Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Buffalo to release Mario Willliams
(01-04-2016, 03:19 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: yeah he was great for the bills till Rex's D was installed.

That's not Rex's fault. It's Kim Pegula's fault for hiring the coach she chose.
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2016, 06:11 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: That's not Rex's fault.  It's Kim Pegula's fault for hiring the coach she chose.

It's not Rex's fault for failing to adjust to the talent he has? That seems like a coaching error.

If he wants his to keep his scheme that's fine, but he needs to wait until can build the roster for it.
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2015, 07:10 PM)J24 Wrote: What happened to the Bills pass rush this season?

Called overrated Rex Ryan.... Marvin Lewis is a way better overall head coach... Rex has not had a winning record in the last 5 seasons where as Marvin has had two titles and a winning record every season in last 5 years
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2016, 09:02 PM)blt4584 Wrote: It's not Rex's fault for failing to adjust to the talent he has? That seems like a coaching error.

If he wants his to keep his scheme that's fine, but he needs to wait until can build the roster for it.

The bills owner decided this was the style she wanted. So she hired the coach she wanted. If you have 4-3 personnel then it's probably not wise to hire a 3-4 coach.
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2016, 09:50 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: The bills owner decided this was the style she wanted.   So she hired the coach she wanted.  If you have 4-3 personnel then it's probably not wise to hire a 3-4 coach.

And why is Mario Williams supposed to want to stay there?
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2016, 11:08 PM)Nately120 Wrote: And why is Mario Williams supposed to want to stay there?

No one said he had to stay there. Just ask to be released or he can retire. The thing is you do it as a professional. Not whine through the media and public.
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2016, 12:34 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: No one said he had to stay there.   Just ask to be released or he can retire.   The thing is you do it as a professional.    Not whine through the media and public.

So just pretend everything is awesome on the surface while you do anything possible behind the scenes to get out of dodge?  Ida know, it all seems so disingenuous for the sake of "saving face" of those who are screwing things up.  I get what you are saying about airing grievances in the proper forum, or not at all, but I'm also sick of the whole PC load of pap players and coaches give on a weekly basis.

I suppose I'm a bit more bemused when players say the "right thing" and then do the opposite. QB talks about how awesome the system is and how much he wants to stick around while the OC is getting fired (he then says the new OC is awesome) and he isn't singing a long-term deal because he wants to see if another franchise will give him a better deal, etc. If Mario Williams thinks the scheme stinks and wants out of Buffalo he may as well say it instead of puffing up Rex and the owners during a season that is a step backwards.

I'm personally a fan of players who will at least break out of that "saying nothing for fear of rocking any sort of boat" mold, because that's predictable and boring.
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2016, 07:14 PM)Nately120 Wrote: So just pretend everything is awesome on the surface while you do anything possible behind the scenes to get out of dodge?  Ida know, it all seems so disingenuous for the sake of "saving face" of those who are screwing things up.  I get what you are saying about airing grievances in the proper forum, or not at all, but I'm also sick of the whole PC load of pap players and coaches give on a weekly basis.

I suppose I'm a bit more bemused when players say the "right thing" and then do the opposite.  QB talks about how awesome the system is and how much he wants to stick around while the OC is getting fired (he then says the new OC is awesome) and he isn't singing a long-term deal because he wants to see if another franchise will give him a better deal, etc.  If Mario Williams thinks the scheme stinks and wants out of Buffalo he may as well say it instead of puffing up Rex and the owners during a season that is a step backwards.

I'm personally a fan of players who will at least break out of that "saying nothing for fear of rocking any sort of boat" mold, because that's predictable and boring.

So when your upset at your job do you rip your bosses on social media and refer to their decisions as incompetent?

Just because Mario williams is a professional football player doesn't mean he shouldn't be held to the same standard of being a pro.
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2016, 10:51 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: So when your upset at your job do you rip your bosses on social media and refer to their decisions as incompetent?    

Just because Mario williams is a professional football player doesn't mean he shouldn't be held to the same standard of being a pro.

No I don't, but I'm not someone who is deemed worthy of making tens of millions of dollars and holding a job few people on earth have.  If the market deems me to be a top-tier whatever it is I do and I'm not digging the way the organization is being run I would say that I might make some noise.   Then again, if I'm the 3rd string punter for the Bills and they tell me to punt it backwards I say "Yes sir!" and do it.
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2016, 11:53 PM)Nately120 Wrote: No I don't, but I'm not someone who is deemed worthy of making tens of millions of dollars and holding a job few people on earth have.  If the market deems me to be a top-tier whatever it is I do and I'm not digging the way the organization is being run I would say that I might make some noise.   Then again, if I'm the 3rd string punter for the Bills and they tell me to punt it backwards I say "Yes sir!" and do it.

Salary shouldn't matter .... Either you are a team player or not..... The rules aren't different for Professional athletes... If you are a teacher and bad mouth the administration then you wil face the consequences.

Not seeing why you think it's ok to be unprofessional.
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2016, 01:30 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Not seeing why you think it's ok to be unprofessional.

Mostly because Rex showed up and mucked things up.  I'm not sure if I see it as unprofessional to call out a big ol' goofus who stinks at his job when he rolls into your organization and screws things up.  
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2016, 02:44 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Mostly because Rex showed up and mucked things up.  I'm not sure if I see it as unprofessional to call out a big ol' goofus who stinks at his job when he rolls into your organization and screws things up.  

While many players may agree with you Mario will not get another NFL contract from another player.

GMs and owners decide who to sign and pay, and they don't care for players who blame their poor production on coaches in public.  If Mario wants another good contract he needs to impress owners and GMs, not other players.

Didn't Mario miss some time with injury this year?  Maybe that had something to do with him going from 15 sacks last year to just 5 in 2015.

Hard to believe that a freak like Mario only had 15 tackles this year.  He used to be one of the true best of the best.
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2016, 02:44 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Mostly because Rex showed up and mucked things up.  I'm not sure if I see it as unprofessional to call out a big ol' goofus who stinks at his job when he rolls into your organization and screws things up.  

Rex was hired by the owner. They knew the style of football he ran. Mario complaining is as bad as Michigan people upset at Rich Rod. When you implement a new system it takes some adjustment. If buffalo wanted a seemless transition they should have hired Schwartz or someone who would have kept him . Like Hue.

In the meantime Mario should man up and be a professional.
Reply/Quote
Ok good point. Mario should keep his mouth shut and cash checks. That's about as respectable as that situation is going to get.
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2016, 06:21 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Ok good point.  Mario should keep his mouth shut and cash checks.  That's about as respectable as that situation is going to get.

Tell the coach and GM to cut or trade him. No reason to complain to the media or public. They can't do anything about it anyway.
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2016, 02:29 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Tell the coach and GM to cut or trade him.   No reason to complain to the media or public.   They can't do anything about it anyway.

He may very well have said something to them and they just continued being incompetent dopes.  
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2016, 06:50 PM)Nately120 Wrote: He may very well have said something to them and they just continued being incompetent dopes.  

Then he could always retire until his contract was up. Or give back part of his signing bonus to get released. But no, let's go the unprofessional route.
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2016, 07:42 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Then he could always retire until his contract was up.   Or give back part of his signing bonus to get released.    But no, let's go the unprofessional route.

Meh, doesn't seem like the Bills' owner and Rex are really deserving of respect.  
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2016, 03:00 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Meh, doesn't seem like the Bills' owner and Rex are really deserving of respect.  

Well that's why he is a low character guy. No matter what you think of your employer. You should at least respect them while you are employed.
Reply/Quote