Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Buffalo Sunday Weather
About an inch of snow in the afternoon and temps in the low 30's. For now, doesn't look like it will impact the game much. Winds are less than originally predicted.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
(01-21-2023, 03:41 AM)guyofthetiger Wrote: About an inch of snow in the afternoon and temps in the low 30's. For now, doesn't look like it will impact the game much. Winds are less than originally predicted.

I'm still seeing one to three inches of snow, temps in low 30s, which is what is in the other two threads on this topic.

I use accuweather.com. It is headquartered in State College, PA area and generally is quite accurate for surrounding areas, including Buffalo. For several days it has had winds of just 6 mph, with wind gusts of up to 8 mph, and the snow starting in low morning and coming down for about 9 to 10 hours.  
Reply/Quote
(01-21-2023, 05:03 AM)Nepa Wrote: I'm still seeing one to three inches of snow, temps in low 30s, which is what is in the other two threads on this topic.

I use accuweather.com. It is headquartered in State College, PA area and generally is quite accurate for surrounding areas, including Buffalo. For several days it has had winds of just 6 mph, with wind gusts of up to 8 mph, and the snow starting in low morning and coming down for about 9 to 10 hours.  

I'm actually hoping for a snow game. Been a while watching a game with a white field. Would mean a lot of running.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
(01-21-2023, 05:34 AM)guyofthetiger Wrote: I'm actually hoping for a snow game. Been a while watching a game with a white field. Would mean a lot of running.

Interesting, do you think we run better than Buffalo? As far as I can tell they're both pretty meh.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-21-2023, 07:02 AM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: Interesting, do you think we run better than Buffalo? As far as I can tell they're both pretty meh.

I agree they are pretty even in the run game. Burrow and Allen are great passers and this would be interesting. Would boil down to defense which we would win.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
(01-21-2023, 05:34 AM)guyofthetiger Wrote: I'm actually hoping for a snow game. Been a while watching a game with a white field. Would mean a lot of running.

Global warming in effect my friend, it rained here all week... in January.

I like the snow games as well, even though i have to sit in it.

I do doubt the snow will change many pass plays to run plays though, both teams would be doing themselves a disservice and snow isn't much of a factor. Wind is a bigger culprit and like you said less than 10 mph is next to nothing around here.
Reply/Quote
(01-21-2023, 07:31 AM)guyofthetiger Wrote: I agree they are pretty even in the run game. Burrow and Allen are great passers and this would be interesting. Would boil down to defense which we would win.

Honestly, i like Mixon, but everything else being equal i don't think you would want run game vs. run game. 

I don't care for Singletary (just a guy) but James Cook, Dalvin Cook's little brother, is dynamic and has really been running with confidence lately. I get angry every time the offense gets away from keeping him involved.
Reply/Quote
Maybe getting traction and footing could be an issue.
Reply/Quote
(01-21-2023, 09:38 AM)BillsGuy1986 Wrote: Global warming in effect my friend, it rained here all week... in January.

I like the snow games as well, even though i have to sit in it.

I do doubt the snow will change many pass plays to run plays though, both teams would be doing themselves a disservice and snow isn't much of a factor. Wind is a bigger culprit and like you said less than 10 mph is next to nothing around here.

Too bad global warming couldn’t save the 47 people who just died in the blizzard that hit Buffalo. It would have been nice if global warming have prevented the -8 degree weather in Cincinnati last month too.
Reply/Quote
I think the game should be moved to Detroit. Sarcasm

Anyway, the latest Accuweather forecast is that the snow will begin at 1pm with the temperature about 36 degrees at that time, and 34 degrees at 3pm and 32 degrees at 6pm. The expectation is 1 to 3 inches (20% chance of 3 to 6 inches), with most falling between 3pm and 6pm, which is exactly during the game.

Winds only 6mph and gusting only to 8 mph.

Good football weather.

And maybe the Bengals white uniforms will provide some Bengal white camouflage if most of the snow indeed comes during the 3 hours of the game. (wishful thinking)
Reply/Quote
(01-21-2023, 11:05 AM)C0de_M0nkey Wrote: Too bad global warming couldn’t save the 47 people who just died in the blizzard that hit Buffalo. It would have been nice if global warming have prevented the -8 degree weather in Cincinnati last month too.

You need to take your talents to the P&R forum with solid gold take.
Reply/Quote