Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bryan Price will return in 2016
Didn't see this "official" announcement posted anywhere (my bad if it is, I don't pay very close attention to the Reds section), but I do see a lot of people talking about how much their dislike Price and what he's done with the team.

http://m.mlb.com/news/article/153013000/bryan-price-will-return-as-reds-manager
Reply/Quote
(10-05-2015, 09:19 AM)djs7685 Wrote: Didn't see this "official" announcement posted anywhere (my bad if it is, I don't pay very close attention to the Reds section), but I do see a lot of people talking about how much their dislike Price and what he's done with the team.

They really don't want to pay him 1.5 million to sit at home or coach another team. I believe they also want to keep Walt, which would be even shittier. It should be both or none of them gone. 

I can see them getting rid of the hitting coach and probably the bat boy or something like that to make it seem like they're doing what needs to be done.... even though it's pretty clear they need a new direction from top down. 
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
 [Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-05-2015, 09:19 AM)djs7685 Wrote: Didn't see this "official" announcement posted anywhere (my bad if it is, I don't pay very close attention to the Reds section), but I do see a lot of people talking about how much their dislike Price and what he's done with the team.

I'm just glad that stinking lousy season is over. There is no pats on the back or great jobs for this season. I'm sorry the last weekend fell in October this year. It was more than time to end this season. Anybody that was still watching the Reds in August and September must really love the Reds, win or lose. I found them too awful to watch all season and although I get around 155 Reds games on TV, or more, I stopped watching them early on. Every time I turned on the game, they were always losing and the facts are thy didn't come back and win per their lousy record.......The All-Star Game was held in style by the Reds owner.......Tony Perez statue and 25th anniversary of 1990 team stuff was great......but the 2015 Reds were awful and so were the 2014 Reds, the only 2 years Price has managed. ......They might keep Price, but really he should have been handed a cardboard box to clean out his office after yesterdays last game.  This does not mean I'm happy to see him fired, but unhappy the Reds have been too lousy to even watch on FOXOHIO TV the last 2 years.  The worst thing this team could do is come back in 2016 with the same manager and the same players because it will bring the same results.  Since the Reds are bringing up all these minor league players, don't they have a minor league manager that knows these kids and can move up with them. 

Those who feel a manager has little input on winning has no respect for the turnaround Madden made at Tampa and this year with Cubs, the turnaround Jack McKean made with Reds and then taking last place Florida to World Series, and no respect for Sparky Anderson turning Reds and Detroit into winners. ....Yes, Price must bare a big part of the blame for the losing.....It is time to go in another direction even if he has one year left on his contract. 

Meanwhile, Bengals are 4-0......a great change from one of the worst Springs and Summers of Reds baseball ever.  The experts on Opening Day said Reds would finish last. I hoped they were wrong. Pete Rose said he hoped they were wrong. They were so right that I do not want the same team back in 2016. .....Didn't the Reds lose just about every game in September. That is a weak finish. It is time for Price to go, and some players on this team to go also.  When you are in last place, there is no place to go but up.  It's time to rebuild, and Price has shown no reason why he should be The Future. 

When you consider all the mega millions it takes to field a team, why would you keep a manager you don't want over 1.5 million....if you don't think he can manage your mega millions.....It comes down to if ownership wants him back, and not this 1.5 million.   If firing Dusty was the start of rebuilding, I fail to see the rebuilding or improvement under Price. ....Could we ever get a manager that can get this team to bunt. Why must the Reds year after year fail to lay down the bunts needed to move runners over and instead are innings killers and game losers. For the mega millions they get paid, you would think they could bunt. High school teams bunt better than the Reds do. 
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
As is, next year I will have very low expectations.
Reply/Quote
I'm not against bringing back Price since I really don't know who could have won with that dumpster fire roster they assembled. The bright side is Price has shown to be a very good judge and developer of young pitchers, and right now that's what the Reds are going with, a bunch of young arms in the rotation. A new GM would be nice, someone who has shown success in rebuild mode, that's not really Walt's strong point.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
Reds are going to stink next year regardless who manages them, so might as well keep the guy you are paying and then go all in full rebuild mode in 2017 from coaches to players.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
(10-07-2015, 09:38 PM)Millhouse Wrote: Reds are going to stink next year regardless who manages them, so might as well keep the guy you are paying and then go all in full rebuild mode in 2017 from coaches to players.

we have a winner.
No reason to bring in a new guy set up to fail that you will just have to replace in a year anyways.

Trade Bruce and Chapman at winter meetings. 

Get a legit CF prospect out of it. 

End the Hamilton switch hitting charade. 

If he can't hit from one side, why make it worse trying 2? 

1. Suarez
2. Winker
3. Votto
4. Frazier
5. Meso
6. Phillips
7. Waldrop/FA
8. Pitcher
9. Hamilton

Bailey
Disco
Lamb