Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bucs First TD to Jackson
Is it just me, or does it seem that William Jackson quit on the Desean Jackson TD? Looked to me like he could have possibly tackled him but he stopped his pursuit at the 10-yard line. Perhaps he attempts to dive at his feet maybe and make it seem like he cares??
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2018, 08:59 PM)BengalFanInNJ Wrote: Is it just me, or does it seem that William Jackson quit on the Desean Jackson TD? Looked to me like he could have possibly tackled him but he stopped his pursuit at the 10-yard line. Perhaps he attempts to dive at his feet maybe and make it seem like he cares??

Yeah, I’m not sure if he could have or not but looked like it was worth the attempt live. Think he was more interested in turning to point a finger at his teammate. Not gonna bash the kid too much because I haven’t seen that from him before and don’t know how close he actually was because sometimes those tv angles can be deceiving. Definitely not something I hope to see often though
Reply/Quote
It was an embarrassing play. He was too busy looking for someone to blame instead of making a tackle. I don’t know if he could have made it or not, but at least try.
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2018, 08:59 PM)BengalFanInNJ Wrote: Is it just me, or does it seem that William Jackson quit on the Desean Jackson TD? Looked to me like he could have possibly tackled him but he stopped his pursuit at the 10-yard line. Perhaps he attempts to dive at his feet maybe and make it seem like he cares??

Seemed he was more interested in giving Bates the stink eye than he was making a play. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(10-28-2018, 09:05 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: Yeah, I’m not sure if he could have or not but looked like it was worth the attempt live. Think he was more interested in turning to point a finger at his teammate. Not gonna bash the kid too much because I haven’t seen that from him before and don’t know how close he actually was because sometimes those tv angles can be deceiving. Definitely not something I hope to see often though

(10-28-2018, 09:05 PM)PlayadLc Wrote: It was an embarrassing play. He was too busy looking for someone to blame instead of making a tackle. I don’t know if he could have made it or not, but at least try.

(10-28-2018, 09:06 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Seemed he was more interested in giving Bates the stink eye than he was making a play. 

Looks like we all agree lol Could this be the first ever consensus thread on this board?
Reply/Quote
Ok let’s bash the only defensive back we have that’s worth a damn. He obviously was supposed to have help over top and you guys are insane if you think he’s going to catch Desean Jackson who was several steps ahead of him.
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2018, 09:14 PM)Stonyhands Wrote: Ok let’s bash the only defensive back we have that’s worth a damn.  He obviously was supposed to have help over top and you guys are insane if you think he’s going to catch Desean Jackson who was several steps ahead of him.

Not really bashing him, but, are any of the defensive backs worth a damn right now outside of Jessie Bates? Hopefully after the bye they can get their act together, along with the rest of the defense. 
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2018, 09:14 PM)Stonyhands Wrote: Ok let’s bash the only defensive back we have that’s worth a damn.  He obviously was supposed to have help over top and you guys are insane if you think he’s going to catch Desean Jackson who was several steps ahead of him.

It was not obvious that he was supposed to have help over the top. Every CB in the NFL that gets burnt deep looks at their Safety like WTF.  WJIII very well may be our best CB, but he definitely is not the only DB worth a damn. Jesse Bates and Darquese Dennard are having fine season.

As to catching Desesan: WJIII is most likely faster than Desean
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(10-28-2018, 09:14 PM)Stonyhands Wrote: Ok let’s bash the only defensive back we have that’s worth a damn. He obviously was supposed to have help over top and you guys are insane if you think he’s going to catch Desean Jackson who was several steps ahead of him.

It’s not hard to catch a guy when he basically stops to catch a ball. WJ3 was right on his hip by the time Jackson turned upfield to trot into the end zone. Instead of tackling him inside the 10 and trying to hold to a FG or get another pick off of Winston he just gave up and let him score.

No guarantee that it would have made a difference even if he tackled him, but you never want to see a player give up on a play like that. Even if the tackle would just prolong the inevitable. I feel like Andy made a tackle inside the 10 a few weeks back and the defense came out and made that tackle look huge.
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2018, 09:14 PM)Stonyhands Wrote: Ok let’s bash the only defensive back we have that’s worth a damn. He obviously was supposed to have help over top and you guys are insane if you think he’s going to catch Desean Jackson who was several steps ahead of him.

Considering Dre had a better game, are you sure about that claim?
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
That play was on Shawn Williams. He got burned by Evans faking the inside route. He tried to jump it and got toasted.

The Deshean Jackson play was on WJ3. He just got beat with straight up speed and terrible technique.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2018, 10:59 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Considering Dre had a better game, are you sure about that claim?

In fact, Dre is having the better season overall, imo.

I think Bates is our best db atm though.

Reply/Quote
I saw a lot players quiting on plays, offense and D. Saw Boyd, Green just standing when Dalton had to scramble. I say guys just walking when they could have blocked it came back for the ball. Kirk is a joke, for all the high draft picks on D there is no way they can be this bad. Between quiting on plays, receivers getting behind our D it has to be coaching. Get on these guys during the week, something's gotta give.
Reply/Quote
I will have to see the wide play, but I believe Bates was in the wrong as well. He gets caught inside, when DeSean goes inside on the route. Bucs do A LOT of deep in routes, he stepped in and got stuck. So, I blame both DBs equally.

[Image: tumblr_nmz43uky8c1rtim7ko1_500.gif]

Feel free to support my Film/TV Review YouTube Channel  - Youtube.Com/NaterTot
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2018, 11:24 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: In fact, Dre is having the better season overall, imo.

I think Bates is our best db atm though.

Agree fully on both counts.
Reply/Quote
Regardless of whether he was supposed to have help, when he turned his head to look back near the 10, while chasing Jackson, instead of pushing for the tackle, I about came unglued. Reminded me of when he just let Bell run past him on the sideline...… the DB coach better be on his ass about it in the film room today....
Reply/Quote
After rewatching it he def shoulda attempted a tackle that was a poor effort by a guy who was already on Marc’s bad side this week when he gave away part of the game plan
Who Dey!!!

Reply/Quote
(10-28-2018, 10:59 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Considering Dre had a better game, are you sure about that claim?

Shit.....what about Jessie Bates?  Pick 6!

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(10-29-2018, 03:44 PM)WychesWarrior Wrote: Shit.....what about Jessie Bates?  Pick 6!

As I sad in my later post, I agree with that assessment Wink
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2018, 03:50 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: As I sad in my later post, I agree with that assessment Wink

Yeah.....saw that later.  He has been impressive as a rookie.  Nice pick up there.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote