Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Buccs were 7 -5 last season
(12-07-2021, 04:40 PM)Nately120 Wrote: To each his own and I"ve said this a zillion times, but Tom Brady should be the favorite non-Bengals player of every Bengals fan.  The guy has never gotten in our way, prevented the Steelers from winning the SB even more than they already have, and infuriates Steelers fans in a way we hope and pray Burrow can.

I can't be alone when every year as soon as the Bengals were out of the playoffs or playoff picture I was thinking "Dear lord, please let Tom Brady and the Patriots stop the Steelers in the playoffs."

I think I just got tired of all the hype around him and the love affair and the refs seeming to coddle him and calls always going his way. I'd rather have seen Manning get another ring or two, or Rivers, or Wilson, or Rodgers or Matt Ryan.

Just got tired of the same guy every year being "the great one" when it wasn't just him. It was just as much the hoodie and the defense and everything else that was done right in New England that people ignore and just focus on Brady. 

My example with him all the time is, had the Bengals drafted him, not the Patriots, no one knows his name.

It is nice that he has screwed the steelers over though.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2021, 04:48 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: I think I just got tired of all the hype around him and the love affair and the refs seeming to coddle him and calls always going his way. I'd rather have seen Manning get another ring or two, or Rivers, or Wilson, or Rodgers or Matt Ryan.

Just got tired of the same guy every year being "the great one" when it wasn't just him. It was just as much the hoodie and the defense and everything else that was done right in New England that people ignore and just focus on Brady. 

My example with him all the time is, had the Bengals drafted him, not the Patriots, no one knows his name.

It is nice that he has screwed the steelers over though.

I'd agree with you if he had that initial run fo what....4 SBs and that was it.  But he went a decade between dynasties, he is still playing after Rivers and the Mannings retired, and he isn't some naturally gifted freak who made the most of it.  The guy worked and continues to work and 6th round pick and so on and so forth.  Other than the draft thing, the guy is everything we hope and dream Burrow can become.

And as soon as Burrow becomes elite, there are going to be 31 fanbases who complain that the refs coddle him and the NFL is rigged for the Bengals.  Lordy loo, we can only hope and dream that we ever have a QB that gets people so fired up!
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2021, 12:32 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Love the optimism but not seeing 8 straight coming down the pike to finish this season.

But not giving up that the Bengals can still have a great and rewarding year from here on out imo.

But the O-line must get healthy and stay healthy for this to be a possibility.

Yes, the O-line is key, we all saw it in the last game with Hill and Prince. This is where we lost.

We even came back and were looking like we were going to beat the Chargers until the Mixon fumble with these backups.

Was actually amazing we even made it a game with that start.

I don't see us winning out though, the 49ers might not even be a win with the Offense they run and Logan out.
Reply/Quote