Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Buccs were 7 -5 last season
Lets win 8 straight like they did at worst we would be in the SB at best we would be SB champs
Reply/Quote
Love the optimism but not seeing 8 straight coming down the pike to finish this season.

But not giving up that the Bengals can still have a great and rewarding year from here on out imo.

But the O-line must get healthy and stay healthy for this to be a possibility.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
I’d be all for it… but this team needs to prove they can win 3 straight before I’m believing in 8 straight.
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2021, 12:32 PM)Go Cards Wrote: But the O-line must get healthy and stay healthy for this to be a possibility.

This. It's clear that our OL is the main reason for our offensive successes this past season. Zac has proven he's not a good enough playcaller to scheme around poor OL play, so we need our oL healthy and playing at least at an average level to have success.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
Let’s hope Reiff and Hopkins return. I heard Debo may still be out this week. Without him, Kittle is the only one that is scary. I do like our chances against them.
Reply/Quote
This isn't the Bucs... We don't have the goat with the best roster in football...
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2021, 12:54 PM)PhilHos Wrote: This. It's clear that our OL is the main reason for our offensive successes this past season. Zac has proven he's not a good enough playcaller to scheme around poor OL play, so we need our oL healthy and playing at least at an average level to have success.

Zac was doing fine until he had to deal with bums like Hill and Prince... I wish they would stop with sucky OSU lineman...
Reply/Quote
Burrow ain't Brady...... Yet.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
I know you posted this with all good intentions but the over-actors are going to overact and homers going to homer.

Having said that I think it sucked and part of me felt like a win yesterday would have more or less guaranteed a playoff spot and we could all breath easier.

Now I feel like going 3-2 in the last five games guarantees nothing and the Bengals have a tough schedule with every team left a legit playoff contender.

A lot of AFC teams could go 10-7 and the Bengals don't have all the tie breakers. Cincinnati may have to go 11-6 or win the division, or both.

Basically every game from here on out is a playoff game.

Im not feeling super confident about it right now but not ready to wave the flag either.
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2021, 01:12 PM)Interceptor Wrote: Burrow ain't Brady...... Yet.

20 years from now and 7 Super Bowl wins later, we can come back and say you nailed it! Remember this post.  Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2021, 01:19 PM)motoarch Wrote: I know you posted this with all good intentions but the over-actors are going to overact and homers going to homer.

Having said that I think it sucked and part of me felt like a win yesterday would have more or less guaranteed a playoff spot and we could all breath easier.

Now I feel like going 3-2 in the last five games guarantees nothing and the Bengals have a tough schedule with every team left a legit playoff contender.

A lot of AFC teams could go 10-7 and the Bengals don't have all the tie breakers.  Cincinnati may have to go 11-6 or win the division, or both.

Basically every game from here on out is a playoff game.

Im not feeling super confident about it right now but not ready to wave the flag either.
I think we are gonna have to win the division.... Miami is gonna be right there. They have a cakewalk the rest of the way...
Reply/Quote
Seeing how the AFC is shaping up down the stretch here, I don't think 10 wins is gonna cut it anymore. If we can't pry the division away from Baltimore, we probably need 11 wins for a wildcard. Winning four of the last five games doesn't seem doable to me considering who's left.

It's gotta be Division Title or Bust. There's no longer a margin of error.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
Well, someone has to win this division.

I don't look at any other team in the North with a ceiling as high as the Bengals. The Ravens are shot. They are horribly depleted at corner and their best defensive player is now out for the year. They're on their 5th or 6th running back. Their o-line has been battling injuries all year. Everything they do is dependent on Lamar putting the team on his shoulders, and that's not going well right now.

We've seen what Pittsburgh is with a cooked quarterback, lack of speed and protection, and a defense that plays very soft in most games. On top of that, we have two decisive wins over them.

The Browns scare me head to head because they beat our asses at the line of scrimmage. Now Conklin is out. Mayfield is the walking wounded. On top of that, they've done very poorly playing teams in division that aren't the Bengals.

Yesterday's game was rough, because up until the Mixon fumble, it was there for them to take. Still, it doesn't make me think they can't win another 3 or 4 and get in. They might be the only team in the division with a prayer of winning a playoff game. When they are on, ie when Mixon comes out of the gate getting yards, they tend to crush their opponents.

Super Bowl or conference title game is a tough sell for me, because two straight good games seems to be when they hit a wall. Gotta do better than that to go anywhere in January. However, I still see no reason to write them off. They are learning tough lessons about preparedness and what it takes to win week to week. The good news is that they are right there in it and get a chance to prove that they can adjust.
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2021, 01:10 PM)Tony Wrote: This isn't the Bucs... We don't have the goat with the best roster in football...

We may have the future GOAT though. I'm beginning to doubt it though i'm noticing a trend when we are trailing and we need Burrow to do more. we may have already seen his ceiling. 
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2021, 01:34 PM)samhain Wrote: Well, someone has to win this division.

I don't look at any other team in the North with a ceiling as high as the Bengals.  The Ravens are shot.  They are horribly depleted at corner and their best defensive player is now out for the year.  They're on their 5th or 6th running back.  Their o-line has been battling injuries all year.  Everything they do is dependent on Lamar putting the team on his shoulders, and that's not going well right now.  

We've seen what Pittsburgh is with a cooked quarterback, lack of speed and protection, and a defense that plays very soft in most games.  On top of that, we have two decisive wins over them.  

The Browns scare me head to head because they beat our asses at the line of scrimmage.  Now Conklin is out.  Mayfield is the walking wounded.  On top of that, they've done very poorly playing teams in division that aren't the Bengals.  

Yesterday's game was rough, because up until the Mixon fumble, it was there for them to take.  Still, it doesn't make me think they can't win another 3 or 4 and get in.  They might be the only team in the division with a prayer of winning a playoff game.  When they are on, ie when Mixon comes out of the gate getting yards, they tend to crush their opponents.  

Super Bowl or conference title game is a tough sell for me, because two straight good games seems to be when they hit a wall.  Gotta do better than that to go anywhere in January.  However, I still see no reason to write them off.  They are learning tough lessons about preparedness and what it takes to win week to week.  The good news is that they are right there in it and get a chance to prove that they can adjust.
We are rolling with Hargreaves and Apple at corner if Awuzie injury is serious We are telling the Ravens to hold our beer in that department. Our Oline is a complete dumpster fire if anyone on the line goes down that has been proven.
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2021, 12:32 PM)Go Cards Wrote: But the O-line must get healthy and stay healthy for this to be a possibility.

That’s the answer!

What happened up front yesterday was completely embarrassing. I know two key starters were injured but are the backups THAT bad?
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2021, 03:31 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: That’s the answer!

What happened up front yesterday was completely embarrassing. I know two key starters were injured but are the backups THAT bad?

Depth is part of the reason many of us said they didnt do enough in the offseason
Reply/Quote
Not really a great comparison since they have Brady which is considered by most the "greatest QB " in NFL history and had put together a good line which took some time to come together where we have a 2nd year QB in Burrow that lacks NFL experience and a line that is average at best even with all the pieces together
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2021, 03:39 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Depth is part of the reason many of us said they didnt do enough in the offseason

Mixon & Chase had 2 massive "accidents". The O-line is doing their job like any other 7-5 team out there.
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2021, 01:42 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: We are rolling with Hargreaves and Apple at corner if Awuzie injury is serious We are telling the Ravens to hold our beer in that department. Our Oline is a complete dumpster fire if anyone on the line goes down that has been proven.

Apple's shittiness is an overhyped narrative.  I'm not saying he's turning into Johnathan Joseph anthem soon, but he's done a decent job for what he is.  Awuzie's injury is probably the one I'm least worried about.  I think he's going to be okay, but we shall see.  The Ravens injuries at corner would be like us losing Hilton, Awuzie, Waynes and Apple.  

I don't view the o-line scenario as a panic-worthy thing just yet.  Every line in the division that isn't Cleveland is a dumpster fire.  Reiff and Hopkins were both game time decisions, so that's hardly any indication that they are done for any significant period of time.  TBH, they settled down a bit after the first half until the wheels came off in obvious passing situations in the 4th.  That officiating crew is notorious for throwing ticky-tack flags and both the Bengals and the Chargers got to experience that fact first hand yesterday.

This team, even with yesterday's injuries are doing pretty well health-wise for going into week 14.
Reply/Quote