Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bruce Arians
(10-04-2019, 05:41 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: You mean personnel like these all-time fan favorites?

Chuck Bresnahan
Bob Bratkowski
Ken Zampese
Paul Alexander

no, the players.
Reply/Quote
(10-04-2019, 11:22 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I'd say it's a bit of 'all of the above' for why we fail.

I think Taylor talked a good game and had management thinking he could be the change. But, not signing many impact free agents and not having league average scouting hurts.

Honestly, back when we had good rosters like from 2014/2015...some of us questioned why the Bengals didn't sign a quality MLB or Center. Those teams might have made a long playoff run with an Alex Mack at Center. Instead, they rolled over cap space.

Well, they kind of fell in love with that phony term, "homegrown talent" which is meaningless unless the player comes from Cincinnati, born, breed and went to college in..... We've had a few and some pretty good, but not enough to keep harping on that line forever. They've been burnt so many times with FA's they seem really afraid to do anything other than scrap heapers and then way overpay them. Forget the notion of premier FA's. This team isn't gonna do that again in our lifetimes. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
So... Back to Bruce Arians.

He looks like a guy sitting alone at the end of the bar who appears to be minding his own business, but laughs to himself when you and your friend say something funny to each other.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote