Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Build your SB Team
(01-10-2018, 03:10 AM)pulses Wrote: I'd take Eddie Brown over Curtis all day....people forget how good Brown was.  almost 6200 yards in 7 seasons and retired way too early. Still has the highest YPC in a season with minimum 50 receptions. He averaged 24.0 per catch in 1988.      53 for 1273 and 9 TD's

Didn't Chris Henry have some crazy awesome average yards per catch stat.
Reply/Quote
LT Munoz LG Montoya C Kozerski RG B Williams RT Anderson TE Eifert [healthy] lol
WR Green WR Brown WR Pickens RB Dillon QB Esiason

LE Dunlap LT Krumrie RT Atkins RE Smith
SLB Simmons MLB Spikes WLB Burfict
LCB Joseph RCB Jackson III SS Fulcher FS Nelson 3rd CB Ambrose

KR Jones PR Warrick K Breech P Huber
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2018, 08:31 PM)TKUHL Wrote: Didn't Chris Henry have some crazy awesome average yards per catch stat.

19.7 his rookie season was his best but he never caught 50 passes in a season....I dont see Eddie Brown's record being broken anytime soon....it has stood for 30 years.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2018, 08:51 PM)804 fan Wrote: LT Munoz LG Montoya C Kozerski RG B Williams RT Anderson TE Eifert [healthy] lol
WR Green WR Brown WR Pickens RB Dillon QB Esiason

LE Dunlap LT Krumrie RT Atkins RE Smith
SLB Simmons MLB Spikes WLB Burfict
LCB Joseph RCB Jackson III SS Fulcher FS Nelson 3rd CB Ambrose

KR Jones PR Warrick  K Breech P Huber

Pickens over Ocho??  really lol And Peter Warrick was way overrated and never did anything in the NFL.
Reply/Quote
Odell Thurman never panned out so how he would even make the team is mind boggling lol. This is supposed to be realistic not madden.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2018, 09:06 PM)pulses Wrote: Pickens over Ocho??  really lol  And Peter Warrick was way overrated and never did anything in the NFL.

I have nothing against Chad (really enjoyed his play) but if I had to pick between he and Pickens, I'd be hard pressed not to take Pickens. He was a more complete receiver than Chad, at least in this man's opinion.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2018, 10:16 PM)Erudite Stoner Wrote: I have nothing against Chad (really enjoyed his play) but if I had to pick between he and Pickens, I'd be hard pressed not to take Pickens. He was a more complete receiver than Chad, at least in this man's opinion.

Ocho by a landslide. I'll take his elite footwork and route running over Pickens and his vertical any day. Regardless of his antics he's easily the best WR has ever had, AJ still has work to do.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2018, 09:28 PM)pulses Wrote: Odell Thurman never panned out so how he would even make the team is mind boggling lol. This is supposed to be realistic not madden.

I kinda get it. Thurman to me Is almost as big a WHAT IF as Greg Cook. Thurman had the potential and talent to be one of the best LBers ever. Such a waste.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2018, 10:37 PM)phil413 Wrote: Ocho by a landslide. I'll take his elite footwork and route running over Pickens and his vertical any day. Regardless of his antics he's easily the best WR has ever had, AJ still has work to do.

I respect your opinion, and think both were fantastic in their primes. I do think you're underselling Pickens when you just refer to his vertical game. He also had some pretty good footwork in his own right, was more disciplined with his patterns (Chad had a tendency to freelance) and was physically stronger. As I stated, I'm a Chad Johnson fan, but I just feel Pickens was more complete.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2018, 09:28 PM)pulses Wrote: Odell Thurman never panned out so how he would even make the team is mind boggling lol. This is supposed to be realistic not madden.

Yes, as realistic as placing all Bengals from every era to play all at the same time.

Why don't you make your own SB team? Or are you one of those people who just criticize others without making an actual attempt to make a stand on your own beliefs?
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(01-10-2018, 10:33 AM)Interceptor Wrote: Offense: 2-TE sets
Defense: 4-3 man cover 2

HC: Paul Brown
OC: Bill Walsh
DC: Mike Zimmer

QB: Greg Cook
QB: Ken Anderson

RB: Corey Dillion
FB: Ickey Woods

WR: Chris Collinsworth
WR: Carl Pickens
WR: Eddie Brown

TE: Dan Ross
TE: Bob Trumpy
TE: Tony McGee

T: Anthony Munoz
T: Willie Anderson
G: Max Montoya
G: Dave Lapham
C: Rich Braham

NT: Tim Krumrie
DT: Geno Atkins
DE: Carlos Dunlap
DE: Justin Smith

LB: Vontaz Burfict
LB: Odell Thurman
LB: Takeo Spikes  
LB: Brian Simmons

CB: Pacman Jones
CB: Deltha O'Neal
CB: Ken Riley

S: George Iloka
S: David Fulcher
S: Solomon Wilcots

K: Shayne Graham
P: Lee Johnson

Offense is not bad except for the obvious omission of the greatest WR in team history.

That D though:

DE: Eddie Edwards
DT: Mike Reid

SLB: Reggie Williams
MLB: Bill Bergy
WLB: Vontaze Burfict

CB: Lamar Parrish

S: Tommy Casanova
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Starters in bold.

QB- Boomer, Anderson
RB- Dillon, Brooks, Gio, Rudi
FB- P. Johnson, Ickey
WR- AJ, Chad, Curtis, Brown, TJ HousMANNNNNNzadeh, Warrick
TE- Eifert, Trumpy
T- Munoz, Whit, Willie, Walters
G- Montoya, Steinbeck, Williams, Lapham
C- Braham, Koz
(26)

DE- J Smith, Geno, Bacon, Edwards
NT- Krumrie
DT- Reid, Peko, 
ILB- LeClair, TKO, BSimms, Glen Cameron (one of my favs)
OLB- Reggie W, Burfict, Francis, 'Los
S- Reggie, Fulrock, Bobby Kemp (one of my favs), Casanova, Darryl Williams
CB- Riley, ET, Parrish, Breeden, 
(24)

LS- Clark Harris, 
P- Pat Mc
K- Breech (less leg, more clutch)
(3)

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2018, 11:49 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Offense is not bad except for the obvious omission of the greatest WR in team history.

That D though:

Wasn't Reggie Williams Deaf?
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2018, 11:53 PM)TKUHL Wrote: Wasn't Reggie Williams Deaf?

I do not think so. He know more for the jacked up knee after countless surgeries. 

Reply/Quote
(01-10-2018, 11:49 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Offense is not bad except for the obvious omission of the greatest WR in team history.

That D though:

I wanted a ground-game-first offense, one that would soften up any defensive line and should slow the rush on passing plays. 
With defense, I know I have not chosen the best, but I chose the most hard-hitting and intimidating lineup I can think of.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote

He was born with a hearing impairment, but had speech and hearing therapy during his childhood years.
Reply/Quote

He had a speech impediment as a kid due to...possibly hearing loss? Something like that. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
Seems to me you need a full team. Most of these lineups do not include a full team, just partial teams, some just offensive players with no backups and certainly no practice squad..
I suck at these fantasies so I'll just play the guy selling beer up in the nose bleed section..

ICE COLD BEER! GET YOUR ICE COLD BEER HERE!
That'll be $14.50 thank you and enjoy the refreshing taste of watered down beer in a plastic container..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(01-10-2018, 11:58 PM)Interceptor Wrote: I wanted a ground-game-first offense, one that would soften up any defensive line and should slow the rush on passing plays. 
With defense, I know I have not chosen the best, but I chose the most hard-hitting and intimidating lineup I can think of.

If you want intimidating you should have chosen Jim LeClair. Dude kicked a bear's ass. 

Reply/Quote
(01-10-2018, 11:34 PM)Interceptor Wrote: Yes, as realistic as placing all Bengals from every era to play all at the same time.

Why don't you make your own SB team? Or are you one of those people who just criticize others without making an actual attempt to make a stand on your own beliefs?

Obviously I agreed with all the others except for the ones I mentioned...and Odell Thurman playing on any era is just plain ridiculous no matter how you twist it.....

Not only that I am entitled to my opinion this is a free forum in case you haven't noticed....
Reply/Quote