Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Brownshoe's 1st round mock draft
This is the first time I have done a mock draft, so go easy on me. I'm not going to account for trades or anything like that, because it gets way too complicated.

1)Titans - Laremy Tunsil (OT)
2)Browns - Carson Wentz (QB)
3)Chargers - Jalen Ramsey (CB)
4)Cowboys - Joey Bosa (DE)
5)Jaguars - Myles Jack (OLB)
6)Ravens - Deforest Buckner (DE)
7)49ers - Jared Goff (QB)
8)Eagles - Ezekiel Elliott (RB)
9)Buccaneers - Ronnie Stanley (OT)
10)Giants - Laquon Treadwell (WR)
11)Bears - Leonard Floyd (OLB)
12)Saints - Sheldon Rankins (DT)
13)Dolphins - Vernon Hargreaves (CB)
14)Raiders - Shaq Lawson (DE)
15)Rams - Josh Doctson (WR)
16)Lions - Jack Conklin (OT)
17)Falcons - Kevin Dodd (DE)
18)Colts - Taylor Decker (OT)
19)Bills - Jarran Reed (DT)
20)Jets - Robert Nkemdiche (DT)
21)Redskins - Andrew Billings (DT)
22)Texans - Corey Coleman (WR)
23)Vikings - Will Fuller (WR)
24)Bengals - Darron Lee (OLB)
25)Steelers - Eli Apple (CB)
26)Seahawks - Cody Whitehair (OT)
27)Packers - Reggie Ragland (ILB)
28)Chiefs - Mackensle Alexander (CB)
29)Cardinals - A'Shawn Robinson (DT)
30)Panthers - Emmanuel Ogbah (DE)
31)Broncos - Paxton Lynch (QB)
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I doubt we go linebacker in the first because it's not an IMMEDIATE need that would help us win now.

We need a place that can contribute right away to help take us to the next level.
Reply/Quote
(03-30-2016, 01:50 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: I doubt we go linebacker in the first because it's not an IMMEDIATE need that would help us win now.

We need a place that can contribute right away to help take us to the next level.

If you as a team are counting on a rookie to be the thing that takes you to the next level, your team sucks and you aren't getting to any levels.
Reply/Quote
(03-30-2016, 02:09 AM)Yojimbo Wrote: If you as a team are counting on a rookie to be the thing that takes you to the next level, your team sucks and you aren't getting to any levels.

When you only need a role player or two to take you to the next level, especially when they're replacing players who were below par (i.e. Peko) or just average, your team doesn't suck.
Reply/Quote
(03-30-2016, 02:50 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: When you only need a role player or two to take you to the next level, especially when they're replacing players who were below par (i.e. Peko) or just average, your team doesn't suck.

Who do you think we would draft? I don't think any worth while receiver will be left since I think the Giants (because Cruz has played 6 games the last two years) / Rams / Texans / Vikings all will be taking a WR in the first.

Plus I think that Darron Lee would be an amazing pickup for us. Our LB core isn't very strong right now, and he could possibly be a starter instantly. We have dinosaurs like AJ Hawk and Dansby possibly starting, and we only have 1 really good LB.
Reply/Quote
(03-29-2016, 08:53 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: This is the first time I have done a mock draft, so go easy on me. I'm not going to account for trades or anything like that, because it gets way too complicated.

No way do they let Ogbah go by them.  I could see them trading back (if they find a suitor) if those WRs are all gone and picking up either Ogbah or Noah Spence.  A true pass-rushing RDE is the missing piece of the puzzle on this team.  
Reply/Quote
I love Darron Lee but I think is off the board before the 20's. I also think we likely avoid linebacker early now that Dansby has signed. Would personally love the pick but don't see it happening. With the way you have things playing out and 4 WR's off the board before our selection I would love to see them draft Mackensie Alexander from Clemson at CB or A'Shawn Robinson at DT even though they typically avoid going DT early.
[Image: fadQsr.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-30-2016, 09:02 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: No way do they let Ogbah go by them.  I could see them trading back (if they find a suitor) if those WRs are all gone and picking up either Ogbah or Noah Spence.  A true pass-rushing RDE is the missing piece of the puzzle on this team.  

I am with you now, before the Dansby signing i would of loved Darron Lee, but now i would rather have Ogbah.

Dude would be great in our rotation, never a bad thing to add a pass rusher or CB's early in the Draft.

(03-30-2016, 10:42 AM)JungleRock85 Wrote: I love Darron Lee but I think is off the board before the 20's. I also think we likely avoid linebacker early now that Dansby has signed. Would personally love the pick but don't see it happening. With the way you have things playing out and 4 WR's off the board before our selection I would love to see them draft Mackensie Alexander from Clemson at CB or A'Shawn Robinson at DT even though they typically avoid going DT early.

I also think Lee will go earlier anyways. I like Alexander or Robinson at 24 as well as Ogbah.
Reply/Quote
(03-30-2016, 05:06 AM)Brownshoe Wrote: Who do you think we would draft? I don't think any worth while receiver will be left since I think the Giants (because Cruz has played 6 games the last two years) / Rams / Texans / Vikings all will be taking a WR in the first.

Plus I think that Darron Lee would be an amazing pickup for us. Our LB core isn't very strong right now, and he could possibly be a starter instantly. We have dinosaurs like AJ Hawk and Dansby possibly starting, and we only have 1 really good LB.

I'd love Derron Lee in the first and I would also take a flyer on Jaylon Smith if he fell to the 4th or later. If the rumors are true and we signed LaFell than we could look to grab a WR in round 2, 3 or 4 like Boyd, Thomas, Miller, Higgins, Garret, or take a flyer on a guy like Demarcus Robinson in the later rounds. Honestly outside of Burfict and now maybe Dansby our LB's are not good. We have to hope that Dawson get's his chance this year and shines, but it's no given. Love the pick though!
Reply/Quote
(03-30-2016, 09:02 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: No way do they let Ogbah go by them.  I could see them trading back (if they find a suitor) if those WRs are all gone and picking up either Ogbah or Noah Spence.  A true pass-rushing RDE is the missing piece of the puzzle on this team.  

I so hope they take Ogbah,or Andrew billings or Robert nkmediche.I truly believe Nkmediche is going to be a stud and with us he could be a pro-bowl type player first season.This guy is a beast and our team could easily have a super season with us.I want him in round one because he will not last until the second.He is the real deal, and he is not a off-field problem guy.I saw his interview with Mike Mayock and he seems to be a  guy much worth the risk.He will not last until the second.If we pass on him,you watch whoever gets this guy is going to be very very happy with now he does his thing.He benched 225 lbs 34 times.unreal
Reply/Quote

No way do they draft a lb in the first and if they did,it would be the BPA and Lee is not the best lb in this draft.I am a huge Ohio state fan,but it will not be him.I see them taking a DE OR DT FIRST OR a top WR. I would love to see a tall,physical type receiver and not a smaller speedy type.We need another 6ft 4in guy like A.J.GREEN.Its going to be a WR,OR A DE OR DT IN THE FIRST.
Reply/Quote
(03-30-2016, 05:27 PM)fortyyearfan Wrote: No way do they draft a lb in the first and if they did,it would be the BPA and Lee is not the best lb in this draft.I am a huge Ohio state fan,but it will not be him.I see them taking a DE OR DT FIRST OR a top WR. I would love to see a tall,physical type receiver and not a smaller speedy type.We need another 6ft 4in guy like A.J.GREEN.Its going to be a WR,OR A DE OR DT IN THE FIRST.

Darron Lee is a really good LB, and he would probably be the BPA at that point.
Reply/Quote
(03-29-2016, 08:53 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: This is the first time I have done a mock draft, so go easy on me. I'm not going to account for trades or anything like that, because it gets way too complicated.

If, as in this scenario the top WRs are gone at 24, I do think the Bengals should be looking to take the BPA, which in my book would be between Darron Lee and A'Shawn Robinson, either of which would add depth that would help us down the stretch this year.

Darron Lee would spell the end of Taylor Mays. A'Shawn Robinson would spell the eventual end of Sims and he'd be a good candidate to replace Peko next year.

Reply/Quote
(03-30-2016, 10:42 AM)JungleRock85 Wrote: I love Darron Lee but I think is off the board before the 20's. I also think we likely avoid linebacker early now that Dansby has signed. Would personally love the pick but don't see it happening. With the way you have things playing out and 4 WR's off the board before our selection I would love to see them draft Mackensie Alexander from Clemson at CB or A'Shawn Robinson at DT even though they typically avoid going DT early.

I agree, I like Lee but I wouldn't pass on A'Shawn Robinson.  I get that there is depth at the position and they sort of take them late (although Still and Thompson are recent) but guy is an actual beast no matter how often that term is used.  He's a playmaker and a wall, a rare prospect that they'd be crazy to pass on.  I think some teams will pass on DT's early due to class depth and other needs, but he and Alexander should be gone.  I don't know that Dansby changes a Lee pick if he is BPA on Cincy's board.  
Reply/Quote
(04-02-2016, 07:13 PM)phil413 Wrote: I agree, I like Lee but I wouldn't pass on A'Shawn Robinson.  I get that there is depth at the position and they sort of take them late (although Still and Thompson are recent) but guy is an actual beast no matter how often that term is used.  He's a playmaker and a wall, a rare prospect that they'd be crazy to pass on.  I think some teams will pass on DT's early due to class depth and other needs, but he and Alexander should be gone.  I don't know that Dansby changes a Lee pick if he is BPA on Cincy's board.  

I'm not that high on Robinson.
Reply/Quote
I'd be surprised if Robinson falls that far, and even madder if we pass on him.

With that said, I actually am a huge fan of Lee. Would like him in stripes, especially if that's how the draft falls. Docston, Coleman, and Treadwell already gone? No need to reach for a WR right there.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-04-2016, 12:57 AM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: I'd be surprised if Robinson falls that far, and even madder if we pass on him.

With that said, I actually am a huge fan of Lee. Would like him in stripes, especially if that's how the draft falls. Docston, Coleman, and Treadwell already gone? No need to reach for a WR right there.

I think Robinson looked better than he actually is because he had people like Jarran Reed and Ragland around him. I think Robinson is good, but nearly as good as how some people view him.
Reply/Quote
(04-04-2016, 01:20 AM)Brownshoe Wrote: I think Robinson looked better than he actually is because he had people like Jarran Reed and Ragland around him. I think Robinson is good, but nearly as good as how some people view him.

I can agree on that, but still think he'd do pretty well here due to what's around him as well.

Then again, that's also why I really like Austin Johnson from Penn State. They're pretty similar players. Johnson isn't going to beat double teams consistently, but he's very good when it's one on one. Plus he plugs up holes.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-04-2016, 01:23 AM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: I can agree on that, but still think he'd do pretty well here due to what's around him as well.

Then again, that's also why I really like Austin Johnson from Penn State. They're pretty similar players. Johnson isn't going to beat double teams consistently, but he's very good when it's one on one. Plus he plugs up holes.

If we get a DT I want Andrew Billings. I think that guy will be a star in the future. He's still VERY young, and he's a powerhouse PLUS he's fast as all get out. He's great at stopping the run, and I think if he was next to Atkins it would just cause chaos. I know he plays NT in college, but I don't think it's that hard to go from a NT to a DT.
Reply/Quote
(03-30-2016, 05:06 AM)Brownshoe Wrote: Who do you think we would draft? I don't think any worth while receiver will be left since I think the Giants (because Cruz has played 6 games the last two years) / Rams / Texans / Vikings all will be taking a WR in the first.

I've seen reports that have Lee as a WILL linebacker, which we already have Burfict, and he just doesn't seem like the typical stone-wall that we'll need to take on blocks from the SAM position in the run game.  He's too lean and not built like a linebacker that we'd want at SAM.

Personally, I've been screaming all-along for a nose tackle, and they could go Billings, Reed, Rankins, or I've even called for them to trade back to get more picks and draft Washington or Butler.  
Reply/Quote