our deficiencies and keep us competitive (if he’s fully healthy and gets adequate protection to stay healthy).
I think Geno could play a big role in that if we bring him back next year and he's healthy.  People point to this year and say he's done but he was also injured.  I think he could do a lot of damage next year with a year of not much use and a full offseason getting healthy, especially if we do end up giving more 3-4 hybrid looks or even go to that full-time.  I think that would make it very difficult to account for him every play.
(01-11-2021, 09:52 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I was kind of afraid this would be the sentiment.  The Browns are my second (and it is a distant second) favorite team.  I watched that game in utter disbelief as a team that lost a couple more of their offensive linemen kept Mayfield VERY clean and just picked pitt apart.  

I loved watching Piggy throw 4 INTs, and I am still a little bitter than one DB didn't catch #5 that Piggy threw right at him.

Props to the Browns.  They had a really good season and last night, they kept their foot on the gas and pounded the steelers. 

Piggy should probably be sent to slaughter and turned in to bacon, but I sure hope he comes back next year.  Fourth best QB in the AFC North has a nice ring to it.
Honestly, it sucks when you stop to think about it, but I was so happy watching the game that the thought only crossed my mind once, if that.

It felt like the end of an era in Pittsburgh and that we have the chance to start competing for the division, but, unfortunately, my mind literally started thinking about all of the things this team lacks, with the main one being an indoor practice facility and training/rehab facility.

The Browns and the Ravens will only continue to improve, so we need to start strengthening our roster because Joe can lead us where we need to go.
(01-11-2021, 09:54 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: And it WAS the steelers, and Piggy, that got throttled on National TV to possibly end Pig Ben's career.  That was a very nice end to the weekend.
It was pretty incredible to watch!  Ben crying was one of the sweetest moments I've ever seen!

He looked so defeated and the crying was because, in my opinion, it's over for him.  I think he decided before the playoffs, or maybe even before the season, that this was his last dance.
(01-11-2021, 09:58 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I know this is dripping with sarcasm at the beginning, but you are dead on there.  And as far as injuries go, the front line of the steelers, their strength, was 100% healthy.  

To be competitive next year, the Bengals need to protect Burrow, give him weapons, and fortify the defensive line.  I really think they can accomplish all three of those things with one draft and one FA.  Will it happen?  I actually believe it will.  I can imagine Burrow watching this at home is going crazy.  He will want to be there next year.  

I believe it can happen and we can compete next year, but, living in Greater Cincinnati all my life, I'm never fully confident that it will happen.

As for the Steelers, they just looked unorganized and defeated, mentally and physically, and, with Ben crying, I'm not sure that his team will have complete faith to follow him into next season with the confidence that he can take them where they need to go (if he even comes back).

I think the team lacks leadership and I don't think Ben can be that guy at this point in his career and I don't think Tomlin can, either.
Reply/Quote
Browns reset the franchise on number of seasons since they last won a playoff game. The best of the worse:

Bengals: 30
Lions: 29
Dolphins: 20
Raiders: 18
Washington Football Team: 15
Jets: 10
Bears: 10

All other teams are in single digits.
Reply/Quote
Browns get to their first playoff since 1994 and win a game!

Bengals go to 7 playoffs since 1991 and win 0 games!

I was 14 in 1968 when Bengals birthed.

I was a Browns fan until then because it was the ONLY NFL team on Ohio, but more importantly a Paul Brown fan, which why I switched from the Browns to the Bengals in 1968 because of Paul Brown.

The Bengals franchise died with Paul Brown!
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2021, 11:22 AM)bengalguy71 Wrote: Bengals go to 5 playoffs since 1991 and win 0 games!

Seven, actually.  All 7 winning seasons we have had since 1991 have led to one-and-done playoff appearances.

Reply/Quote
(01-11-2021, 11:31 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Seven, actually.  All 7 winning seasons we have had since 1991 have led to one-and-done playoff appearances.

Thanks Nately120, I forgot about the 2 with Carson.
Reply/Quote
I know Mike Brown hates the Browns I hope this win angers him and motivates him to end this embarrassing drought.
Reply/Quote