Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bullock is the Devil
Bullock is still a huge improvement over Nugent.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(09-09-2019, 05:39 PM)Beaker Wrote: You realize Bullock's got a better FG % than Elliott, right?

After Game 1, Elliot's FG% is 100% and Bullock's is 66.7%

Last year, as I've said repeatedly, Elliot's FG % was higher.  So we chose the average journeyman who has already hit his ceiling instead of the young kid with potential who broke Gostkowski's college records.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
They are basically the same guy, people need to relax on the weird Jake Elliott love fest. 

[Image: Kicker.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2019, 12:11 AM)NKURyan Wrote: I mean I don't know, I wouldn't go that far. I'm sure he feels at least part of the blame lies on his shoulders.

I believe we will have a new kicker by next season or we can hope they will find somebody this year. He is going to continue to be below average, and the ravens have a stud and they are out there,just have to find one.
Reply/Quote
Feels like the Bengals have been looking for a kicker since Jim Breech.
Check out my YouTube Show - The Cincinnati Bengals Genius

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-Ah3dvZ0FG3NyGp4gNBkEA?view_as=subscriber
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2019, 10:41 AM)BengalsGenius Wrote: Feels like the Bengals have been looking for a kicker since Jim Breech.

Graham had a pretty good stint here. Missed xtra point against Denver notwithstanding...

Reply/Quote
(09-09-2019, 01:34 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: I'm not happy about it but right before the kick, i said to my wife, "this feels like a spot where he's going to miss". Just the way the game was going and the rain...after just settling for a FG on the previous play. It looked like he tried to overcompensate for the rain and his balance was way over his plant foot. 

Isn't that a nice way of saying, "His fat shifted to left to quickly?"...... Ninja
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2019, 06:00 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: FA need to automatic under 40 as well...

Bullock hasn't been "automatic" under 40 though.
He's missed two sub-40 yarders since 2017.
Chandler Catanzaro has only missed 1 FG under 40 since 2017.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(09-10-2019, 11:26 AM)ochocincos Wrote: Bullock hasn't been "automatic" under 40 though.
He's missed two sub-40 yarders since 2017.
Chandler Catanzaro has only missed 1 FG under 40 since 2017.

..Catanzaro was 85% on extra points last year. They are basically the same guy, but I need those XP to not be so unreliable. Everyone here wants to trade one dude for another dude when they are all the same dude. The league has a massive kicking problem, the fact people think we can just go grab a better kicker when the Bears/Vikings/Falcons/Jets have been trying all off season to get one even remotely capable is as funny as thinking we'd find a LT walking around on the streets to save us.
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2019, 11:33 AM)Au165 Wrote:
..Catanzaro was 85% on extra points last year.
They are basically the same guy, but I need those XP to not be so unreliable. Everyone here wants to trade one dude for another dude when they are all the same dude. The league has a massive kicking problem, the fact people think we can just go grab a better kicker when the Bears/Vikings/Falcons/Jets have been trying all off season to get one even remotely capable is as funny as thinking we'd find a LT walking around on the streets to save us.

Since 2017, Catanzaro has had 5 XP misses (59 for 64) with a 92% completion.
In that same span, Bullock has had 4 XP misses (70 for 74) with a 94% completion.

If adding up the total number of misses under 40 yards between FGs and XPs, they have both missed the same number.
However, Catanzaro hasn't missed from 50+ yards since 2017 (5 for 5) while hitting a 59 yarder and 57 yarder.
Bullock, in the same timeframe, has a 50% FG % on 50+ yards since 2017 (3 for 6) with a long of 51.

Personally, I'd be fine with my kicker missing an extra shorter kick or two if it means hitting from further out more often, but that's just me.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(09-10-2019, 11:42 AM)ochocincos Wrote: Since 2017, Catanzaro has had 5 XP misses (59 for 64) with a 92% completion.
In that same span, Bullock has had 4 XP misses (70 for 74) with a 94% completion.

If adding up the total number of misses under 40 yards between FGs and XPs, they have both missed the same number.
However, Catanzaro hasn't missed from 50+ yards since 2017 (5 for 5) while hitting a 59 yarder and 57 yarder.
Bullock, in the same timeframe, has a 50% FG % on 50+ yards since 2017 (3 for 6) with a long of 51.

Personally, I'd be fine with my kicker missing an extra shorter kick or two if it means hitting from further out more often, but that's just me.

You keep saying 2017, but if he was the kicker he was in 2017 instead of last year he'd have a job. Such a weird argument to pretend like the previous years decline that has led to the guy retiring doesn't matter. The dude literally retired this preseason after missing two extra points in his first game. Mentally he is shot, which is the most important part of kicking.
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2019, 10:30 AM)fortyyearfan Wrote: I believe we will have a new kicker by next season or we can hope they will find somebody this year. He is going to continue to be below average, and the ravens have a stud and they are out there,just have to find one.

If there was a stud kicker out there, he'd be a Chicago Bear.
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2019, 11:52 AM)Au165 Wrote: You keep saying 2017, but if he was the kicker he was in 2017 instead of last year he'd have a job. Such a weird argument to pretend like the previous years decline that has led to the guy retiring doesn't matter. The dude literally retired this preseason after missing two extra points in his first game. Mentally he is shot, which is the most important part of kicking.

Didn't see he retired.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Funny to think, if it wasn't raining, how the game might've turned out. Sure, we can do what if's all day. I'm sure the rain had some sort of effect on the kick. We know Dalton fumbling did. I wonder, if it doesn't rain, what changes.

*Looks into magic 8 ball*

[Image: tumblr_nmz43uky8c1rtim7ko1_500.gif]

Feel free to support my Film/TV Review YouTube Channel  - Youtube.Com/NaterTot
Reply/Quote
Brad Stlouis ruined Graham. Marvin gave him too long of leash. He had 1 job and couldn't do it effectively
Reply/Quote
They all miss. It's really just if they miss when you need 3 points or if they miss when it's inconsequential to the outcome.
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2019, 02:34 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: They all miss. It's really just if they miss when you need 3 points or if they miss when it's inconsequential to the outcome.

That reminds me of that TB kicker they drafted Agyoyououo or whatever.  In a prime time game he missed 2 or 3 FGs before making the game winning one and in the instant interview he said "I made the one that counted" and I could hear the collective facepalm and see the writing was on the wall with his career.  They all counted, you fool.  

Anyways, I bet he's unemployed!  Call him!
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2019, 05:52 PM)BonnieBengal Wrote: Elliott's was better last year.  This is only Elliott's third season, and it's Bullock's sixth.  And Bullock's been with 5 different teams.  So there are more numbers for Bullock to work with to pad that percentage.

Doesn't change the fact.
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2019, 05:41 PM)Beaker Wrote: Doesn't change the fact.

Actually it probably does.  With the 2019 percentages added in, Elliott's is probably higher. Bullock's is currently 66.7% and Elliot's is 100%.
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2019, 05:48 PM)BonnieBengal Wrote: Actually it probably does.  With the 2019 percentages added in, Elliott's is probably higher.  Bullock's is currently 66.7% and Elliot's is 100%.

Do the math and get back to us.
Reply/Quote