Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Bud Dupree....
After watching him at UK, I wanted the Bengals to take Dupree in the draft, and said so at the time. It's not so much that I really wanted Dupree to be a Bengal as much as I didn't want him to be a Steeler. The O lineman we took may be the better player, but I have a fear that Dupree is going to be a thorn in the Bengals side for years playing as a Division rival. When the Bengal picked, and the Steelers took Dupree with the very next pick, I had this sinking feeling. I guess we find out in a couple of hours if my forebodings are warranted. Hopefully our O-line can keep Dalton clean all day long......
Reply/Quote
If they could keep him clean versus Mack and Smith of Oakland, Attaochu and Liuget of San Diego, Hali and Houston of KC and Dareus, Hughes, Williams and Williams of Buffalo I don't think we need to be worried about a rookie. He may cause some problems, but I doubt it.
Reply/Quote
Your fear is palpable. Drink some strong coffee to steady your nerves. The good guys are wearing white on white so Andy will stay nice and clean and Gio and Jeremy will run like it's a track meet ..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2015, 11:54 AM)Sled21 Wrote: After watching him at UK, I wanted the Bengals to take Dupree in the draft, and said so at the time. It's not so much that I really wanted Dupree to be a Bengal as much as I didn't want him to be a Steeler. The O lineman we took may be the better player, but I have a fear that Dupree is going to be a thorn in the Bengals side for years playing as a Division rival. When the Bengal picked, and the Steelers took Dupree with the very next pick, I had this sinking feeling. I guess we find out in a couple of hours if my forebodings are warranted. Hopefully our O-line can keep Dalton clean all day long......

Meh, everyone had the same notion with DeCastro and he hasn't been superb by any means. Bud Dupree will be a decent Steeler, but he won't be Troy Polamalu, I wouldn't worry much about it.
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2015, 12:28 PM)grampahol Wrote: Your fear is palpable. Drink some strong coffee to steady your nerves. The good guys are wearing white on white so Andy will stay nice and clean and Gio and Jeremy will run like it's a track meet ..

Damn I hate the white on white unis. :snark:
Reply/Quote
Bud Dupree could end up being a very good player. But it will take a few years to see if we made a bad choice or not.

FYI the Steelers have changed their defensive scheme slightly. They are now letting their DEs play more one-gap instead of two-gap. In a 3-4 scheme the DE usually plays two-gap to free up the LBs. That is why 3-4 DEs get so many sacks. So even if Dupree does not put up big sack numbers like other 3-4 OLBs this might be because he is asked to do more things, like protecting a run gap, than just rushing the QB.
Reply/Quote
Honestly, once they no longer had Dick LeBeau parted ways with Pittsburgh I lost any concern I could possibly muster about Pittsburgh defense regardless the player.

It's no coincidence that last year Tennessee was ranked 27th overall and 29th scoring on defense and now this year with LeBeau they're 5th overall and 15th scoring.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote