Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bruce to Mets for SP Wheeler
On ESPN.com. It's being rumored after losing out on Gomez the Mets could acquire Jay Bruce from the Reds In exchange for starting pitcher Zack Wheeler.
Reply/Quote
Wheeler is coming off Tommy John surgery.

I don't like this move.
Reply/Quote
(07-31-2015, 01:16 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Wheeler is coming off Tommy John surgery.

I don't like this move.

That's what I was thinking. And Bruce is finally returning to his usual, productive self.
[Image: what%2Bday%2Bis%2Bit.jpg]
Reply/Quote
But Wheeler is still vrey young, and probably under contract longer than Bruce.
Reply/Quote
(07-31-2015, 01:17 PM)MrRager Wrote: That's what I was thinking. And Bruce is finally returning to his usual, productive self.

It's the Mets. It won't last that long.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
For now still just a rumor.
Reply/Quote
I'd be good with it...if it goes through. Wheeler is a promising young pitcher who has been solid in the majors. That said, it looks like neither side wants to compromise and the talks are losing steam. The latest from mlbtraderumors.com:

Quote:11:44am: The talks between the Mets and Reds regarding Bruce “may have lost momentum,” ESPN.com’s Jerry Crasnick tweets. Cincinnati is “having second thoughts” about the package being proposed by New York, per the report. Meanwhile, Bob Nightengale of USA Today tweets that New York has concerns both with Bruce’s salary and his inconsistencies at the plate.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
No deal for me.
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote