Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Buffalo game predictions
I know it’s early but…..What are your predictions for next week?

I hope my prediction is right cause we would at least be able to move the ball with our banged up line. I think next weeks game against Buffalo will be the highest scoring divisional round game ever! Maybe the highest scoring post season game ever.

Lol kinda hope it’s wrong also, hope our D shuts them down.
Reply/Quote
Carl Cheffers will be the ref. He's always come off as an arrogant goober to me. Mellow
Reply/Quote
I’ll say 34-27 Bengals. I honestly have no idea on the score. Games have been all over the place this year score wise, but I do think we win. The o line is a huge concern though. I’m also worried about the refs. Felt like I saw some truly horrible officiating all weekend long. Does not give me confidence moving forward.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2023, 09:58 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: I’ll say 34-27 Bengals. I honestly have no idea on the score. Games have been all over the place this year score wise, but I do think we win. The o line is a huge concern though. I’m also worried about the refs. Felt like I saw some truly horrible officiating all weekend long. Does not give me confidence moving forward.

Yeah, both teams have o-line concerns. Ours is banged up, theirs is struggling.
Reply/Quote
Bengals are plus 6 in turnovers. Buffalo is net zero.
Reply/Quote
I wish it were in Cincy

That said, it gives me more confidence watching the Tua-less Fins giving them all they could handle for 3 quarters.
Reply/Quote
I look for the league to get the result it wants in this one. On to Atlanta for the league's Superbowl before the Superbowl and the feel good Hamlin saga serving as the emotional backdrop.
"Knowledge is preferable to ignorance. Better by far to embrace the hard truth than a reassuring fable. "
---CARL SAGAN
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2023, 10:10 PM)Whacked Wrote: I wish it were in Cincy

That said, it gives me more confidence watching the Tua-less Fins giving them all they could handle for 3 quarters.

Yeah... Buffalo didn't look great yesterday, but our boys didn't impress me either. Part of me thinks divisional familiarity played a role in both games. I just feel like 17 offensive points ain't gonna get it done next Sunday. Our D didn't impress me for a majority of the game either.

Josh Allen is a bad MFer, but our guy is better (I said it) so advantage us at the most important position. We HAVE to be better than last night though.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Josh Allen is a turnover machine. We should get 2-3.
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2023, 10:19 PM)jason Wrote: Yeah... Buffalo didn't look great yesterday, but our boys didn't impress me either. Part of me thinks divisional familiarity played a role in both games. I just feel like 17 offensive points ain't gonna get it done next Sunday. Our D didn't impress me for a majority of the game either.

Josh Allen is a bad MFer, but our guy is better (I said it) so advantage us at the most important position. We HAVE to be better than last night though.

I’m w ya man
Reply/Quote
30-27 Bengals on a 60 yd game winning FG by Evan

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
A messy win. Turnovers and hard hits and injuries for both. We give up some big plays, sacks and don't run efficiently but enough to keep the Bills honest. They go with lots of check downs to Perine and Hurst in the 2nd half. The game comes down to Taylor trusting McPherson on a few long kicks vs giving Allen a shorter field. Evan gets it done with say two over 50. Cincy wins 27-25.
Reply/Quote
Both these teams have the ability to hang 30 and both these teams have the ability to have a clunker.

This might be one of the best match-ups of the playoffs honestly, especially when you look at how many common opponents they had this year and the wins both teams were able to put up.

This is the kind of game that comes down to one play. A late turnover which would favor the Bengals with their defense or a critical FG/XP miss that would favor the Bills as Mac has been a little less money recently.

Either way, this is the AFC Championship game (unless the Jags go full Cinderella and knock off KC) since both team already handle KC once this year. I'd prefer to see the injury reports develop more before making a pick on this game since I truly think it'll be that close.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
My prediction is that I will still be angry on Sunday because the league did not make the same rule modifications for the Bengals that they made for the Bills. Neutral site or even a coin flip was more obvious for this game than the potential KC/Buffalo game.

Hope they crush the Bills - Bengals got screwed for being classy throughout this whole situation so yes, I will be rooting for KC if Buffalo beats us.
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2023, 10:57 PM)Clark W Griswold Wrote: My prediction is that I will still be angry on Sunday because the league did not make the same rule modifications for the Bengals that they made for the Bills. Neutral site or even a coin flip was more obvious for this game than the potential KC/Buffalo game.

Hope they crush the Bills - Bengals got screwed for being classy throughout this whole situation so yes, I will be rooting for KC if Buffalo beats us.

Bengals win. Jaguars upset the Chiefs. The AFC Championship will be in the Jungle.
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2023, 09:09 PM)TKUHL Wrote: I know it’s early but…..What are your predictions for next week?

I hope my prediction is right cause we would at least be able to move the ball with our banged up line. I think next weeks game against Buffalo will be the highest scoring divisional round game ever! Maybe the highest scoring post season game ever.

Lol kinda hope it’s wrong also, hope our D shuts them down.

Highly doubt the scoring is going to be higher than the Divisional round last year 36-42 between Bills-KC

That said I think we handle business o-line and all included. We won't face a tougher front than the Ravens nor as good a running game as them. We are going to need Eli Apple to man up. Can't have the blown coverage like last night.

Bengals win by 6, 24-30.
Reply/Quote
Let’s hope Eli doesnt bite on any double moves by Diggs
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2023, 10:57 PM)Clark W Griswold Wrote: My prediction is that I will still be angry on Sunday because the league did not make the same rule modifications for the Bengals that they made for the Bills. Neutral site or even a coin flip was more obvious for this game than the potential KC/Buffalo game.

NEVER
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
I think the Bills will beat the Bengals in a close one. Bills 31 Bengals 27
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
Gonna be some Buffalo fans on here trying to gauge our fanbase, so I want to attempt to keep this fair and realistic.

Allen is more dynamic than Burrow but more turnover prone. Like really turnover prone. And the Bengals D has really capitalized on those opportunities.

The Bills pass rushers are big and physical, rather than speed rushers. Miller being out and has really diminished their pass rush. I actually think there's a chance Carman could hold up because he's very big and powerful. Maybe a bad matchup for Adeniji as he susceptible to getting bulled. Oliver on the interior has plenty of juice too. Can't have a 5-6 sack game, or a bunch of penalties from the crowd noise. The Bills offense is too dynamic to waste a bunch of possessions.

Edmunds and Milano are really good. They're going to limit yards on check downs and force Joe to push it down field. Poyer is dealing with some physical issues and Hyde won't be back yet. You can make plays down the field. And the Bengals will have to. The Bills have dealt with adversity with injuries on D. Have to exploit that.

I think the Bengals will hold up on D. I expect the Bills to get theirs, as their a really good offense, but I expect the Bengals DLine to cause some havoc and Lou to confuse Allen a bit with the looks he gives.

My prediction? I'd never pick against Joe Burrow. This will be a tough game, and Burrow is going to have to make a bunch of plays for the Bengals to win. And I expect them to. Say 27-24 on a last second field goal from McPherson.
Reply/Quote