Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Buffalo Bills have a "substantial interest" in UNC QB Mitchell Trubisky
http://www.wkbw.com/sports/bills/report-bills-have-a-substantial-interest-in-unc-qb-mitchell-trubisky

https://tipofthetower.com/2017/04/18/buffalo-bills-rumors-mitchell-trubisky/

Looks like, if Mitch is still there at 9, we will be getting some phone calls.

If the Bills want Mitch and the Browns want Mitch, the Browns will need to either take him at 1 or trade ahead of the Bills in order to get their QB.

There are currently, according to most, 8, maybe 9, elite prospects in this draft:
Myles Garrett
Solomon Thomas
Leonard Fournette
Malik Hooker
Jamal Adams
Marcus Lattimore
Johnathan Allen
Arguably Reuben Foster
Arguably O.J. Howard

We happen to be sitting in the perfect spot to overtake Buffalo while simultaneously not having a super high priority target that we expect to fall to us, especially if the top 8 are those 8 elite prospects, as many are projecting in mock drafts.

What do you think of trading down to 12 (or maybe down to 10 just so Buffalo can secure Mitch) and picking up a 3rd rounder for our troubles?

I think that could really open up our options of who to select.
Reply/Quote
(04-20-2017, 12:01 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: http://www.wkbw.com/sports/bills/report-bills-have-a-substantial-interest-in-unc-qb-mitchell-trubisky

If the Bills want Mitch and the Browns want Mitch, the Browns will need to either take him at 1 or trade ahead of the Bills in order to get their QB.

There are currently, according to most, 8, maybe 9, elite prospects in this draft:
Myles Garrett
Solomon Thomas
Leonard Fournette
Malik Hooker
Jamal Adams
Marcus Lattimore
Johnathan Allen
Arguably Reuben Foster
Arguably O.J. Howard

We happen to be sitting in the perfect spot to overtake Buffalo while simultaneously not having a super high priority target that we expect to fall to us, especially if the top 8 are those 8 elite prospects, as many are projecting in mock drafts.

What do you think of trading down to 12 (or maybe down to 10 just so Buffalo can secure Mitch) and picking up a 3rd rounder for our troubles?

I saw this also. The Bills could also out bid the Browns and we just switch 9 for 10 which works really well if we have 1 non QB player till sitting at 9.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
They are also linked to Watson. 9 may be a powder keg spot to get the 1-3 ranked qbs. It all depends on when and where the first one goes. And there are more than 8 elite prospects in the draft.

Would love to get pick 33 and keep aj for another deal

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(04-20-2017, 12:26 PM)BenZoo2 Wrote: They are also linked to Watson.  9 may be a powder keg spot to get the 1-3 ranked qbs.  It all depends on when and where the first one goes.  And there are more than 8 elite prospects in the draft.  

Who do you feel I left out of the elite prospects?
Reply/Quote
(04-20-2017, 12:40 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: Who do you feel I left out of the elite prospects?

You included most, if not all the top ones. On Espn's draft home page the have the top 32 prospects. A score of 90 or above is considered an elite prospect. I think they have 22 players with a score of 90 or higher.

William Jackson was the last player drafted last year with a score of 90.

Reply/Quote
(04-20-2017, 12:01 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: http://www.wkbw.com/sports/bills/report-bills-have-a-substantial-interest-in-unc-qb-mitchell-trubisky

Myles Garrett
Solomon Thomas
Leonard Fournette
Malik Hooker
Jamal Adams
Marcus Lattimore
Johnathan Allen
Arguably Reuben Foster
Arguably O.J. Howard

IMO it would be a mistake to pass on Garrett if you're the Browns. Take Garrett at 1, trade up from 12 to 9 to get Trubisky before Buffalo takes him. If that doesn't happen and I'm the Browns, I'm taking a receiver at 12 and attempting to trade #33 (and possibly more) to the Bengals for McCarron.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(04-20-2017, 12:26 PM)BenZoo2 Wrote: They are also linked to Watson.  9 may be a powder keg spot to get the 1-3 ranked qbs.  It all depends on when and where the first one goes.  And there are more than 8 elite prospects in the draft.  

I would trade down with Arizona, who apparently has big time interest in Mahomes.  You have to assume the Jets or 49'ers will go QB.  That leaves two top prospects left.  Arizona takes one, and the Bills get the other.  Then you call Cleveland and Houston and tell them you won't trade AJ for less than a 1st in this year's draft and see who blinks.
Reply/Quote
(04-20-2017, 12:44 PM)BenZoo2 Wrote: You included most, if not all the top ones.  On Espn's draft home page the have the top 32 prospects.  A score of 90 or above is considered an elite prospect.  I think they have 22 players with a score of 90 or higher.  

William Jackson was the last player drafted last year with a score of 90.

I don't believe there are 20 elite prospects in any draft and many of them don't come from the first round as the draft board would make you think they would.
Reply/Quote
(04-20-2017, 02:53 PM)Au165 Wrote: I don't believe there are 20 elite prospects in any draft and many of them don't come from the first round as the draft board would make you think they would.

I only referenced that as framework of elite prospects. There are 10 with a score of 90. Corey Davis, John Ross and Kevin king cone to mind. Garnett was highest at 95. Adams and Allen are both at 93. 6 at 91.

Reply/Quote
(04-20-2017, 03:10 PM)BenZoo2 Wrote: I only referenced that as framework of elite prospects.  There are 10 with a score of 90.  Corey Davis, John Ross and Kevin king cone to mind.  Garnett was highest at 95.  Adams and Allen are both at 93.  6 at 91.  

Maybe, I would guess on most teams big board there aren't nearly that many "elite" guys. I heard an interview the other day that said there were 6-8 guys on most teams board then the next tier had 20-30 they all felt were similar. A lot of teams want to slide back because of the depth.
Reply/Quote
If it's me, I'm not helping the Browns find their QB without getting a king's ransom in return. I would be totally on board with helping another team take the QB the Browns want.

It would be nice to be sitting in the catbird's seat.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
The problem is that we already have 11 picks and they will never make the team. I would rather use them to trade up for more picks and better quality. If you can parlay that extra 3rd round pick with others to move up and get another 2nd that would be fine by me.
Reply/Quote
(04-20-2017, 05:38 PM)yang Wrote: The problem is that we already have 11 picks and they will never make the team.  I would rather use them to trade up for more picks and better quality.   If you can parlay that extra 3rd round pick with others to move up and get another 2nd that would be fine by me.

It's okay if all your picks don't make the team. What it does is give you right of first refusal on these guys.
Reply/Quote
(04-20-2017, 05:47 PM)Au165 Wrote: It's okay if all your picks don't make the team. What it does is give you right of first refusal on these guys.

Well, then we could always trade back till we only had 27 7th round picks and get first look at a lot of people! 
Reply/Quote
(04-20-2017, 06:47 PM)yang Wrote: Well, then we could always trade back till we only had 27 7th round picks and get first look at a lot of people! 

Nothing quite like a straw man argument. Always a classic.
Reply/Quote