Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bullock is the Devil
(09-09-2019, 12:11 AM)NKURyan Wrote: I mean I don't know, I wouldn't go that far. I'm sure he feels at least part of the blame lies on his shoulders.

You're playing on a basketball team.  You play a hard fought game, down by one.  You get fouled taking a shot at the buzzer.  The shot doesn't go.  You go to the line for two shots and the game.  You miss.  Now tell me you're not gonna go home thinking you lost the game.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(09-09-2019, 12:07 AM)McC Wrote: It really does sukk to have a missed FG and lose on the road by one, rain, snow, sleet or hail.  It's what the guy is there for.  

Anyone think Randy is not thinking he lost the game?

I think he's disappointed he missed that kick, but I dont think he thinks he lost the game. There were plenty of other mistakes made by other players that cost the Bengals possible points. Team loss.
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2019, 12:15 AM)Beaker Wrote: I think he's disappointed he missed that kick, but I dont think he thinks he lost the game. There were plenty of other mistakes made by other players that cost the Bengals possible points. Team loss.

Oh, he'll tell himself it wasn't his fault.  Other people will tell him it wasn't his fault.  But his brain won't buy it.  Miss the three pointer, lose by one. That is the one and only story.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(09-08-2019, 11:39 PM)NKURyan Wrote: I said out loud I wouldn't have kicked on the 4th and 4 he missed, but I can understand making that choice.

Wasn't it his first miss under 50 yards in a long time?

I'm not happy about it but right before the kick, i said to my wife, "this feels like a spot where he's going to miss". Just the way the game was going and the rain...after just settling for a FG on the previous play. It looked like he tried to overcompensate for the rain and his balance was way over his plant foot. 

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
I do think another kicker would give less people heartburn but in all fairness, there are three people involved in FG, Center, Holder, and Kicker. In this case the environment played a role. The hold had the ball slightly tilted to the right. I was surprised the holder held on the ball.

Yes, it may have cost the game but Bullock is only 29 and has done adequately. There are not many Tuckers out there and a lot more "Nugents" out there.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(09-08-2019, 10:51 PM)PacMan Fever Wrote: he kicked 66.6% today with a long of 39 yards while "Shayne-king" from 45 in a game we lost by 1.

I'd bring Cody Parkey, Kai Forbath, & Sebastián Jankowski in this week for tryouts.

Look, I was in the camp of the young draft pick so you know where I stand.  However, I am going to give him a pass on the kick due to the weather at the time.  It was hard to see on TV, but it was POURING.  Dalton wasn't hit on his fumble...it just slipped out of his hand.  What do you think happens with a wet shoe?  

FR didn't lose this game.  It was a team loss and the fact that it was so close brings out the venom for FR.  He will be fine and the team will go 10-6 or better.  
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2019, 12:07 AM)McC Wrote: It really does sukk to have a missed FG and lose on the road by one, rain, snow, sleet or hail.  It's what the guy is there for.  

Anyone think Randy is not thinking he lost the game?

I think Randy is thinking "Will White Castle be open when I get home?"
Reply/Quote
Randy is the man until someone with a better completion rate comes here to replace him..... no kicker makes every kick.
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2019, 12:05 AM)Beaker Wrote: If Tavecchio was clutch the falcons wouldnt have had to resign the living fossil Bryant to be their K.

He's super clutch.

He got cut because he kept missing FGs in the PS, but he's got a big leg and he's clutch.

The lefty Eliott.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2019, 10:48 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: He's super clutch.

He got cut because he kept missing FGs in the PS, but he's got a big leg and he's clutch.

The lefty Eliott.

How is that clutch??????????????????
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2019, 12:14 AM)McC Wrote: You're playing on a basketball team.  You play a hard fought game, down by one.  You get fouled taking a shot at the buzzer.  The shot doesn't go.  You go to the line for two shots and the game.  You miss.  Now tell me you're not gonna go home thinking you lost the game.

Poor Nick Anderson...
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2019, 10:52 AM)Sled21 Wrote: How is that clutch??????????????????

Look at his regular season; Prater got cut by the Broncos due to a poor preseason, same with Dan Bailey.

Both got picked up immediately and are still kicking to this day.

PS means nothing (see; Elliott).
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2019, 12:21 AM)McC Wrote:  Miss the three pointer, lose by one. That is the one and only story.

Not even close to the only story.
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2019, 10:56 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: PS means nothing (see; Elliott).

You realize Bullock's got a better FG % than Elliott, right?
Reply/Quote
There are some FA kickers I'd be bringing in for a workout, specifically Catanzaro. He's hit 3+ kicks at 57+ yards in his career.

For the tryout, focus only on 40+ yarders.
Do 5-10 kicks of each:

Have Bullock doing this competition with any of the FAs. Whoever wins gets the job.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(09-09-2019, 05:39 PM)Beaker Wrote: You realize Bullock's got a better FG % than Elliott, right?

Elliott's was better last year.  This is only Elliott's third season, and it's Bullock's sixth.  And Bullock's been with 5 different teams.  So there are more numbers for Bullock to work with to pad that percentage.
Reply/Quote
I was beside myself when they kept Bullock over Elliott, I have complained about more than just about anything Bengals wise. Bullock is a journeyman turd with no nuts.
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2019, 10:51 PM)PacMan Fever Wrote: he kicked 66.6% today with a long of 39 yards while "Shayne-king" from 45 in a game we lost by 1.

I'd bring Cody Parkey, Kai Forbath, & Sebastián Jankowski in this week for tryouts.

you're funny.
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2019, 05:45 PM)ochocincos Wrote: There are some FA kickers I'd be bringing in for a workout, specifically Catanzaro. He's hit 3+ kicks at 57+ yards in his career.

For the tryout, focus only on 40+ yarders.
Do 5-10 kicks of each:

Have Bullock doing this competition with any of the FAs. Whoever wins gets the job.

FA need to automatic under 40 as well...
Reply/Quote
You simply can't say lost by 1 and missed a FG so it cost us the game. Seattle's last drive would have looked much different if they had trailed by 2 points vs having a 1 point lead. It was a 45 yarder in the rain. Certainly no gimmie by any stretch of the imagination.
Reply/Quote