Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bunker
Marv had lost me early in the season with some of his dumb game decisions, but now the team has returned to its flatter than Kansas mentality.

I had such high hopes for the 50th Anniversary team. I believe the pieces ARE there, and they are being sorely mismanaged. Personnel decisions that have me wondering "Are they trying to minimize their second contract by not playing them an entire year?". Being grateful to Marvin for leading the team to a competitive, perennial playoff appearance has been completely replaced by hatred for wasting the opportunities and wanting to scream at how little effort this team displays.

I am actually, for the first time ever, considering not renewing my season tickets next year. I really have stayed with it because my 84 year-old father goes to every game with me, but I could think of 1000 other things we could do where he doesn't have to walk as much and deal with such frustration (although he really doesn't care...he just goes with me).

It isn't the money, but I am just starting to realize that I don't enjoy watching something that is so different from how I approach my life and what I model for my kids and the kids I coach.

I will still attend the rest of this year's games, hoping for some kind of miracle, but deep down I know this is the end. I am not even sure I will be in to the draft, which is something I have always enjoyed to a great extent.

Take care, all...I will be back after a few weeks of bunker time.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Quitting on the Bengals because they refuse to fire Marvin Lewis?  Who are ya, Carson Palmer?

[Image: hqdefault.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Sometimes a little time away and disconnect is good for the soul.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
You're trapped like all the rest of us. I would still buy season tickets if I could go to every home game. lol
Reply/Quote
(10-26-2017, 08:50 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Marv had lost me early in the season with some of his dumb game decisions, but now the team has returned to its flatter than Kansas mentality.

I had such high hopes for the 50th Anniversary team.  I believe the pieces ARE there, and they are being sorely mismanaged.  Personnel decisions that have me wondering "Are they trying to minimize their second contract by not playing them an entire year?".  Being grateful to Marvin for leading the team to a competitive, perennial playoff appearance has been completely replaced by hatred for wasting the opportunities and wanting to scream at how little effort this team displays.

I am actually, for the first time ever, considering not renewing my season tickets next year.  I really have stayed with it because my 84 year-old father goes to every game with me, but I could think of 1000 other things we could do where he doesn't have to walk as much and deal with such frustration (although he really doesn't care...he just goes with me).  

It isn't the money, but I am just starting to realize that I don't enjoy watching something that is so different from how I approach my life and what I model for my kids and the kids I coach.  

I will still attend the rest of this year's games, hoping for some kind of miracle, but deep down I know this is the end.  I am not even sure I will be in to the draft, which is something I have always enjoyed to a great extent.

How can you honestly sit here and say "the pieces are there"? Have you seen the offensive line? Have you seen our receiving corps? The pieces are NOT there. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
Finally coming to the dark side, eh? Kidding of course. But I've felt this way a number a years, but I never did season tickets, just two games a year with my boy. We don't and haven't done that in 3 years now (Last game was Thursday night embarrassment vs Browns). I am not going to spend my money on this half in, half out Org. It makes me feel a little better than loyal guys like you are fed up as well. Maybe hitting them were it hurts will make them change their ways? Idk, but I sure the heck aint going to feed the beast until it does change.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
Everyone has their breaking point. Mine was the 2013 home loss to San Diego. I still talk to you guys and watch (most of) the games, but the excitement dropped quite a few notches and I've missed at least 10 games since then...when I never missed a game barring a blackout before that. Even during the 8-0 start in 2015, I was just waiting for the other shoe to drop.

It's just beyond stupid that we're still talking about Marvin Lewis and Paul Alexander in 2017. Ogbuehi and Fisher were handed starting jobs with zero competition after looking like total busts last year. This team shouldn't be allowed to operate the way it does. It's an insult to Bengals fans and the entire city of Cincinnati.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(10-26-2017, 08:50 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Marv had lost me early in the season with some of his dumb game decisions, but now the team has returned to its flatter than Kansas mentality.

I had such high hopes for the 50th Anniversary team.  I believe the pieces ARE there, and they are being sorely mismanaged.  Personnel decisions that have me wondering "Are they trying to minimize their second contract by not playing them an entire year?".  Being grateful to Marvin for leading the team to a competitive, perennial playoff appearance has been completely replaced by hatred for wasting the opportunities and wanting to scream at how little effort this team displays.

I am actually, for the first time ever, considering not renewing my season tickets next year.  I really have stayed with it because my 84 year-old father goes to every game with me, but I could think of 1000 other things we could do where he doesn't have to walk as much and deal with such frustration (although he really doesn't care...he just goes with me).  

I will still attend the rest of this year's games, hoping for some kind of miracle, but deep down I know this is the end.  I am not even sure I will be in to the draft, which is something I have always enjoyed to a great extent.

Interesting. I think for me it would be if I enjoyed going to the games and had fun. You almost have to divorce yourself from the outcome with the Bengals.

That said...they eventually will win a playoff game. We're just not going to have as much success as the more well managed teams.
Reply/Quote
(10-26-2017, 09:08 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: How can you honestly sit here and say "the pieces are there"? Have you seen the offensive line? Have you seen our receiving corps? The pieces are NOT there. 

I think the receivers are there (nothing great, but I think it's about as good as it gets in the Dalton era) but you're 110% right on the OL. That's whats holding this team back, and it's painfully obvious. If we had an OL our running game would be a TON better, which would help open up the passing game, and just for the fact that the pass protection would be better would help out the passing game a lot. Hopefully Marvin gets canned, and whoever our new HC makes a point to get free agents to fill up some holes, and we pick OL in the first few rounds.
Reply/Quote
I agree. With the exception of a couple of even halfway decent linemen, the pieces are there. The Defense is ranked #2, or were anyway, we have the backs and the recievers, and the QB. It's just that no one has any time because there is no O line....
Reply/Quote

You take care! I got over the Bengals being an embarrassment a long time ago. There's more to life. During my former career, I needed a release and that was football. Then the 90's hit and it drove me to even a deeper depression. I found God and golf. I vowed never to let anything I have no control get me worked up and down. Now I only get angry when I hook one. 
 It's just entertainment for me anymore, I still care, but it doesn't define who I am.
Reply/Quote
(10-26-2017, 09:51 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Everyone has their breaking point. Mine was the 2013 home loss to San Diego. I still talk to you guys and watch (most of) the games, but the excitement dropped quite a few notches and I've missed at least 10 games since then...when I never missed a game barring a blackout before that. Even during the 8-0 start in 2015, I was just waiting for the other shoe to drop.

It's just beyond stupid that we're still talking about Marvin Lewis and Paul Alexander in 2017. Ogbuehi and Fisher were handed starting jobs with zero competition after looking like total busts last year. This team shouldn't be allowed to operate the way it does. It's an insult to Bengals fans and the entire city of Cincinnati.

This is wisdom.

I am not completely quitting on Bengals ( and the corrupt NFL)  because of my great times going to games with my Dad in the 1960s and 1970s and because of the nice people on this board.

There are many reasons why Marv had lost 8 of the last 9 Steeler games but the biggest reason is that Steelers want to win and expect to win and will do whatever it takes to win.

No Steelers laughing on the sideline when they are losing. Tomlin fumes instead of clapping hands.

Bengals OK with making a profit regardless of outcome on field.

Bengal fans care more about the team winning than the owners or the players.
Reply/Quote