Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Burfict------#55
Is Burfict a great player? Yes.

Is Burfict a basketcase? Yes.

Some of you people yelled at Marvin for having a terrible locker room in his early years and not being able to control some of his defenders like Thurman. Look at how much Marvin has learned.

Even players said that this would catch up and they're not happy about it.

Marvin had the perfect locker room. Added an enforcer, and just couldn't control the team when they needed him the most.

Plus, I don't agree with some of Burfict's dirty hits. He needs to calm down with some of those.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2016, 11:43 AM)GodFather Wrote: Its the coaches job to instill composure when the game gets crazy. If it wasn't for Burfict we wouldn't even took the lead. He put the team in a great place to win. Its all on Lewis in my mind. Why give the ball to butter fingers? They should've taken a knee and kicked a FG. 

Burfict is a monster..my favorite player on the Bengals.

It's the coaches job to instill that yes but, when it comes time to follow through, the players have to keep their emotions in check.  Coaches cannot run out there to check their players when things get heated.  With that said I find it absolutely inexcusable what Jones did.  Spare me the crap about Porter. 

As for Burfict, he always plays on the edge of the line so this is the chance you take with him.  But, as others have said, I'm willing to take that chance because more times than not it helps rather than hurts.  
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2016, 01:22 AM)Alleyviper13 Wrote: Adam Jones needs to go...old and annoying. I know two cops who arrested him and said all he did was talk shit about how he was a Bengals player....Talking shit is his thing.

Ditto!  His trouble off the field has always been his nemesis!

I haven't heard a peep out of Burfict problems off the field.
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2016, 03:13 AM)TexasorBusted Wrote: Every season has two goals:

1) Bengals win Super Bowl....Fail
2) Steelers don't win Super Bowl....(Without Bell and Big Ben likely separated shoulder)....Mission Accomplished

When Big Ben was sacked by Burfict, I considered it being square with the Kimo von Oelhffen destroying Carson Palmer's knee...

Word.....

(01-11-2016, 10:33 AM)masonbengals fan Wrote: Without him this game isn't even close. I'll take him on my team any day. He's getting killed in the media now & will have to be on his best behavior next season. They will be watching him like a hawk.

Absolutely

(01-11-2016, 10:34 AM)jason Wrote: If the NFL fines Joey Porter, is that an admission that the refs botched that situation?

I would think so....and Shazier.  The Porter fiasco should have been offsetting.

(01-11-2016, 11:25 AM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: I love the way Burfict plays. **** the Steelers.

Ditto.  They love to dish out....but have issues being dealt back.

(01-11-2016, 11:43 AM)GodFather Wrote: Its the coaches job to instill composure when the game gets crazy. If it wasn't for Burfict we wouldn't even took the lead. He put the team in a great place to win. Its all on Lewis in my mind. Why give the ball to butter fingers? They should've taken a knee and kicked a FG. 

Burfict is a monster..my favorite player on the Bengals.

This is it, right here.  If we play for the FG on the previous series, we likely win anyway.  After this debacle, I think it's plain to see, we need to quit blaming Carson Palmer, Jon Kitna, Andy Dalton, or AJ McCarron......this was all on the coaching staff.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
It might not be popular opinion, but I own a Burfict jersey and will continue to wear it after this playoff game.

Exactly as OP said, the fans have demanded a physical, no BS LB.

From what I've watched of Burfict over the past couple years and especially against the Steelers, he has a tendency to try and retaliate and play wreckless at times.

With that said, the Steelers are revered for playing like Burfict does, so I personally am fine with having a player that plays to their level.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(01-11-2016, 05:56 AM)TKUHL Wrote: Ive been a huge Burfict fan, even said when we picked him up after the draft that he would be our best player on D. If we had 10 more players on our D like Burfict we would be Pitt. I also wanted that LB that teams feared, but damn there is a difference between being that Luke Kuechly, Ray Lewis type intimidator and being a complete selfish idiot. He is a freakin Idiot who helped us lose a game that he could have been the hero in.

Jeremy Hills fumble lost this game for us..

burfict basically won the game for us by knocking ben out long enough for us to climb back into it and that interception...

Without Burfict we arent even close to winning this game.

Hill doesnt fumble and the steelers have to score a TD. with no time outs.
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2016, 12:29 PM)ochocincos Wrote: It might not be popular opinion, but I own a Burfict jersey and will continue to wear it after this playoff game.

Exactly as OP said, the fans have demanded a physical, no BS LB.

From what I've watched of Burfict over the past couple years and especially against the Steelers, he has a tendency to try and retaliate and play wreckless at times.

With that said, the Steelers are revered for playing like Burfict does, so I personally am fine with having a player that plays to their level.

Yes.  Let's be honest, we always scapegoat players, but the truth is, Taz should've never been put in that position. The decision to give Hill the ball lost this game.  We have blamed QB's....Maualuga....Gresham.....there is but three constants here.

As long as Burfict can rein it in to only Stooler games, I am totally thrilled with him.  I like having him regardless, but if he could clean up his game totally against other teams (and really, he's not that bad in other games), then I'm fine unleashing him on those instigating, late hitting, cheap shotting pricks.  I don't want him trying to injure guys intentionally, but hard hits that push the envelope, and retaliating against them is fine by me.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
Burfict and Maualuga are the best dual linebackers we've had in a while. When they are out there together they are a force. Maualuga was awesome in this game. No way we get rid of Burfict...... and to those syaing we should, think about this. If we let Vontaze get away, he could easily be a Steeler or Raven for years........ Shocked
Reply/Quote
This is my guy....in fact I am going to go buy another one of his jerseys.

[Image: lu2j2q-lu2iyt2ucla.jpg]
Reply/Quote
I love that Burfict plays for the Bengals. That dudes passion is what single-handedly brought us back into that game.
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2016, 01:32 PM)Aquapod770 Wrote: I love that Burfict plays for the Bengals. That dudes passion is what single-handedly brought us back into that game.

This.

Co sign.

The heart and mind of Tim Krumrie inside the body of a Terminator.  
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2016, 10:34 AM)jason Wrote: If the NFL fines Joey Porter, is that an admission that the refs botched that situation?

If you're Pacman you can't make contact with an official, that is going to draw a flag every single time.  You can't let yourself be baited by Porter... you have to know that is what he is trying to do.  You must be a professional and keep your emotions in check.

As for Burfict.  He is a great player, but also seems rather childish.  Because of his past actions, he has a target on his back.  Peter King reported that the league office actually told him he was being "put on notice" this week.  You simply HAVE to be smarter, you just have to... as a fan I basically expect him to do something stupid at any point during a game.  I also expect him to make a few great plays, but it does not cancel out the stupid ones.  He needs to grow up and Lewis needs to help him do so (unfortunately I don't think Lewis is capable of doing so).
Reply/Quote
I still love Burfict. Outstanding football player and I think his behavior was exaggerated and even made up last night.

Unbelievable how far the media will go to maintain a narrative.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Burfict is a BEAST.  I don't want him to go anywhere.  I've been waiting for him since the day we lost Odell Thurman.  REP+
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2016, 04:05 PM)Football Bender Wrote: Burfict is a BEAST.  I don't want him to go anywhere.  I've been waiting for him since the day we lost Odell Thurman.  REP+

The difference he makes in our defense is truly stunning.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote

They won't say it, but yes.
Reply/Quote
Im buying a Burfict jersey.
Reply/Quote
So tired of hearing about Burficts "dirty" hit(s).

Anyone remember the multiple broken jaws suffered by Steeler hits? The recent Mike Mitchell, Ryan Shazier hits? Steelers have been cheapshotting us for years.

So glad we finally have someone who will respond. The hit on Brown was not nearly what they want to make it. Its now a witch hunt with him across the NFL, so they're putting everything he has done in his career under a microscope to find something they can point to.
Reply/Quote