Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Buffalo on the Horizon
Buffalo will be a tough place to play and could very well be our first defeat. Only saying that because I lived in Rochester for a long time and had to listen to Bills fans. The Bengals always seemed to have a tough time there. We won the last time there, but it took OT. Don't sleep on the Bills or view this game as a gimme.
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2015, 08:19 PM)Beaker Wrote: Buffalo will be a tough place to play and could very well be our first defeat. Only saying that because I lived in Rochester for a long time and had to listen to Bills fans. The Bengals always seemed to have a tough time there. We won the last time there, but it took OT. Don't sleep on the Bills or view this game as a gimme.

Honestly who would view them as a gimme? That defense is very strong. 

On the plus side they have no McCoy and may be without K. Williams next week so we will be in much better shape with them missing those 2 and starting Herron.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2015, 08:19 PM)Beaker Wrote: Buffalo will be a tough place to play and could very well be our first defeat. Only saying that because I lived in Rochester for a long time and had to listen to Bills fans. The Bengals always seemed to have a tough time there. We won the last time there, but it took OT. Don't sleep on the Bills or view this game as a gimme.

I actually picked them as our first loss in a thread about it.  They just have our number in general.  What would really bother me about it would be hearing Rex Ryan talk about it the rest of the season.
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2015, 08:22 PM)BobJones4980 Wrote: Honestly who would view them as a gimme? That defense is very strong. 

On the plus side they have no McCoy and may be without K. Williams next week so we will be in much better shape with them missing those 2 and starting Herron.

Boom torched us the last time we faced him.
Reply/Quote
I like our chances. The last Rex Ryan defense we went up against, we beat like a rented mule. As long as Taylor doesn't run all over us, this game is ours.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(10-11-2015, 08:23 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: Boom torched us the last time we faced him.

Paulie G need to have some good ol fashion Zimmer tackling drills this week.
Reply/Quote
Some run blocking drills for sure, we're missing Burfict.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Taylor only threw for 140 yards and Harron only ran for 28 on 9 carries against Tennessee. This ain't a powerhouse offense. Their D is pretty good, but ain't no legion of doom.
We go 6-0.
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(10-11-2015, 08:23 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: Boom torched us the last time we faced him.
And playing in Indy.. Buffalo doesn't have Luck to draw the defense deep into coverage every play ..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
I know Buffalo didn't look good today, but they were missing their top 2 RBs and top WR.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
I feel much better about the Buffalo game than I did after week one. Taylor isn't looking as good as he did early and McCoy won't be in. I suppose that means little after watching the Bengals give up 160 plus to a 3rd string RB, but I wasn't looking forward to facing Shady either way. Buffalo's line should be a hair better than Seattle, too.

Stopping the Bills pass rush will be the biggest key. With Hill not quite looking himself and the offense riding on Dalton's arm, any team that gets to the qb will be dangerous to us. Either way, I think Buffalo is a team the Bengals should be able to handle.
Reply/Quote
I am feeling in my heart that we are due for a blow out. As in, we blow Buffalo out. I just think we are the better team right now. Buffalo's D is not as good as Seattle's and I don't see us going down by 17. The Bills have beat Indy, Miami, and the Titans. Plus their 2 losses have come at home. i feel like 6-0 is reachable.
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2015, 08:32 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: I know Buffalo didn't look good today, but they were missing their top 2 RBs and top WR.

And very well may be missing the same next week. 
Reply/Quote
I suppose the Rex Ryan factor worries me, too. He's a blowhard, but he's alway's seemed to be excellent at motivating his team to get up for big games. His player, especially his defensive guys pretty much love him due to his aggression.

I think a guy like that would do anything to knock off an undefeated team on his hime field. It's going to be a crazy game, for sure.
Reply/Quote
Some no name guy just ran for 160 yards on us.

Glad we won and there are many GREAT SB-caliber qualities about this team BUT we have work to do and things to clean up.

Dennard looks awful and lost too.
Reply/Quote
We beat the Bills and it won't be close
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote

It will be tough on the road against a good defensive coach.
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2015, 09:12 PM)BobJones4980 Wrote: And very well may be missing the same next week. 

Which I would greatly appreciate. 
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2015, 08:27 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Some run blocking drills for sure, we're missing Burfict.

Praying Burfict's back healthy, and smarter. Our run D is well ummm suspect.

To the OP, no doubt. Bills have a good D and Our record against them is awful.
Reply/Quote
I thought it was good Seattle didn't have Lynch, and then this no-name comes out and runs like 160 yards on us? I wouldn't dismiss anyone's run game against us with our tackling issues right now.
[Image: d1id.png]
Reply/Quote