Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bungalized
Well my fellow Bengal fans,it has taken decades (maybe I'm a bit bungalized ), but now I'm at the point where I no longer cringe at the terms bungles, bungalized,and other negative team descriptions.Matter of fact I even started using them today for the first time ever.It was seeing bell run up the sideline for a TD with two Bengal defenders that failed to get bell out of bounds.In all my years of watching football that play really stood out for all the wrong reasons,C'MON GUYS.Extremely disapointed. Sick
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I know from experience that it's better for your health when you emotionally detach yourself from the team.
Reply/Quote
This team is actually sort of hilarious once you stop giving a shit.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2017, 08:00 AM)Sabretooth Wrote: Well my fellow Bengal fans,it has taken decades (maybe I'm a bit bungalized ), but now I'm at the point where I no longer cringe at the terms bungles, bungalized,and other negative team descriptions.Matter of fact I even started using them today for the first time ever.It was seeing bell run up the sideline for a TD with two Bengal defenders that failed to get bell out of bounds.In all my years of watching football that play really stood out for all the wrong reasons,C'MON GUYS.Extremely disapointed. Sick

You should be proud of how your team played, especially your QB.  That was probably the most biased officiating I have ever seen...haven't re-watched since I got home so late, so I don't know how the TV crews called it (they know where their bread it buttered).  

Guys, read the thread I started about the officiating.  That was just a handful of things that were egregious.  

Bengals completely outplayed them.  Refs took it away from them.  You could see the calls start to get REALLY bad when the Bengals were up 10-0.   It was as though they were afraid pitt couldn't come down if Cincy got one more TD and was up 17-0. 

**** you, NFL.  I hope you all end up in jail getting ass-raped for your crimes.  
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2017, 10:36 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: You should be proud of how your team played, especially your QB.  That was probably the most biased officiating I have ever seen...haven't re-watched since I got home so late, so I don't know how the TV crews called it (they know where their bread it buttered).  

Guys, read the thread I started about the officiating.  That was just a handful of things that were egregious.  

Bengals completely outplayed them.  Refs took it away from them.  You could see the calls start to get REALLY bad when the Bengals were up 10-0.   It was as though they were afraid pitt couldn't come down if Cincy got one more TD and was up 17-0. 

**** you, NFL.  I hope you all end up in jail getting ass-raped for your crimes.  

The officiating was egregiously bad, and Gruden and McDonough called it out.  That said, we were culpable in our own way for losing the game.  Those "journalistic jargons" doomed us yet again.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
Refs were awful but we cannot make plays in crunch time. It has been that way for 15 years with a few exceptions.

In fourth quarter we rushed only with four when Steeler were keeping 2 in the backfield to block.

Ben could have cleaned his finger nails until some WR came open he had so much time in fourth quarter.

I recall the exact same things happened in Pittsburgh in the second half.

We also stopped running the ball in the second half which is what set Dalton up in first half.

Once again- we got completely outcoached in second half regardless of awful officials.
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2017, 10:36 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: You should be proud of how your team played, especially your QB.  That was probably the most biased officiating I have ever seen...haven't re-watched since I got home so late, so I don't know how the TV crews called it (they know where their bread it buttered).  

No doubt that the officiating was cringeworthy last night, but the refs didn't cause dropped passes, inability to get to Ben, missed tackles, the WJ3 non-play, the offsides on the game ending FG, etc. Unfortunately, the Bengals didn't do themselves many favors in the second half either.
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2017, 02:06 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: No doubt that the officiating was cringeworthy last night, but the refs didn't cause dropped passes, inability to get to Ben, missed tackles, the WJ3 non-play, the offsdies on the game ending FG, etc. Unfortunately, the Bengals didn't do themselves many favors in the second half either.

IF they game was remotely called fairly, they win by 10 points easy.  Just the AJ touchdown was a huge BS point swing.  

It only takes a few to flip a few scoring drives.  steelers had drives sustained with the help of flags, Bengals had them stopped because of them.  I haven't the time or energy to go through and catalog all the piss poor intentionally bad calls last night, but there were sure lots of them. 
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2017, 02:06 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: No doubt that the officiating was cringeworthy last night, but the refs didn't cause dropped passes, inability to get to Ben, missed tackles, the WJ3 non-play, the offsides on the game ending FG, etc. Unfortunately, the Bengals didn't do themselves many favors in the second half either.

Meh.....journalistic jargon..... Mellow

Reply/Quote
(12-05-2017, 02:09 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: IF they game was remotely called fairly, they win by 10 points easy.  Just the AJ touchdown was a huge BS point swing.  

It only takes a few to flip a few scoring drives.  steelers had drives sustained with the help of flags, Bengals had them stopped because of them.  I haven't the time or energy to go through and catalog all the piss poor intentionally bad calls last night, but there were sure lots of them. 

There is some merit to this, for sure, but the staff shit the bed again as well.  Conservative with the lead is the way to go! Ninja

Reply/Quote
(12-05-2017, 02:12 PM)Wyche Wrote: There is some merit to this, for sure, but the staff shit the bed again as well.  Conservative with the lead is the way to go! Ninja

You know...when you witness meltdown after meltdown after meltdown for 20 years...it's pretty much hard to pinpoint any 1 problem.
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2017, 02:09 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: IF they game was remotely called fairly, they win by 10 points easy.  Just the AJ touchdown was a huge BS point swing.  

Yeah, I'm not saying the refs didn't play any part or that the Bengals wouldn't have won with better calls...just that the Bengals had issues apart from the officiating that certainly didn't help their cause. Besides what I mentioned in the last post, how about allowing the Steelers to convert the 4th down on their own side of the field, LaFell dropping an easy catch that would've been a 1st down, the sack on 3rd and 2, among other things.
Reply/Quote
Maybe the Bengals would do better as a bowling team or synchronized swimming? Gymnastics?
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2017, 04:51 PM)nickndfl Wrote: Maybe the Bengals would do better as a bowling team or synchronized swimming? Gymnastics?

They'd eff that up too.....btw, AFCNorth Chatter, Around the NFL, and Smack Talk are the forums you are looking for. :andy:

Reply/Quote