Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Building for the future
Unlike many, I am cautiously optimistic about this season. New HC, OC and DC. Week 1, we looked good, week 2 we looked like last year's team. Both weeks resulted in losses. The season is far, far from over, things could turn around. I am not sold on Baltimore, Cleveland and Pittsburgh has the same record as we do, so the division is still available.

However, we win the division, what then? Well I don't think we accomplish much in the Playoffs and as much as it would suck, we would probably be 1 and done, again.

Make no mistake, this is a team that needs to look toward the future. I would actually say this even if we won the SB. Looking toward the future doesn't necessarily mean FA and Draft. We should also look at trading.

No, we are not 1 player away from contending or winning, we have many holes to fill. LBer is the biggest weakness. The OLine I am not as down on as we don't have J. Williams out there playing (freaking injuries). I don't understand the benching of Price in favor of Hopkins, everything I have seen on the field is that Price is the better player but the coaches, who know more than I do, are rolling with Hopkins.

Next year our line should have Price and Williams in the line up. Jordan has shown promise and could be a keeper. The other spots need to be addressed though.

Right now, I would trade for Minkah Fitzpatrick, I wouldn't give anything more than a 2nd rounder for him, I would offer a player to go with it though. This gives us 2 good safeties for this year and the following years to come. A sudden improvement for this season if we somehow turn things around.

FA would have me targeting LBer and the Draft would have me looking at OLine.
Reply/Quote