Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bryce Callahan
Maybe we will let Dennard walk and pay extra for Callahan. Doesn't seem to be much movement in the CB market atm

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2019, 04:00 PM)Okeana Wrote: Maybe we will let Dennard walk and pay extra for Callahan.  Doesn't seem to be much movement in the CB market atm

The market does seem stale. If we don't get Dennard back I'd rather take a swing at a high risk high reward guy in Verrett. Because of his injury history I am guessing he will be required to take a one year or lower value contract, but talent wise he is probably the best CB in FA.
Reply/Quote
He's of no relation to Bill or Brian so that hurts his chances some.

He's great in coverage, but can he tackle? That's where Dennard earns his stripes in the slot.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
I predict Captain Munnerlyn. Older player. Cheaper player. A player that was cut. #BengalsStyle
Reply/Quote
Honestly, why not both? I'd feel better with more than 3 CBs on the roster you can trust out there.
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2019, 04:46 PM)NKURyan Wrote: Honestly, why not both? I'd feel better with more than 3 CBs on the roster you can trust out there.

Callahan and Dennard fill the same role really.  

Reply/Quote
(03-12-2019, 05:13 PM)Okeana Wrote: Callahan and Dennard fill the same role really.  

So far, not a peep about Dennard.  Don't know if that means anything.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
Rather have Dennard. With all the holes on this roster I don’t really want to add starting slot CB to the list. And with the way we approach free agency well probably have to address most of them through the draft which is almost impossible. But if we lose Denarrd we have serious depth issues at CB.
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2019, 05:13 PM)Okeana Wrote: Callahan and Dennard fill the same role really.  

Lot of teams go 4 wide, and with our LBs as weak as they are I wouldn't be against playing more dime if we've got the corners to do it. Plus all it takes is one injury to anybody...
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2019, 06:43 PM)NKURyan Wrote: Lot of teams go 4 wide, and with our LBs as weak as they are I wouldn't be against playing more dime if we've got the corners to do it. Plus all it takes is one injury to anybody...

he's a slot corner. do you really wanna load up on slot corners? I'm confused 

Reply/Quote
(03-12-2019, 06:49 PM)Okeana Wrote: he's a slot corner. do you really wanna load up on slot corners? I'm confused 

Honestly I thought Dennard spent a lot of games out with injury, but then I looked it up and I see that I was wrong on that. Not sure where I got that idea.
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2019, 06:11 PM)lone bengal Wrote: Rather have Dennard. With all the holes on this roster I don’t really want to add starting slot CB to the list. And with the way we approach free agency well probably have to address most of them through the draft which is almost impossible. But if we lose Denarrd we have serious depth issues at CB.

Same here. We really don't have any reliable depth at corner and Dennard fills a vital role and he's good at it. Gotta be able to field 3 good corners these days.

Reply/Quote
Bradley Roby just got a 1 year 10 mil deal from the Texans. He was a nickle most of his career until last year and looked awful on the outside.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(03-12-2019, 07:51 PM)BengalChris Wrote: Same here. We really don't have any reliable depth at corner and Dennard fills a vital role and he's good at it. Gotta be able to field 3 good corners these days.

Pretty much and that’s not factoring in injuries. Lose Dennard and have an injury to William Jackson and you could be rolling out Kirkpatrick, Darius Phillips and some rookie or free agent who is worse than Dennard.
Reply/Quote