Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bullock lost the game
(11-19-2018, 07:05 PM)bengalsturntup926 Wrote: I dont blame bullock, he is what he is. I blame the coaching staff who cant find a kicker who can make it from 50+

There are very few kickers in the NFL that are almost always money from 50+.  Very few.  Have a look of this 50+ stats this year.

So where do you think the coaching staff should find that magic 50+ kicker from?  Are they out there kicking field goals on some high school practice field just waiting for a team to discover them? Should they have drafted a kicker again this year? By the way Jake Elliott is 1-3 from 50+ yards also, you know that long range kicker some hated to see cut.  Kickers that can be depended upon for automatic long range kicks are pretty rare. There have been a lot of teams with kicking issues this year.  So if there is some magic kicker waiting to be discovered I imagine someone would have found him by now.  :)
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
(11-19-2018, 07:21 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: There are very few kickers in the NFL that are almost always money from 50+.  Very few.  Have a look from this year:

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?seasonType=REG&d-447263-n=1&d-447263-o=2&d-447263-p=1&d-447263-s=KICKING_FG_ATT_MADE_50PLUS&tabSeq=0&season=2018&experience=&Submit=Go&archive=false&statisticCategory=FIELD_GOALS&conference=null&qualified=false

So where do you think the coaching staff should find that magic 50+ kicker from?  Are they out there kicking field goals on some high school practice field just waiting for a team to discover them? Should they have drafted a kicker again this year? By the way Jake Elliott is 1-3 from 50+ yards also, you know that long range kicker some hated to see cut.  Kickers that can be depended upon for automatic long range kicks are pretty rare. There have been a lot of teams with kicking issues this year.  So if there is some magic kicker waiting to be discovered I imagine someone would have found him by now.  :)
Well we found a good kicker in josh brown i think his name was,the next year we chose nugent over him..that guy was clutch. You know what you have in bullock and you know hes a journey man. Atleast the fans know maybe not dumb marvin. 

Anyway yeah a kicker can miss, and a big deal in the gake was bullock missed and we allowed a extra field goal before half. 6 point swing right there. 
Reply/Quote
(11-19-2018, 07:34 PM)bengalsturntup926 Wrote: Well we found a good kicker in josh brown i think his name was,the next year we chose nugent over him..that guy was clutch. You know what you have in bullock and you know hes a journey man. Atleast the fans know maybe not dumb marvin. 

Anyway yeah a kicker can miss, and a big deal in the gake was bullock missed and we allowed a extra field goal before half. 6 point swing right there. 

You're talking about the past and by past a long time ago and Josh Brown is no longer in the league.  You still have not explained how the coaches should have found that magic clutch 50+ kicker.  You know the thing you blamed coaching on for not finding one?  Where is he?  Bengals coaches want to know. :)

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
(11-19-2018, 07:40 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: You're talking about the past and by past a long time ago and Josh Brown is no longer in the league.  You still have not explained how the coaches should have found that magic clutch 50+ kicker.  You know the thing you blamed coaching on for not finding one?  Where is he?  Bengals coaches want to know. :)

Are you serious? I do not have access to all the names of kickers like a pro team does lol you go look, i would of even took john brown in preseason over bullock,or elliot over bullock.
Reply/Quote
(11-19-2018, 07:51 PM)bengalsturntup926 Wrote: Are you serious? I do not have access to all the names of kickers like a pro team does lol you go look, i would of even took john brown in preseason over bullock,or elliot over bullock.

You're the one that blamed the staff on not finding that kicker so the onus is on you to name a kicker the Bengals should have signed. Elliot has the same 50+ percentage as Bullock this year 1-3. Jon Brown apparently missed a lot of short kicks. Not sure I'd want a kicker that can't be depended on for those short kicks. Again every team wants that magic 50+ kicker and about 28 teams are still trying to find one. There have been several teams that have struggled at the kicking position this year.  I imagine if the great 50+ hall of fame kicker was still out there a team would have found him by now.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
Worst freaking fans. Tucker has the best leg in the game by far. People miss (including tucker) extra points all the time and you’re whining about a missed 52 yard try. Get out of here with that trash.

Complain about the rest of the team putting him a situation where we need it for a tie.
Reply/Quote
(11-19-2018, 05:13 PM)Catmandude123 Wrote: Why does the kicker get no grief for missing a late FG? This should be a very makeable FG.

He isnt the worst kicker by far on this team.  How many times has Huber punted a 30-40 sorry as punt that costs us field position. Especially in the last 2 minutes of a half when we give up so many points. He is worthless.
Reply/Quote
(11-19-2018, 07:14 PM)fredtoast Wrote: So all we have to do is find a kicker who never misses, right?

How stupid can our coaches be for not finding this guy already?

[Image: 4M0fBlK.gif] 

They've already found him.  Unfortunately he plays against them twice a year.
Reply/Quote
LOL LOL LOL Bullocks miss, though painful to watch, is far from being the "reason" the Bengals lost. How about the defense giving up an 8 point lead down the stretch of the game. And, it's not like they got burnt on a lucky pass and catch or anything, they just continued to allow the same play to happen, over and over, all game long.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(11-19-2018, 07:14 PM)fredtoast Wrote: So all we have to do is find a kicker who never misses, right?

In all seriousness Bullock deserves a "share" of the blame for defeat, but it is not like the rest of the team played great and only lost because Bullock screwed up.  In fact even if bullock makes the kick we are still just tied.

Strongly disagree Fred, his miss gave them the ball at the 41 yard line and set up Tucker 56 yard game winner. We would have had the lead, who knows how Jackson would have handled that late in the game.

I do agree lots of blame to go around, but in my mind he has one job to do and he failed and we lost so he gets more than others.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(11-19-2018, 07:34 PM)bengalsturntup926 Wrote:  Atleast the fans know maybe not dumb marvin. 

Since you know more than Marvin then tell us who should be our kicker right now.

Let me guess.  .  .  Auden Tate?  "We'll never know if we don't give him a chance, right?"

LOL
Reply/Quote
(11-19-2018, 05:45 PM)Bengalbug Wrote: Randy bullock has been better than most kickers in the nfl this year

Yeah but why let that get in the way of bitching?
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(11-19-2018, 05:28 PM)Catmandude123 Wrote: Thought it was only 50yds but Tucker hit the game winner from 56 to give them the lead. I guess we shouldn't expect greatness because we are Bengals fans. 

Brilliant. Then all we need to do is find ourselves a HoF kicker who will go down as one of the best of all time. Simple enough. Wish you asked for this last week so we could have already gotten one.   Ninja

(11-19-2018, 08:02 PM)bengalhoel Wrote: He isnt the worst kicker by far on this team.  How many times has Huber punted a 30-40 sorry as punt that costs us field position. Especially in the last 2 minutes of a half when we give up so many points. He is worthless.

Huber is 8th in the NFL in punts inside the 20. Last year he was 5th.

He is never going to be elite in punt distance because Marvin loves to play conservative field position games leading to a lot of punts where he simply doesn't have the field to go deeper. A 34 yard punt from the opponent's 40 that goes out of bounds at the 6 is a good thing if you're looking for field position. It doesn't look pretty on the cumulative stat sheet, though, except on punts inside the 20, which Huber is great at.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(11-19-2018, 05:28 PM)Catmandude123 Wrote: Thought it was only 50yds but Tucker hit the game winner from 56 to give them the lead. I guess we shouldn't expect greatness because we are Bengals fans. 

Tucker also missed an extra point several weeks ago that would have tied the game for the Ravens as time expired.
Reply/Quote
I assume Bullock has a big leg because he looks like he's on the Janikowski diet.
Reply/Quote

In all seriousness Bullock deserves a "share" of the blame for defeat, but it is not like the rest of the team played great and only lost because Bullock screwed up.  In fact even if bullock makes the kick we are still just tied.

Haha. It's funny Fred...some of the people in this thread talk about how John Ross is 'good' and William Jackson is on the verge of being a shutdown corner...yet they're all over Bullock for missing a 50+ yard kick.
Reply/Quote
What?!?!?

The defense gave up over 400 yards to a mediocre Baltimore offense, the Cincinnati offense couldn’t get started, and people are blaming Randy Bullock for missing a 50+ yard field goal attempt?

What a load of caca de toro.
Reply/Quote
The defense lost the game. They couldn't stop the run and Gus Edwards, who never did what he did yesterday at Rutgers, totally ran over and through the defense.
Reply/Quote
(11-19-2018, 09:16 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: What?!?!?

The defense gave up over 400 yards to a mediocre Baltimore offense, the Cincinnati offense couldn’t get started, and people are blaming Randy Bullock for missing a 50+ yard field goal attempt?  

What a load of caca de toro.

You know what the problem is? We KNOW hes most likely to miss from 50. Can we get a kicker we are confident with or think has a chance to make it. I knew when he was going out i didnt feel good about it.
Reply/Quote
(11-19-2018, 09:57 PM)bengalsturntup926 Wrote: You know what the problem is? We KNOW hes most likely to miss from 50. Can we get a kicker we are confident with or think has a chance to make it. I knew when he was going out i didnt feel good about it.

If the Cincinnati offense had done its job, Fat Randy wouldn’t have been in that position.
Reply/Quote