Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Buffalo Wings and Rings
So the wife and I were in Piqua, OH the other day and as we were driving out of the mall, there was a Buffalo Wings and Rings restaurant. It's probably been there 5-6 yrs but we've always avoided it because we just thought it was a knockoff of Buffalo Wild Wings. We have been to Buffalo Wild Wings several times and every time leave disappointed. Beer glasses smell like moldy rags and anytime we've ordered food there we've not felt the greatest after. Almost like they should have thrown out the grease 3 days ago. Floor sticky, waitresses too millennial to know that customer service actually means tending to the customer instead of chatting it up and trying to land some "D" from someone that looks like they have tons of cash. I doubt all Buffalo Wild Wings are like ours in Greenville, OH, but, the experience really keeps us from going to others. Plus I hate the Gnats flying around. The only reason I will stop in is because other restaurants are crouded and also because they have Texas Hold'em on those little bar tablet thingy's.

So back to Buffalo Wings and Rings. Walked in, a lot of TV's and a lot of table and booths. Bar was much smaller than Buffalo Wild Wings. We sat in a booth and looked at the menu and were a little impressed with what they had to offer. Staff was very attentive and polite. Beer was cold. I was really liking this place. So, as I look at the menu, I actually settled for a hamburger (it was only 2pm so not ready for a big meal). I ordered the Bella Burger. Good Lord, when they brought it to me, I took a bite and was in heaven. Best friggin burger I ever eating, I MEAN EVER!

I can't remember what my wife ordered but I know she enjoyed hers very much as well. And get this, when I bit into the burger? It was friggin HOT! It didn't sit on a counter for 5 minutes waiting for someone to pick up. Goodness is was awesome. Cooked perfectly. 

So, if you ever see a Buffalo Wings and Rings restaurant, give it a try. As for price, it's avg. Not costing next weeks paycheck, but also not priced like McDonalds value menu. I highly recommend it. Even though I've only been once, Going to go out on that limb.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
My only visit to a Buffalo Wings and Rings was the one in Grovetucky Oh, on the SE edge of Columbus, about 10 years ago. I, like yourself, remember having an overall good experience there. Also like yourself, I walked in thinking it was just going to be a BW3 knockoff, I was impressed with the overall cleanliness, coldness of the beer, and the friendly, upbeat attitude of the staff. Oh, biggest surprise was that the wings were so much better than B-dubs.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Back when I was about 14 or so we had one in my hometown of Erlanger in NKY. Mind you, this was 27 years ago and chicken wings were not really what they are now. They were still cheap and they weren't on restaurant menus everywhere like they are now. I'd never eaten a "buffalo wing" and I didn't have a clue what they were.

They opened in a place that was basically one of those buildings that was once a chain restaurant, but became a rotating series of places that never lasted.

They were pretty awesome, TBH. It wasn't fancy like it is now with the TVs and big bar. It was just a place with 900 different kinds of fried food on the menu and a few tables. FWIW, I think they were even better then.
Reply/Quote
(08-05-2018, 04:38 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: So the wife and I were in Piqua, OH the other day and as we were driving out of the mall, there was a Buffalo Wings and Rings restaurant. It's probably been there 5-6 yrs but we've always avoided it because we just thought it was a knockoff of Buffalo Wild Wings. We have been to Buffalo Wild Wings several times and every time leave disappointed. Beer glasses smell like moldy rags and anytime we've ordered food there we've not felt the greatest after. Almost like they should have thrown out the grease 3 days ago. Floor sticky, waitresses too millennial to know that customer service actually means tending to the customer instead of chatting it up and trying to land some "D" from someone that looks like they have tons of cash. I doubt all Buffalo Wild Wings are like ours in Greenville, OH, but, the experience really keeps us from going to others. Plus I hate the Gnats flying around. The only reason I will stop in is because other restaurants are crouded and also because they have Texas Hold'em on those little bar tablet thingy's.

So back to Buffalo Wings and Rings. Walked in, a lot of TV's and a lot of table and booths. Bar was much smaller than Buffalo Wild Wings. We sat in a booth and looked at the menu and were a little impressed with what they had to offer. Staff was very attentive and polite. Beer was cold. I was really liking this place. So, as I look at the menu, I actually settled for a hamburger (it was only 2pm so not ready for a big meal). I ordered the Bella Burger. Good Lord, when they brought it to me, I took a bite and was in heaven. Best friggin burger I ever eating, I MEAN EVER!

I can't remember what my wife ordered but I know she enjoyed hers very much as well. And get this, when I bit into the burger? It was friggin HOT! It didn't sit on a counter for 5 minutes waiting for someone to pick up. Goodness is was awesome. Cooked perfectly. 

So, if you ever see a Buffalo Wings and Rings restaurant, give it a try. As for price, it's avg. Not costing next weeks paycheck, but also not priced like McDonalds value menu. I highly recommend it. Even though I've only been once, Going to go out on that limb.

Will have to give it a try sometime. 

Not a huge fan of B-Dubs either and usually opt for Rooster's instead.  

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(08-05-2018, 04:38 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: So the wife and I were in Piqua, OH the other day and as we were driving out of the mall, there was a Buffalo Wings and Rings restaurant. It's probably been there 5-6 yrs but we've always avoided it because we just thought it was a knockoff of Buffalo Wild Wings. We have been to Buffalo Wild Wings several times and every time leave disappointed. Beer glasses smell like moldy rags and anytime we've ordered food there we've not felt the greatest after. Almost like they should have thrown out the grease 3 days ago. Floor sticky, waitresses too millennial to know that customer service actually means tending to the customer instead of chatting it up and trying to land some "D" from someone that looks like they have tons of cash. I doubt all Buffalo Wild Wings are like ours in Greenville, OH, but, the experience really keeps us from going to others. Plus I hate the Gnats flying around. The only reason I will stop in is because other restaurants are crouded and also because they have Texas Hold'em on those little bar tablet thingy's.

I see that joint every time we're at the inlaws'......gonna have to give it a shot. :andy:

They must be gaining a following up there, because there are two in southern Kentucky, and they're both by major lakes. One in London, the other in Somerset......catering to the Buckeye Navy I suppose.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
They have one in Oakley Station.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
we had one in Lebanon for a while... Agree its much better than BW3s
Reply/Quote
Well, we were in Richmond, IN last week and we went to the mall (malls are falling off and this one might not last much longer). We were like the only people in the place (except for the workers on top of the roof still repairing the damage from the tornado several weeks ago). But as we are in there, I remember my wife telling me that she really wished to try that burger I had at Buffalo wings and rings when we went (don’t know why the Ho didn’t ask for a bite because we often share food).

I googled it and for sure, there was a BW&R in Richmond (right off the interstate, but not the easiest to find because it sits down a road behind McDonalds). So we went in and grabbed a pub table in the bar area, got our menus and ordered our beer. I was a little nervous hoping the wife would have a good experience. I mean, the place was clean, people polite, etc. I just wanted her to enjoy the experience (I don’t think she had a beer the first time and she was going to try the burger I’ve praised for awhile). So as we looked at the menu and were sipping our beers (delicious by the way and very cold), the waitress comes up to take our order, but as my wife is ordering the Bella burger, she asks the waitress if she can leave the garlic aioli sauce off (omg, omg, omg, omg, WTF don’t say shit dog, just wag your tail and love her).

Soooooooooooo, I ordered a Mexican-Cado burger (Creamy Mexican Panela cheese, avocado, fresh jalapenos, chipotle aioli, cilantro; served on a brioche bun). Then we waited about maybe 12-15 minutes and our orders arrived.

We cut our burgers and shared. Her burger seemed a little dull without the sauce, but the actual burger itself was amazing. She loved it too. As for mine, I wasn’t amazed at the flavor combinations (I’m a smoker so that may have something to do with it) but again, that burger didn’t disappoint. I probably won’t order that specific style of burger again, but the next time we are in those towns, I know where we’re eating. Between her meal and mine plus 3 tall drafts, the bill was about $34 minus tip.

Again, I give this place my ThumbsUp

Reply/Quote
I'll have to try it.

I've never been a fan of B dubs, don't like their food at all.
Reply/Quote

The wife and i probably eat BW3/BWR 70/30ish. I like the grilled wings at BWR and she LOVES the cauliflower wings. Sometimes goes out of her way to get them on the way home from work. Black and blue burger is good and i like the seasoned potato wedges. BW3 is a staple and i don't know that i've ever had a bad experience food-wise there. The Buffalo Ranch chicken sandwich is super messy but super good.

I refuse to go the the one in Florence for UK games though. That place is super bad luck and the crowd is annoying. Strange thing is though...we went there for the sweet 16 against UCLA a couple years back and they won that game. It was at night though. 

Every BWR and BW3 i've been to around here has been clean. 

P.S. A little tip. If you go to BW3 and get boneless wings...get them plain with sauce and ranch on the side and dip them that way. Much better than the soggy things they bring out if you don't. I switched to boneless a while back because there's more meat to eat.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote