Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bryant TD?
Why is this not a topic? by rule that was not a TD. But who the hell knows what a catch is anymore.
Reply/Quote
I agree! It clearly was NOT a touchdown. The Steelers were truly gift wrapped this game. Its disgusting!
Reply/Quote
Ball was moving before he got two feet down, but since it was first ruled a TD....couldn't be overturned.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2016, 11:05 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: but since it was first ruled a TD....couldn't be overturned.

Oh yes it could be.  They do it all the time.  He never had contol of the ball and that is what defines a catch.  The ball was moving the whole time he was inbounds.
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2016, 11:11 AM)CJ2etc Wrote: Oh yes it could be.  They do it all the time.  He never had contol of the ball and that is what defines a catch.  The ball was moving the whole time he was inbounds.

It could be but wouldn't be...that's my point.  It would have been impossible to overturn that TO A TD if it was called incomplete on the field (and it would have required a challenge) so the refs did what they do for the steelers....call it a TD and if there is blatant information that it wasn't a catch so be it, but you sure hear the term "the call on the field STANDS" a lot with pittsburgh because that means there is not enough evidence to overturn the bad call.  Gifts galore. 
Reply/Quote
Catches called TD's and non-TD's are overturned every weekend. Happens all the time. If the ball is moving he doesn't have control of it and it isn't a TD. If you watch is slow motion at one point you can see the ball just floating in the air between his legs with neither hand on it. It was not a TD.
Reply/Quote
And from my perspective being at the game, when the call came back as upholding the TD this is when the crowd really started getting pissed. We could all see it on the big tv's in the stadium and all could see the ball moving and we all knew it wasn't a legitimate catch and yet they call it a TD. If that is AJ or Marvin making that "catch" I guarantee it is reversed.

Rules are different for the Stealers though and that is what really sucks and got the fans in a frenzy.

Lucky I wasn't closer to the field or I might of thrown something too.
Reply/Quote
I don't think it was a TD either but I'm not so sure the NFL knows what a legitimate touchdown catch is anymore.
Reply/Quote
If AJ makes that catch we are talking about how great it is. But the refs and nfl have made every catch questionable. There was plenty of time to overcome this in the game but not the mistakes made in the final 2 minutes.
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2016, 11:00 AM)TKUHL Wrote: Why is this not a topic? by rule that was not a TD. But who the hell knows what a catch is anymore.

When they go under the double top secret tarp with a direct line to Goodell who knows what they are going to deem a catch and not a catch.  One might as well flip a coin on what the call will be.

While they figure that out they need to define what constitutes a helmet to helmet hit as well as thats all over the board.

Dead Horse :smash:
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2016, 11:29 AM)BengalFanInNJ Wrote: I don't think it was a TD either but I'm not so sure the NFL knows what a legitimate touchdown catch is anymore.

It changes, depending on the situation.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pjrklzv12eI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=omdawDt34tI

No way this was a catch. Bumbling, Juggling... (maybe) one foot in.
To each his own... unless you belong to a political party...
Reply/Quote
Unreal this 'catch' wasn't more of a focal point.
Reply/Quote
The TD itself was 50/50 so I really can't argue with the call. However, what should be and is not being talked about is the play before.

Was a basic run play that went for a yard. What was not noticed was the clear personal foul that David DeCastro committed against Vontaze Burfict after the play. DeCastro essentially drove and planted Burfict into the ground and wrestled with him well after the whistle. IMO, should have been a dead ball personal foul against 66 Pittsburgh which would have brought up 2nd and goal from the 24 not second and goal from the 9.

The more I watch this game back the angrier I get. Yes, the Bengals ultimately cost themselves this win but there was a lot of junk on the Pittsburgh side that was simply not called.
Reply/Quote
There is no way in hell anyone will ever convince me that he had control of the ball before the flip.
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2016, 02:27 PM)cinci4life Wrote: There is no way in hell anyone will ever convince me that he had control of the ball before the flip.

I am with you.  There is absolutely no way he had anything even close to control of the ball until he does the flip which is out of bounds.  
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2016, 01:52 PM)Who Dey Time Wrote: The TD itself was 50/50 so I really can't argue with the call.  However, what should be and is not being talked about is the play before.

Was a basic run play that went for a yard.  What was not noticed was the clear personal foul that David DeCastro committed against Vontaze Burfict after the play.  DeCastro essentially drove and planted Burfict into the ground and wrestled with him well after the whistle.  IMO, should have been a dead ball personal foul against 66 Pittsburgh which would have brought up 2nd and goal from the 24 not second and goal from the 9.

The more I watch this game back the angrier I get.  Yes, the Bengals ultimately cost themselves this win but there was a lot of junk on the Pittsburgh side that was simply not called.

Yeah.  I had the same thought.  DeCastro should have had a personal foul -- NO DOUBT.  I believe this wasn't far after the Shawn Williams 'defenseless receiver' hit which was a load of crock.
Reply/Quote
Yea I'm baffled. That's either the greatest catch in the history of the game or clearly not a TD....turns out it's neither. I'm puzzled as to how quick the announcers called that a catch...thinking Mike Carey even quickly agreed that he had total control. The league has what it wants though, everything can be reviewed and be whatever it wants to be. Nobody knows what a catch is anymore (especially going into the end zone) or what an illegal hit is. I get that we will sound bitter no matter if we agree that Pacman and Burfict were idiots, but the DeCastro and Shazier plays were right up there with the coaches grabbing our guys' hair and going onto the field to taunt them. The sport has always been about entertainment, but it's getting too political I wish the casual fan would watch the game instead of "duh Burfict a thug, karma got eeem'"
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2016, 11:54 PM)phil413 Wrote: Yea I'm baffled.  That's either the greatest catch in the history of the game or clearly not a TD....turns out it's neither.  I'm puzzled as to how quick the announcers called that a catch...thinking Mike Carey even quickly agreed that he had total control.  The league has what it wants though, everything can be reviewed and be whatever it wants to be.  Nobody knows what a catch is anymore (especially going into the end zone) or what an illegal hit is.  I get that we will sound bitter no matter if we agree that Pacman and Burfict were idiots, but the DeCastro and Shazier plays were right up there with the coaches grabbing our guys' hair and going onto the field to taunt them.  The sport has always been about entertainment, but it's getting too political I wish the casual fan would watch the game instead of "duh Burfict a thug, karma got eeem'"

I rarely talk to football fans for the very reason you mentioned at the end. Casual fans just don't get it. When it comes to their NFL knowledge it isn't good, but their Cincinnati knowledge is even worse. I hate when people talk about the Bengals like they know anything about them lol. Andy Dalton is a choker and the Bengals have a bunch of thugs namely Burfict and Jones. That is the average perception of the Bengals, YUCK.
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2016, 11:54 PM)phil413 Wrote: Yea I'm baffled.  That's either the greatest catch in the history of the game or clearly not a TD....turns out it's neither.  I'm puzzled as to how quick the announcers called that a catch...thinking Mike Carey even quickly agreed that he had total control.  The league has what it wants though, everything can be reviewed and be whatever it wants to be.  Nobody knows what a catch is anymore (especially going into the end zone) or what an illegal hit is.  I get that we will sound bitter no matter if we agree that Pacman and Burfict were idiots, but the DeCastro and Shazier plays were right up there with the coaches grabbing our guys' hair and going onto the field to taunt them.  The sport has always been about entertainment, but it's getting too political I wish the casual fan would watch the game instead of "duh Burfict a thug, karma got eeem'"

Mike Carey and the announcers were quick on anything against the Bengals, yet they showed the Burfict sack on Ben over and over trying to find anything they could to use against him. I saw at least 3 plays where a Pitt player ( mostly Oline men) went down field away from the play just to take a shot at Burficts knees. Watching this over and over makes me even more mad, just imagine what our player were hearing from the Pitt players and coaches. No excuse to act the way we did but i completely understand.
Reply/Quote