Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Budget FAs You Like?
Why teams shouldn’t break the bank on CJ Mosley in free agency

Here was the readers digest version:

In his career-best season from a coverage grade standpoint (2017), Mosley ranked seventh among qualifiers, but he has failed to recreate such a high mark in any other year of his career. His 66.5 coverage grade this past season tied for 17th at the position.

Good, not great coverage and strong run defense at off-ball linebacker can be added to the roster for far less than the price tag likely pinned to Mosley in free agency.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/pro-why-teams-shouldnt-break-the-bank-on-cj-mosley-in-free-agency
Reply/Quote
(03-07-2019, 09:57 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Why teams shouldn’t break the bank on CJ Mosley in free agency

Here was the readers digest version:

In his career-best season from a coverage grade standpoint (2017), Mosley ranked seventh among qualifiers, but he has failed to recreate such a high mark in any other year of his career. His 66.5 coverage grade this past season tied for 17th at the position.

Good, not great coverage and strong run defense at off-ball linebacker can be added to the roster for far less than the price tag likely pinned to Mosley in free agency.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/pro-why-teams-shouldnt-break-the-bank-on-cj-mosley-in-free-agency

I'm also a fan of Corey Littleton.  But, using a PFF article doesn't begin to explain how they get to their numbers on a player.  Personally, I think they are just taking outcomes of a play, adding in a variable or two, and letting the computer do it's work.  That computer is likely not taking into account the other 10 people's jobs on the same side of the ball, etc.  Until they explain how they come to their reasonings on players' performances, I'll remain suspect.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Mike Pennel, NT. 

Not a great pass rush guy, but should be looking to impress the league on a "prove it" sort of deal after the Jets declined his option at 27 years old. Backup NT for hybrid front/goalline stuff. 
Reply/Quote
(03-07-2019, 07:50 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: He's also hurt A LOT.

Who is?

Bucannon has played in 12+ games every season.
Shawn Williams has played in 10+ games every season since he took over as starter.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(03-07-2019, 10:04 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I'm also a fan of Corey Littleton.  But, using a PFF article doesn't begin to explain how they get to their numbers on a player.  Personally, I think they are just taking outcomes of a play, adding in a variable or two, and letting the computer do it's work.  That computer is likely not taking into account the other 10 people's jobs on the same side of the ball, etc.  Until they explain how they come to their reasonings on players' performances, I'll remain suspect.

The PFF HQ is in downtown Cincinnati. I'm sure someone here could go ask them?  Tongue
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Steelers RT Marcus Gilbert is being released per PFT. He's a solid RT when healthy, but has been banged up the last couple of years.
Reply/Quote
G - Chance Warmack

Was the number 10th pick overall coming out of Alabama only 27 years old. He has been a bust so far, figured he will be cheap and worth a flyer. Has good size for a guard which Turner likes maybe another first round reclamation project that the Bengals have gone for in years past.
Reply/Quote
(03-08-2019, 01:36 PM)Whatever Wrote: Steelers RT Marcus Gilbert is being released per PFT.  He's a solid RT when healthy, but has been banged up the last couple of years.

Got traded to Arizona instead.
Reply/Quote
Hey guys, here's a budget TE we can get on the cheap with high upside, potentially all-pro level: Tyler Eifert.
Reply/Quote
My guys at this point...

JuWaun James RT, AJ Cann RG, KJ Wright MIKE backer, Jordan Hicks LB

I do like the thought of Maxx Williams or Verrett but i think we need to concentrate on the right side of the Line and LB first.
Reply/Quote
If they are not an Offensive lineman or a linebacker, I'm not interested in free agents. Except for Cobb, if we could get him I think he would be amazing on the field with Green and Boyd.
Reply/Quote