Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AJ said Ross should play Sunday
(08-24-2017, 03:51 AM)Thundercloud Wrote: Ok, but just get him in there and let him run some out routes, and stuff where he's least likely to take a big shot. Get him back in the swing of things gradually.

We did not draft Ross to run little out routes. even if he's not getting catches...I want him to SCARE opposing DB's and stretch them out.

last week? All we did was small passes and small runs..then..settle for a FG.  I wanna see a FEW Big Plays. Otherwise.. it won't be much of a season.
Reply/Quote
(08-24-2017, 09:39 PM)redwood Wrote: We did not draft Ross to run little out routes. even if he's not getting catches...I want him to SCARE opposing DB's and stretch them out.

last week? All we did was small passes and small runs..then..settle for a FG.  I wanna see a FEW Big Plays. Otherwise.. it won't be much of a season.

You're wasting Ross if you just want to send him deep every play. He's a complete receiver. Let him run all of the routes. Defenses are going to respect his speed regardless of the routes he's running. He can take a slant to the house. No reason to just keep having him run deep when he can do so much more.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2017, 10:12 AM)muskiesfan Wrote: You're wasting Ross if you just want to send him deep every play. He's a complete receiver. Let him run all of the routes. Defenses are going to respect his speed regardless of the routes he's running. He can take a slant to the house. No reason to just keep having him run deep when he can do so much more.

Ross is perfect for this formation.

[Image: CT-kxIDXIAAbaAb.jpg]
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(08-23-2017, 06:50 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: Doubtful. With quick passes being our main offensive strategy, maybe Ross will be able to break off a long screen. 

With Eifert and Green injured it changed things... They added Boyd, Core, Ross, Malone to Green, Lafell and Eifert to go short, middle AND DEEP.  Hit the open man on the give and go like basketball as Paul Brown did in Cleveland  The Zampese Family part of AIR CORYELL Chargers and Brett Farve PACKERS and St Louis Rams Super Bowl Win of Arena League Kurt Warner and 5 receivers on every play including the RB Marshall Faulk. .....The Bengals tried to hang on to way too much Hue Jackson which was stupid because he is gone. ...Zampese Football is have more receivers than defense can cover. Hit the open man. Be able to GO DEEP.  AIR CORYELL, Brett FARVE and RAMS GREATEST SHOW ON TURF.....and I've noticed Cincy area LOVES a BEngals team that can throw the ball......Look, they didn't get all these receivers to throw dink passes all game.....IF THE O LINE CAN BLOCK. LOOK FOR A WIDE OPEN OFFENSE ATTACK, the kind FANS LOVE. ...Of course they won't show it in preseason. You hold your cards close to your vest in preseason. 

Sure, it would be great to see Ross speed down the field like 1981 Collinsworth catching THE BOMB. If Ross, Lafell and others step up, AJ Geen gets single coverage, and not many CB's can handle AJ Green in single coverage. That has always been the goal we have failed on. Get the double team of Green.....and don't forget Eifert. Air Coryell Zampese loves a star tight end like Kellen Winslow. This could work.

James Brooks and Marshall Faulk were huge in Zampese Attack. They could run or catch or block. This is what is expected now of Hill, Bernard and new weapon Mixon. If Bernard gets healthy, don't rule him out. We need RBs to be James Brooks and Marshall Faulk like as RB's that are also WR's. If you line up with 4 pass catchers and one back and then the back goes out for a pass also, somebody is open as Fouts, Favre and Warner found out under Zampese Family. of course your RB's have to combine for 1,000 yards rushing to keep defense confused out of their minds confused. THAT is AIR ZAMPESE which has worked on other teams in NFL for Super Bowl Wins...Out with the Gruden and Hue plays and in with the Zampese, because Gruden and Hue are gone for one big reason. I would like to see Dalton hit players in stride. Not behind or over throws. Like Anderson or Boomer, hit these guys in stride. Stop missing the wide open man. Burn these defenses when you've got the play wide open. Blocking plays a major part in this.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(08-24-2017, 05:19 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Heck, I'm upset at him messing up the phrase "get the hell out of Dodge"

Simple missing word dude, calm down. Don't buy American cars either, if you can.

(Bite on thinking I don't know what the phrase means, hell, you think you're smart Philster!)
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(08-24-2017, 03:21 PM)Junglejuice Wrote: Do you watch the games?

Andy is no slouch on deep balls. Just look at the stats.
Also most of his game in the intermediate 12-25 yrd throws.  That is by far not a short passing game.

Do you look at stats?

No excuses, no "false narrative" here. I'd take this any day, wouldn't you? (sarcasm) You obviously would. Like I said, it's going to need to be YAC with Ross. He might get 1 long ball a game, and we'd be happy, it's not long ball every throw.

If Dalton was so damn awesome at deep balls, he would be throwing 10 of them a game to AJ Green. And you damn know he doesn't do that.

Accuracy Percentage On 16+ Throws: 44.7% (23rd)

Accuracy Percentage on 20+ Throws: 39.7% (24th)
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2017, 08:47 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Do you look at stats?

No excuses, no "false narrative" here. I'd take this any day, wouldn't you? (sarcasm) You obviously would. Like I said, it's going to need to be YAC with Ross. He might get 1 long ball a game, and we'd be happy, it's not long ball every throw.

If Dalton was so damn awesome at deep balls, he would be throwing 10 of them a game to AJ Green. And you damn know he doesn't do that.

Accuracy Percentage On 16+ Throws: 44.7% (23rd)

Accuracy Percentage on 20+ Throws: 39.7% (24th)

I see you've been reading that hack blogger lol. Keep reading his stuff some great things about how he feels Tannehill is the most underrated QB in the NFL and is top 5...good times still makes me laugh.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote